PDA

View Full Version : deciphering keywords... a little help?

nightserpent
16th September 2005, 04:35 PM
Pictures being worth a thousand words and all....

http://www.nightserpent.com/obe/scrawl.jpg

It looks like "I had a . ... ... about my....." Not much to go on! :oops:

Ever see the episode of Seinfeld where Jerry writes down what he thinks is a hilarious joke in the middle of the night, but can't decipher it in th morning? That's how I have been feeling with some of my key words.

Any tips on how to create more legible and effective notes? Part of the problem is that my motor skills seem to be less than ideal right after I wake up. Another is light. I'm a bit hesitant to use too much light, as I fear it will wake me up too much and prevent me from getting back to sleep.

Nazerel
16th September 2005, 05:52 PM
The bottom part looks like, "About my life + art".

Either that, or "About my fire ant." :shock:

nightserpent
16th September 2005, 06:01 PM
:lol: The former interpretation makes a little more sense (I hardly ever interact with fire ants anymore). I'm an artist, but even so, it doesn't jog my memory of any dreams. Hmmm....

are your key words as cryptically scrawled as mine?

Nazerel
16th September 2005, 06:08 PM
are your key words as cryptically scrawled as mine?

Well, my handwriting is consistently horrible; it doesn't matter if I write in the dark or not. However, I've gotten better at reading my own handwriting over the years.

You could try printing the letters. It would take more time, but there will be enough seperation to distinguish the words.

Planet_Jeroen
16th September 2005, 06:23 PM
Perhaps use a normal pen instead of a marker ?

nightserpent
16th September 2005, 06:47 PM
You could try printing the letters. It would take more time, but there will be enough seperation to distinguish the words.

That is my printing! :oops: :lol: My notes seem to toggle between printed lower case and uppercase, even in the same night. I find when I am that groggy, it is harder for me to be disciplined and write carefully at times.

Planet_Jeroen- I think that makes sense. I chose the fine marker, because it easily makes lines, but maybe a slightly finer one would be best. I chose not to use a pencil or something that requires more friction, as I might get notes that are far too faint.

Dixie
16th September 2005, 07:36 PM
Hmm :)

I had a lead cross above my life tart? lol

How about getting a little tape recorder and recording your notes orally?

nightserpent
16th September 2005, 07:44 PM
:lol:

I share a bed with my girlfriend, so I don't know if that would be too disruptive. "Note to self....."

Maybe I should get one of those mini booklamps, it's not too bright as to wake me up beyond the point of return.

Dixie
16th September 2005, 08:02 PM
lol- A recorder wouldn't work then I don't guess. :D

Hmm- The book light might work, or I believe they have pens that light up when you click them.

Yeah, like here: http://nursesdirect.com/search/?search=CQ635

I don't know if it would help or not, lol :)

My second attempt at the decipher:

I need a red crow
Abort my life + art

:)

nightserpent
16th September 2005, 08:28 PM
score! I think I'll order one of those, it looks perfect. :D

I need a red crow
Abort my life + art

OK, now you're just making 'em up! :wink:

Nazerel
16th September 2005, 08:43 PM
The last word on the first line looks like "car".

Are the two lines seperate notes?

nightserpent
16th September 2005, 09:15 PM
I think it's just one dream. When I put two on one page, I generally try to put a good space in between them. I learned this the hard way because I once wrote over one set of keywords with another. :oops: