PDA

View Full Version : EFT to Help Induce OBE and Lucid Dreaming

Flash_hound
7th April 2007, 09:39 PM
Hello,
My mother is a healer and practitioner of EFT (see http://www.emofree.com) EFT is a system where you use primary meridian points in order to release energy blockages in your body. These blockages can cause severe allergies, emotional disabilities, or even diseases such as cancer. When I was younger I had a large number of allergies caused by blockages in my energy pathways. These blockages were cured using a technique called NAET, but my mom practices EFT for the same sorts of things and it is very effective. The Israeli army also uses EFT in order to take care of Shell Shocked troops.
What I want to experiment with is using EFT to help me with having OBE and dream recall.

Here I am going to post a journal of what words and phrases I am using and how effective they are. This is an experiment and has a high possibility of being not effective at all. I am just hoping you guys will comment and help me figure out how to do this. This is going to be supplemental to my MAP work.

Free EFT stuff-
http://www.emofree.com/downloadeftmanual.asp
http://www.emofree.com/tutorial.htm

Also referred to as tapping because when activate the points you tap on them (put 2 or 4 fingers together and hit that point softly).
First you begin to tap on your fist where you would pound it on a surface or in the fatty part between your wrist and your pinky knuckle. There you would say a phrase that relates to the problem, "Even though I believe I can never astrally project I deeply and completely love and accept myself and know that I can." You would do this about 3 or 4 times. After that you tap on a point above your eye and say a phrase like, "Not being able to clear my mind." You would continue saying this on the right side of your eye, below your eye near where that niche is, under your nose, in the crease beneath your mouth and before your chin, on your collar bone (near the indent) and under your arm and then on the soft part of your skull (also known as du-20 located at the highest point of your head.) After going through a cycle like that you would take a deep breath. You should say each phrase as many times as feels right on each point. I hope that was a decent enough description that you could get the gist of what I am talking about. It can take anywhere from immediately after you tap to 24 hours for the tapping to take effect. But it's a really quick and easy thing to do, and I believe potentially very helpful.

Day 1:
Phrases:
"Even though I can't remember my dreams I deeply and completely love and accept myself and will remember all of my dreams tonight."
"Not being able to remember my dreams."

Noticeable effects:
None as I haven't slept yet but I will edit this tomorrow.

Notes:
I used variations there in as felt appropriate. If anything pops up into your head while you are tapping no harm will come of switching mid-cycle. If something comes into your head then start to tap on that as feels appropriate.
(ex: me tapping about not being able to remember dreams and then I remember I read in MAP it's hard to remember dreams so I tap on that being said. Note: This didn't really happen it's just an example.)

Well I hope this has helped you guys out and please ask question and leave comments positive or negative. You guys have given me so much help I thought I would do my little bit of share to help you guys out too. Please don't take this as me being a know-it-all I just want to help :D. If anything was unclear just post it.

Oh and hopefully this is not in the wrong forum, please move it if it is.

Thank you!

Lordofthebunnies
7th April 2007, 09:59 PM
I stumbled across the EFT information several months back. Pretty helpful stuff, though I have noticed that one has to practice it fairly regularly for the effects to crystalize over time.

I think this is an excellent idea for an experiment, I'd be happy to see how it turns out.

Flash_hound
8th April 2007, 05:52 PM
Day 1:
Phrases:
"Even though I can't remember my dreams I deeply and completely love and accept myself and will remember all of my dreams tonight."

Noticeable effects:
Last night I could remember close to 7 dreams. Although it's hard to measure because a lot of the dreams overlapped. While sleeping I also had a dream where I mentioned the effects of EFT while dreaming... The tapping probably didn't take effect till close to 7 in the morning because that was when I started to remember dreams so we'll find out how it goes again tonight. But I am very happy with the results thus far.

Notes:
I used variations there in as felt appropriate. If anything pops up into your head while you are tapping no harm will come of switching mid-cycle. If something comes into your head then start to tap on that as feels appropriate.
(ex: me tapping about not being able to remember dreams and then I remember I read in MAP it's hard to remember dreams so I tap on that being said.)

@ LordoftheBunnies
It does have to be fairly regular. But so does most energy work for the most part. Thanks for your support!

Flash_hound
8th April 2007, 07:41 PM
Day 2: Mind Taming Assistance + Dream Recall
Phrases: "Even though I am finding it difficult to clear my mind I deeply and completely love and accept myself and have complete control over my brain."
"Not being able to clear my mind."
"Find it difficult to keep my mind clear."
"Stopping breathing when I am clearing my mind."
"Music playing in my head when I try and clear it."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Even though dreams are difficult to remember I deeply and completely love and accept myself and know that I can remember them just as clearly as real life."
"Difficulty remembering dreams."
"Forgetting dreams when I wake up."

Results:
Just now I'm doing the spot focus technique (my personal favorite) and all background thoughts are dropping away easily. Also my general thoughts feel more clear and it feels like my brain is just more clean. Also I noticed that I didn't stop breathing as much which is good!

Notes:
I did a couple of tappings on things I didn't write down here. I did them and then just as quickly forgot them... Maybe my mind is a little bit too clear. :lol: I'm just kidding of course, EFT can't hurt you. If anyone would like to do this with me please tell me. I continued on dreams tomorrow, and if my dream recall remains good tonight I am going to work on lucidity in dreams tomorrow. This course is kind of still me working on my weak points in the program and since tomorrow I'm going to be doing trances I may be working on that tomorrow instead of lucid dreaming. Please comment! :) Thanks.

Flash_hound
9th April 2007, 04:35 PM
Day 2 Results:

I remembered 9 dreams last night. Well I wrote down the keywords to 9 dreams during the night and when I woke up I could remember them all when I read about them, but not much more... So that is going to effect todays Tapping.

Day 3: Lucid Dreaming + Dream Memory
Phrases: "Even though I can remember my dreams with prompting I deeply and completely love and accept myself and know that I want, and can have more than that and will from now on put my dreams into long term memory as soon as I get them."
"Even though I can remember my dreams with prompting I deeply and completely love and accept myself and will now remember my dreams without prompting."
"Remembering dreams without prompting."
"Not moving dreams into long term memory immediately."
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"Even though dreams can be realistic and I am fooled by that I deeply and completely love and accept myself and am not angry at myself for mistaking dreams for real life."
"Even though it is difficult to recognize that I am dreaming I deeply and completely love and accept myself and will from now on realize that I am dreaming when I am dreaming."
"Not noticing the weirdness in dreams."
"Just going along for the ride."
"Not taking control over my dreams and thoughts."

Results:
I'll tell you guys tomorrow.

Notes:
I am remembering more and more dreams but not just out of memory, I have to use aids like dream keywords and I want to rid myself of this crutch. Also I decided to start working on lucid dreaming rather than trance work because trance has been pretty easy for me thus far and I am very close to being lucid in dreams each night, just not quite there yet. Please comment if you read this, I want to know if I have other people reading this because there is no point of me posting it online if no one is reading it or following it.
Thanks!

fitz
11th April 2007, 06:34 PM
How many dreams did you usually remember a night before starting this?

Flash_hound
11th April 2007, 06:40 PM
Around 3, maybe less.

fitz
14th April 2007, 07:31 AM
This might help people know where to tap http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCAnk-NtLbE

Beekeeper
14th April 2007, 07:52 AM
I've only just come across this post, Flash_hound. I think what you're doing is really interesting and admire the discipline you're applying. You haven't come across as a know-it-all at all, rather someone who is creative, proactive and generous.

I'll come back later and take a good lokk at the links.

Flash_hound
14th April 2007, 09:35 AM
Thank you for your support.

Day 3 Results: Day 3 I managed to get myself out of two dreams, which I believe is a good step towards lucidity. On the other hand I didn't remember as many dreams as usual but I did have longer and more significant dreams.

Flash_hound
15th April 2007, 12:01 AM
Ok, Day 4 time...

Day 4: Lucid Dreaming, Dream Recall, Emotional Issues and Visualization

Phrases

Dream Recall
"Even though dreams contain random fragments and apparently unimportant information I deeply and completely love and accept myself and know that dreams can contain more important information and thus deserve to be shifted to long term memory." (Wow, that's a long one...)

"Not understanding the importance of dreams."
"Thinking that dreams don't contain important info."

"Even though dreams appear to be unnecessary to remember I deeply and completely love and accept myself and will commit them to long term memory."

"Training my brain to commit dreams to long term memory."

Visualization

This occurred after I read the thread about not being able to visualize things, now I'm getting this problem again...

"Even though I can't imagine the images that I want to imagine, I deeply and completely love and accept myself and will now bring my thoughts back under my control."

"Not being able to control my imagination."
"Not being able to imagine the thoughts thats I want to imagine."

Emotional Issue - Doing MAP Behind my Parents Back

"Even though I did MAP behind my parents back, even after they told me not to get involved with astral projection I deeply and completely love and accept myself and know that my parents love me and forgive me."

"Guilt holding me back from projecting."
"Going behind my parents back."
"Guilt not allowing the energy work to work completely."
"Guilt stopping me from doing as well as I could."

Lucid dreaming

"Even though when I'm dreaming it feels like real life I deeply and completely love and accept myself but will no longer let dreams confuse me."

"Recognizing that dreams are not reality."
"Taking control over my dreams."
"Awakening in my dreams."

Results

We'll see tomorrow won't we?

Notes
Hopefully this wasn't too long today. I tried to demonstrate how emotional issues can block your chances at astrally projecting, like in the case of my guilt each time I start to feel exit sensations I pull myself out of it through guilt. Hopefully I'll be able to alleviate this problem over the next few days tapping's. Hope you guys found this useful. Please ask me any questions that may have popped into your head.

fitz
15th April 2007, 04:43 AM
Thank you for taking the time to post this! Helpful!

Flash_hound
15th April 2007, 10:37 PM
No Problem! I enjoy helping people out :D.

Day 4 Results

VERY GOOD. I had great dream recall and could remember 5+ dreams in the morning without writing down any dream keywords during the night. Also I came very close to being lucid in one of the dreams, and in another I referred to real life, which is a step in the right direction. Energy is flowing through me much better than it has been and trance is noticeably easier.

Day 5 Lucid dreaming and Dream Recall

Phrases
Dream Recall

"Even though dreams are hard to remember I deeply and completely love and accept myself and willingly and consciously remember my dreams."

"Difficulty remembering dreams."

Lucid Dreaming

"Even though I don't always notice the inconstancies in dreams I deeply and completely love and accept myself and will train my subconscious mind to notice flaws in dream logic."

"Not noticing flaws in dream logic."

Results
We'll see tomorrow won't we.

Notes
Ok, you're probably getting sick of reading about lucid dreaming and remembering dreams. Well today is my final dream recall day, tomorrow I will start to do tapping related to loosening the energy body. I will continue to do lucid dreaming but I think my dream recall is becoming good enough for now. You may see it pop in from time to time, but for now, as I said, it is finished.

Does this format make sense to you guys?

journyman161
15th April 2007, 10:47 PM
I DL'd the manual last night but personal things arose & didn't get time to read it yet. But I will - it looks interesting & I have a few little things already that I use that use meridians & acupoints, so I have some confidence in the background idea of it.

Thanks for the info.

Flash_hound
16th April 2007, 07:07 PM
Ok guy's, I got 4 hours of sleep yesterday, and although I can remember the remnants of a dream I can't remember much. I am going to go back to bed tonight and see what happens, usually when I have less sleep I get less dream memory. Especially if it was as patchy as my sleep last night.