PDA

View Full Version : What was this?

Wrong Eye
8th April 2007, 02:05 AM
I went on a camping trip when I was 19 with a bunch of other young adults. Even then, I was into the paranormal.

We had played at "elves" from Elfquest for a while during the camping trip. During a meeting out in a field away from the camp and in the dead of night, all 3 of us that had gone saw a large thing streak straight accross the sky and go behind a cloud.

What it looked like was a streak of smoke that glowed rainbow and emitted light; if you've ever seen the Elfquest comics, the Castle glows rainbow.

I'm still not sure what this was. I said it was a UFO, my friend said it was a meteor, and my other friend said it was something else.

I am wondering tonight after reading the "Good UFO websites" thread. I'm not one to research UFOs or even care, but can I get some opinions on this?

journyman161
8th April 2007, 02:14 AM
I'd bet, as you describe it like a streak of smoke, on the meteor. The rainbow effect could be either your eyes giving an afterglow effect from something very bright or from moisture or even dust in the air between you & the object.

Was there a noise? If meteors are close you can hear them - they travel faster than sound & so there's the sonic boom as well as a high-pitched whistling noise.

When in doubt, stick with the mundane - mostly you'll be right.

Wrong Eye
8th April 2007, 02:17 AM
It was completely silent, and seemed to be relatively close to us.

blacktiger057
9th April 2007, 02:02 AM
It's often hard to say whether it was a UFO or not. Couldv'e been a comet. Really it's impossible to tell now. What a UFO looks like has been disputed for many decades now.

Wrong Eye
9th April 2007, 02:11 AM
I would love to believe it was the Castle :D Although I think that's impossible, even though I believe in multiple universes ...