PDA

View Full Version : Music and Meditation

Wrong Eye
8th April 2007, 03:05 AM
I'm currently using a song to connect more to my inner consciousness while looking at a picture of me.

I'm seeming to get a clearer head the more I do it. I'm a little calmer and it helps with a balanced perception.

Do any of you use music for meditative things? Have you ever had an OBE while using music? Does certain music ground you, or have other positive effects?

Do any of you have any techniques I could try?

Beekeeper
8th April 2007, 07:10 AM
Music and meditation tapes can help a lot with relaxation and particular visualisations can lead to all kinds of interesting insights. I've never projected using these methods though.

Wrong Eye
8th April 2007, 07:25 AM
I noticed the more I repeat a song, the more tenous my hold on grounding gets. I think it has to do more with the fact I'm sick and tired of the song than an OBE. :lol:

Beekeeper
8th April 2007, 07:59 AM
the more tenous my hold on grounding gets.

Do you mean you feel floaty or you simply cannot concentrate?

Wrong Eye
8th April 2007, 08:05 AM
Both actually.

P.S. That feeling gets triggered by a lot of things.

Beekeeper
8th April 2007, 09:19 AM
Well, floaty is okay if the aim is to relax but if you are hoping to avoid an OBE (as you stated in another post) and you are trying to ground, you might need to stick to other methods for awhile.

blacktiger057
8th April 2007, 03:42 PM
I only use music and meditation cd's when I'm trying just to relax. I have found that for meditating it is great, but not so for OBE experiences. For me, it interferes with the projection quality and when a tense moment is in the music, it is tense in my astral self. I find this very annoying. It might be different for others though...