PDA

View Full Version : New and pregnancy

Jonestown
8th April 2007, 05:14 AM
Hey I have been doing this a little with my wife... She is pregnant, is it ok to do that when you are pregnant?

Korpo
8th April 2007, 08:16 AM
I'd advise against it, without knowing whether it will be truely risky.

A child growing is completely dependent on the mother in biological terms. I'd guess it not much different in energetical terms.

Taoists believe that in the womb our first cells developed are our future center, the sub-navel storage or Lower Tantien, and that this essence conversion point of Prebirth Qi directly interacts with the nourishment that comes from the mother right from the start. Furthermore in the womb first the left, right and central channels develop, the vessels, and later the meridians and channels also known from acupuncture. I'd personally think that all of this is a very delicate process. Just a thought.

Sometimes in Qigong books I have come over the advice that this or that exercise should not be done by pregnant women, or less. This is rare. Unfortunately so little energy work practitioners inside the traditions of the East have been female and recognised for their work, little was published, it was all rather male-dominated. Furthermore a lot would have been celibate, so I'd think there is comparatively little on the topic, but I do not know.

Take good care,
Oliver

blacktiger057
9th April 2007, 01:21 AM
I think it should help. Robert said that he had sessions for pregnant woman and that all their births were successful. I would advise that you practice NEW w/ yur wife becuz from what RB said it really helps in labor. Besides, it doesn't have any lethal effects on the body and may even strengthen the baby energetically.

Jonestown
9th April 2007, 01:36 AM
I guess the issue is that in RBs book astral dynamics, or was it the NEW Manuel, He speaks of focusing awareness on cancerous parts of the body. I don't know if this would strengthen the body to reject the baby. Thanks for the help..

JOnestown

blacktiger057
9th April 2007, 01:47 AM
Babies are very cancerous. Pregnancy greatly increases cancer rates...lol joking. Hope all goes well! :)

stargazer
16th April 2007, 09:49 AM
I have always been curious about NEW and its effect on pregnancy and labor... I hope more comes to light about this.

Beekeeper
16th April 2007, 10:58 AM
I've often wondered about energy flow and labour myself. I had relatively quick and easy births and I've never really had any serious energy blockages to talk of. I've just wondered if the two things were connected.

Zappy
12th May 2007, 12:50 AM
I believe robert bruce said some where that energy helps healing things and people(I know this to be true for myself anyway). I do not see why it would be a problem, IMO it should help.