PDA

View Full Version : Energy Storage question...

nightserpent
16th September 2005, 04:43 PM
{day 21}

How can I tell if I am doing it right? I get the sense that I have the motion down, sort of a sponging action that sweeps along the described path, but I don't yet have the sense that anything is being stored in the sub navel. Should I? Will it just take some time? I haven't been feeling depleted, as the text suggests. Is that a sign I am not doing it properly? Most of the other tasks leave me with some sort of sensation that tells me something is happening, so I suppose I have come to expect some sort of sign or hint.

I don't know if this is related or purely coincidental, but I have been occasionally feeling a light ticklish pressure on my brow (where some would call the "third eye"). Sometimes when doing tasks, sometimes when going about my daily activity. Does this make sense to anyone?

nightserpent
19th September 2005, 02:55 AM
sorry to be a spamming pest... but can anyone help me with my questions?

nightserpent
19th September 2005, 04:24 PM
I just learned the answer to my secondary question ~ the brow pressure I had been feeling. Today I just started the 4th week, and the text has explained that it is a fairly common occurrence when starting to stimulate that center. I'll consider myself fortunate and lucky that it is happening early (I just started the base center today, I have a way to go before the brow, I assume)... and that it isn't the painful version that some experience.

I am still quite curious about the primary question- how does one know if energy storage sessions are successful... are there any sensations to look for to suggest this?

thanks- Paul

gorillabait
19th September 2005, 04:42 PM
Hi Paul,

I think it comes with time. I'm still not sure whether or not I'm storing energy properly, though I haven't ever made a consistant practice of it. I think that most likely with more experience and practice, sensations will arise that you'll eventually associate with the sub-navel storage being filled.

I'd appreciate other people's input though.

nightserpent
19th September 2005, 06:29 PM
{day 22}

I'm hoping you're right, GB. MAP has me trying each day, so with any luck I will start to feel some evidence. Most of the other tasks leave me with some sort of sensation (like the tingling from brushing, stirring, etc) that communicates I'm doing it right. But, with the energy storage, I don't feel any discernable difference.

Perhaps it just takes longer until I start noticing an effect? The reason I am concerned is that from everything I read, energy storage is vital for the OBE. If I am doing it incorrectly, I want to go back and make sure I have it down solid before I proceed onto other steps.

gorillabait
19th September 2005, 08:30 PM
I think you're probably doing it right; I seem to remember Robert Bruce saying that at first, it was ok to just "dump" the energy in the general vicinity of the sub-navel center, since it was hard to feel at first. The more you do this, the more you'll probably learn to locate it. Of course, if Brian Mercer or Robert Bruce could comment on this, it would be welcome :)

BriMercer
22nd September 2005, 07:43 PM
I guess raising energy doesn't seem as interesting as the other energy work, since there aren't as many noticeable effects as when doing NEW or primary center stimulation, & etc. The most noticeable effect for me has been inadvertent brow center activity, usually in the form of "cob webs".

The only noticeable results I've had when raising energy doesn't come WHILE I'm raising energy but afterward. The vibrations seem to come easier for me after I've done a lot of energy raising work, or the OBEs or lucid dreams I've had as a result have been significantly clearer and easier to remember.

nightserpent
22nd September 2005, 08:39 PM
Of course, if Brian Mercer or Robert Bruce could comment on this, it would be welcome :)

Ask and we shall receive! :D

Thanks Brian, just knowing that there isn't a tell-tale sensation to expect while raising energy is relieving. And, since I have yet to have a LD or OBE, I can't compare the effects. Perhaps the brow pressure I feel is related to the enrgy, though it happens at random times that are seemingly unrelated to the act of energy raising.

micko
4th January 2006, 06:16 PM
I have only just started raising on day 15 and am also wondering if I am doing it right. During the 10 minutes I can sometimes feel that I do a complete circuit, feeling the energy moving all the way. Most times it seems as tho my awarness 'skips' some body parts on the way up or down.
I have noticed that afterward I feel slight pressure in the subnaval area, so thats something right?

BriMercer
4th January 2006, 10:50 PM
It sounds like you're doing everything right. The sensations for the full-body circuit can be a lot more subtle than when you're doing energy bouncing. You might feel a very slight upward current in the arms or legs. Or your face might tingle or itch slightly. Or your heart center might activate. But it is usually not the humming and throbbing you can get when you do the sponging and brushing part of NEW.

I rarely feel any sensation in my subnavel area. But the exercise really does have an affect.

Brian