PDA

View Full Version : Herbs to Enhance Dreaming?

enoch
17th September 2005, 12:10 PM
Hi

After a rummage through google this morning I found that 'Mugwort' is mentioned quite alot regards enhancing dreams.

Does anybody here have any experience with herbs for enhancing dreams..or encouraging lucidity?

Hopefully I'd like to combine some herbs and see what effects it offers.

Cheers

muzza
18th September 2005, 05:57 AM
Hi,

I have no idea about mugwort but believe nutmeg can help with dreams. I can't remember where I read it although I do remember it was a book on lucid dreaming. I must say that after having lots of nutmeg with a meal I do seem to remember dreams more vividly.

Cheers,

Muzza

enoch
19th September 2005, 12:39 PM
Thanks muzza. I like your username, btw. :wink:

I thought I'd post up some results from rummages over the past few days. Hopefully someone may find it useful at some point.

Herbs to enchance dreaming.

nutmeg
mugwort
valerian
b vitamins
morning glory (mildy hallucinogenic - take heed)
beta carotene
melatonin
passion flower (morphine like effects...research before ingesting)

Chris
19th September 2005, 01:14 PM
The reason nutmeg might increase dream lucidity is due to it containing several (psycho)active alkaloids such as myristicin, safrole, and elemicin. Care should be taken with not consuming too much nutmeg as it can cause psychedelic symptoms in certain doses and there has been concerns raised that using high doses of nutmeg might problems with the liver.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/nutmeg/nutmeg.shtml

Also a quick note regarding morning glory - they can be highly psychedelic, the seeds contain lysergic acid amines which are in the same family as LSD. The drawback is that they can cause acute nausea too. Also a lot of the commercially bought seeds have been treated to cause sickness if consumed.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/morning_glory/morning_glory.shtml

muzza
20th September 2005, 05:21 AM
enoch: muzza is more than my username...it is basically my identity! :) It was my nickname given to me very very early ain life and has stuck around. I answer to muzza more than I do my real name!

As for the other herbs you mentioned the only other one I have had experience with is valerian which I was taking to try and help me sleep (damn insomnia) and noticed no increase in dreams at all. If you come across any good results let us know!

Chris: Thanks for the link about nutmeg. There was some interesting reading there. I love my nutmeg but definitely don't have it in the quantities mentioned there! :)

enoch
20th September 2005, 09:12 AM
yeah, thanks for that chris. I grated some nutmeg into a cup of warm milk and honey last night...only a teaspoon...and I had a pretty disturbed night. :lol: I felt as though I'd laid half awake all night. :?

I have some mugwort due tomorrow so I'll let you know how I get on :wink:

BudOnly
11th October 2005, 06:35 PM
i took some melatonin and hit REM as soon as i closed my eyes just about and entered a lucid dream then i willed myself into and obe where i visited the gnostic church and temple of wisdom.....eat about 2 or 3 tablespoons of nutmeg.......quite a trip

laiana
11th October 2005, 06:40 PM
I find 5-htp (which is both a sleep and mood enhancer) gives me crazy dreams.... don't know about lucid dreaming though, since I've never had a lucid dream!

Celeborn
11th October 2005, 07:03 PM
enoch:

After a rummage through google this morning I found that 'Mugwort' is mentioned quite alot regards enhancing dreams.

Thats very interesting. I often work with moxa (for moxibustion, the Traditional Chinese Medicinal tool), and it is made of mugwart.

Truly a versital herb.

Xevious
13th December 2005, 06:22 PM
In terms of diet, there must be some type of vitamins/minerals/herbs that can enhance energy work since it is related to the bioelectrical nature of the body. Has anyone come across supplements that you could obtain in a drug store which could aid it this?

I've heard of something called 'White Powder Gold' which is basically a form containing a super concentration of minerals/metals. You can buy it on the net and other sites actually provide methods of creating it involving a rather complicated process. There's recent research comming to light regarding people obtaining super states of conciousness taking such a substance.

Recommended links:

http://www.graal.co.uk/whitepowdergold.html

http://www.williamhenry.net

It might be good to do some research on this and post lists of items.

Tom
13th December 2005, 06:35 PM
When I want particularly vivid dreams, I'll take caffeine pills right before going to sleep. It keeps the sleep light enough that it borders on waking me up without actually doing it.

Even simpler, there is a Dream Yoga practice involving sleeping in a box that is too small to lay down in. It forces you to sleep sitting up. If you use it for enough days in a row it will keep your sleep light and your dreams more vivid.

enoch
17th December 2005, 12:41 PM
Out of all the herbs and stuff I tried recently...mugwort, wild lettuce, chamomile, nothing worked better for me with regards to enhanced dreams than a supplement called L-glutamine...bought from holland and barrett ..or all good health food shops. There is a reason why it works and it's to do with proteins and brains and neurons and stuff like that....but I can't rem excactly what. :lol: :shock: :wink:

escogido
18th December 2005, 02:40 PM
I've read one of 8 books by author Vladimir Megre - his books are about Anastasia.It is said in the book when you learn dreaming you should start eating daily such food: 1 spoon of Cedar oil or other type of oil like linseed oil (that is 15g quantity),1 spoon of liquid honey(the one that is quite stiff and brown-is the best honey type) and 1 small spoon(5g) of bee farina?,dust?,pollen? don't know how to say it in english.Maybe it's called at your place bee's ambrosia..don't know:) This stuff should be eaten 1 time in the morning and 1 time 3 hours before going to sleep.
Just sharing of what I know.Tomorrow I start using this simple things :)

Sachiel
18th December 2005, 05:08 PM
ROFL after I read the nutmeg thing I ground a bunch of the stuff in my hand and ate it, and it tasted real bitter but now I feel really happy and wierd...

HEHEHE...

Sachiel
19th December 2005, 10:30 PM
Yes, but it was probably jsut placebo, considering I did not remember my dreams.

Brilliant Dreams
19th January 2006, 01:05 AM
Some people have had luck with melatonin and vitamin B6 (you can find in your local health or drugstore).

Here's our product which uses galanthamine, an FDA approved nutrient extracted from the bulb of the red-spider-lily flower; it promotes much more vivid dreaming and dream recall. It tends to be easier to become lucid in very vivid dreams.

http://www.brilliantdreams.com - Brilliant Dreams

Joggerman
17th March 2006, 10:04 AM
Out of all the herbs and stuff I tried recently...mugwort, wild lettuce, chamomile, nothing worked better for me with regards to enhanced dreams than a supplement called L-glutamine...bought from holland and barrett ..or all good health food shops. There is a reason why it works and it's to do with proteins and brains and neurons and stuff like that....but I can't rem excactly what. :lol: :shock: :wink:

Hi Enoch,
What dose of L-Glutamine do you use? One Holland and Barrett tablet is 500mg which they recommend as the daily dose. I am cautious about exceeding this in case it poses a health risk!

enoch
17th March 2006, 02:28 PM
Hi. I did take the 500mg but I don't take it any more. The only reason for this is because - believe it or not (and I know it sounds ridiculous) - but a recent medical study has shown that those who spend their lives downing supplements have a shorter life expectancy. I know - you'd expect it to be t'other way round - but apparently not. I'm holding fire...I have a kid...self preservation and all that! :?

But yeah - 500mg per day is fine! I

CFTraveler
17th March 2006, 02:29 PM
escogido dijo:

you should start eating daily such food: 1 spoon of Cedar oil or other type of oil like linseed oil I think linseed oil is poisonous. They used to use it in oil paints. Have you ever smelled it? :roll: BLEH! I think Flaxseed oil is the nontoxic relative of it. And it still smells horrible!
I think I'd rather eat nutmeg- I like it on most everything-pork chops are my favorite with garlic. But I digress....

escogido
18th March 2006, 10:03 AM
I eat it daily and it only gives energy boost.Great for energy developement :)
And it did not induce any lucid dreams naturally..You have to focus the energy on the brow center - and with this food you eat you get more energy to grab on.Otherwise - no lucid dreaming.
I tried to eat nutmeg but it's way way too disgusting...It's only spice-you use it for food to be more tasty.How are you capable of eating it,I have no understanding :lol: Maybe you eat it alot with food not directly?