PDA

View Full Version : Simplified/Practical Qabala Magic.

Quantitativefool
17th September 2005, 06:19 PM
I have just finished this book it was definately very interesting alot of the experiences you seem to be able to attain seem like they are just occurances on the Astral planes or refering to the Akashic Records. I found it a very enlightening book and its not that 'Ritual' magick stuff either so don't worry about that, it's more of a technique for improving yourself thoughout the book.

Any thoughts? Condemnations? Praises? Do tell.

Best wishes,
-Stu

Ascendant
3rd October 2005, 06:07 PM
This is the one by Ted Andrews?

Quantitativefool
5th October 2005, 02:33 AM
Yes, this is the one by Ted Andrews.

I've recently been having some wonderful experiences with some of the things within this book, mainly just incredible waves of peace and contentment, total trust in God, ect.

Feel free to post any experiences.

-Stu

Ascendant
5th October 2005, 02:41 AM
I can't say that I've ever practiced Qabala, but your post has piqued my interest in the book.

Celeborn
6th October 2005, 05:37 AM
Just curious, but is this book based on Hasidic Jewish practice, the Order of the Golden Dawn, or just general new agey kabbala theory?

I am wondering because I am currently reading a wonderful book called Holy Days: The Life of a Hasidic Family. It is quite a fascinating read, which I highly recomend if you are interested in how kabbalic practice in performed within the traditional Jewish culture, and under the exacting sanctions of the Torah. After having read this book though, it made me feel as if the kabbala is quite unexcesable to those who were not born a Jew. Also, after compairing the theology presented in this book with methodology of the Golden Dawn, I see some vast contradictions. Form a the standpoint of an ideological agruement, it raises some interesting questions.

Quantitativefool
6th October 2005, 08:30 PM
This more or less is 'unbiased' in forms of tradition and such, it covers the basic tree of life principles, but then goes into how to access them, it's not over the many numerological, interpretitative, and 'occult' variants of the Jewish and Order of the Golden Dawn Tradition. So I find it very helpful for those who want to get the general understanding of the Kaballah and also a way to practice parts of it in your life (to touch the sepheroth ect.)

Hope it helps,
-Stu

Celeborn
7th October 2005, 03:44 AM
Thanks! :D

CFTraveler
14th October 2005, 08:14 PM
One book I'm reading is "Becoming Like God" by Michael Berg. It's a very simple, spiritual book- kinda like beginner's Kabbalah. I wouldn't call it new-agey, more like "new thought-y". :wink: