PDA

View Full Version : Is this Kundalini related?

kunwar
11th April 2007, 03:24 PM
Hi,

I am 26 years old and have been meditating in one form or another since the age of 16.

I have been continuously experiencing some wierd stuff for some years now and would like to know if it is kundalini related.

I seem to have a form of social phobia as I get very uncomfortable in these kind of situations. I work in a very big global company but still can't seem to get over this. But the thing is that the sypmtoms of the phobia show up even when I'm at home. A form of cloud/tension builds up behind the navel in a couple of hours of waking up. This 'cloud' spreads all around the body giving rise to tremors and shaking. This tension also builds up in the head and it seems like heavy pressure beneath the skull.
The experience is very uncomfortable.

I do breathing exercises to relieve this pressure. As I do the exercises, it seems like the cloud retracts from all parts of the body and goes into the head - from where it is released out. The feeling after this is very relaxed. Sometimes it even seems blissful.

Can someone help me with this and tell me if this is kundalini related?

thanks,
Kunwar

blacktiger057
11th April 2007, 06:45 PM
It could be a neg feeding off your energy. Or some sort of curse. Does it hurt when you move energy through certain places(assuming that you practice NEW)? Or it could be one of those things that you get rid of it, but it keeps coming back. That's all I can think of, unless there is some sort of medical disorder. Oh, and has any other weird things happened to you aside from the ones mentioned above?

Snowman23
11th April 2007, 09:20 PM
That is one major thing that happened to me after what I suspect to have been some sort of Kundalini arousal.

I suddenly went from being an active kid to an awkward social recluse intellectual type. Over the years I've confronted the social anxiety and have made progress.

kunwar
12th April 2007, 09:19 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the reply.

The only way I can move the cloud/tension is through breathing excercises and it doesn't hurt but makes me very relaxed. As the cloud is focussed and moves upwards to the head, there is a little pain in the head but this turns into utter peace as soon as it leaves the body.

This does not even jst happen once a day but every couple of hours. It seems like I am being forced to carry out periodic system cleanup.

As far as the social phobia is concerned, the work environment also forces me to confront it every day (which is a good thing - as avoidance is unhealthy). Some days are better than the others but sometimes I experience psychological upheavel whether I am with people or alone.

As far as any other expereinces are concerned, I had a terrible pain at the bottom of the spine a week or so ago. The pain was so much that it was difficult to move. A few weeks prior to the pain, I had a dream where someone took a pen and poked it at the bottom of my spine, which caused the same pain. It made me wake up.

Kunwar

Korpo
21st April 2007, 08:01 PM
Hi,
A form of cloud/tension builds up behind the navel in a couple of hours of waking up. This 'cloud' spreads all around the body giving rise to tremors and shaking. This tension also builds up in the head and it seems like heavy pressure beneath the skull.
The experience is very uncomfortable.

I do breathing exercises to relieve this pressure. As I do the exercises, it seems like the cloud retracts from all parts of the body and goes into the head - from where it is released out. The feeling after this is very relaxed. Sometimes it even seems blissful.

I do not know about Kundalini, but your experience seems to start out in the region known as Lower Tantien, the storage of energy for the physical body. There could be manifold reasons for something happening there, so...

What meditative practises do you follow?
Do you ground?
Has meditation helped you deal with emotions, phobia and trauma?

Take good care,
Oliver

Tempestinateapot
21st April 2007, 10:36 PM
Is this cloud something you can see, or is it a feeling? Does this happen while in meditation or daydreaming, or spontaneously while you are awake?

As I do the exercises, it seems like the cloud retracts from all parts of the body and goes into the head - from where it is released out. The feeling after this is very relaxed. Sometimes it even seems blissful. You call this a symptom of a phobia, but it sounds more like an out of body experience. Add the tremors and the shaking, and it sounds even more like it. With years of meditation, you have been developing your energy body skills without actually trying. Any time you do altered state work, your energy body develops along with it. Which makes a spontaneous OBE exit more likely. What you call tremors and shaking is what most people call "vibrations", which are an OBE exit symptom.

One of my son's has been dealing with anxiety attacks for years, and the way he describes it, he and I both came to the conclusion that he was having spontaneous out of body experiences. BTW, people can develop phobias at any age. My dad developed a huge one in his 50's that had never bothered him before.

Negs and curses? Can we please stop suggesting that every time a person posts with something they don't understand? There are hundreds of symptoms that explain strange experiences that are completely normal and have nothing to do with anything negative. Seriously, you're scaring someone with absolutely no basis for what you are saying.

Pain at the base of the spine could be a Kundalini related event. Sometimes, K can actually hurt.

journyman161
21st April 2007, 11:36 PM
I'd try a couple of things. First, note whether the tremors & shaking is actually a body thing or if it is internal. If it is your body shaking, I'd look for a reliable chiropractor who practices kinesiology & get checked over - it could be something out in your spine.

But if it isn't, then I think maybe TiaTP is right & you're having exit symptoms. In that case, I'd try just letting it run. Try to relax & see what comes of it. The fact that breathing alleviates the symptoms is, to me, indicative of it being to do with your beingness rather than anything wrong.

And not diagnosing anything but it's possible your 'phobia' is related to a feeling that now, you're 'different' & so don't want to be around 'normal' people. (as if there is such a things *grins*)

Have a read of the tutorials here (http://astraldynamics.com/tutorials/) and maybe get hold of one or more of Robert Bruce's books & have a read. If you can't afford them, maybe your library has copies.

operasinger
22nd April 2007, 10:43 PM
I don't know if this helps you but, at the base of spine, I have felt pain since first pre-Kundalini event happened, also I have felt alot of deep anger (that was for 2 days) and like invisible chains dropping from my shoulders and a white lightning of energy going from top of the head (crown chakra) to base of spine (root chakra), really like a lightning. So, I hope this helps you somehow.... 8)
This all happened during last few days. I started doing hatha/ astanga-yoga and meditation since beginning of January. I have tried also NEW....

cheers... 8) operasinger

kunwar
23rd April 2007, 01:58 PM
Hi Oliver,

I do 'OM' meditation - which involves extending the word for as long as possible. After each time I say it, it takes a min or so to settle down when I feel the "cloud" retracting and moving upwards to the head.

The meditation has helped me with my emotions and phobia. I have calmed down a lot over the last few years but the change is of course slow. All the work is far from over.

I have never heard of grounding before, so don't know what you mean.
Can you tell me more pls?

Hi Tempestinateapot (sorry don't know how else to call you),

The "cloud" is not something I see but a feeling. You can also call it a disturbance. The feeling is something like this. Every couple of hours, there is a disturbance near the navel. This spreads around the body, especially in the hands and legs, leading to tremors/shaking. Together with this, my hearbeat starts to race, the breathing becomes shallow and heavy ( i might even start sweating). At first I thought this was social phobia/anxiety attack as it happened when I was with a few people. However, this happens even when I'm at home with my family or completely alone. It seems to go in a cycle peaking every 3 hours or so.
As for OBE, I don't actually feel going out of my body. I will look into the energy body you are talking about.

Thanks for the link Journyman.

And thanks to everyone for being so helpful!

Kunwar

Kunwar

Korpo
23rd April 2007, 02:13 PM
Hello, Kunwar.

Please be aware I know little of what you do.

To me it seems like energy collects at your Lower Tantien, the sub-navel energy storage, and then "flares off".

The life force Qi is closely associated with breath, and can have a fairly "airy" feeling. It seems to me - and this is speculation! - that it collects in your Tantien and then expands when the Tantien overflows. Since the Tantien is the connected to all the body's energy lines, this could extend everywhere within your energy body. The primary channels so important for your physical health terminate BTW in your arms/fingers and legs/toes.

I have read some posts of members around here who can make the Tantien "pulsate", which causes the Qi to extend everywhere into the body from the Tantien, maybe I can dig up sth.

Another question: Is the origin below the navel near the surface or more deeply within the body, approximate at the center?

Be aware that Tempest's explanation is also a good one.

Grounding is the practise to maintain a connection with Earth in order to stabilise the energy system, like a lightning rod.

I personally practise it like this: I drop my energy by leading it with my awareness (you can learn these skills with NEW on this site) down into the ground below my feet - this is my grounding technique, there are others.

Drawing all the energy from top of head and all the body down to the ground could help - could, not will! ;) - stabilsing your energy system in order to accomodate and adjust to the "jolts" your are experiencing, as this can have a stabilising and strengthening effect on the energy circuits, IMO.

Where did your technique come from?

Take good care,
Oliver

kunwar
24th April 2007, 08:00 PM
Hi Oliver,

Actually the origin is deep in the body but in the general area of the navel. Once or twice over the past several years, I have felt the energy going back to the source (which felt like a singularity) from different parts of the body. I am saying this because in the reverse motion, I was more aware of the source of this energy - which felt like midway between the navel and the back.

The 'OM' meditation is an ancient Indian way of meditating and I learned it from my Granddad.

Thanks for the explanation on Grounding. I will try it out - seems interesting. But tell me, do I have to do this bare feet and on grass or something like that?

Kunwar

Korpo
25th April 2007, 10:09 PM
Actually the origin is deep in the body but in the general area of the navel. Once or twice over the past several years, I have felt the energy going back to the source (which felt like a singularity) from different parts of the body. I am saying this because in the reverse motion, I was more aware of the source of this energy - which felt like midway between the navel and the back.

This is described often as the Real Lower Tantien, a place of storage and conversion of energy. Many techniques try to send energy there. In many people it has only a certain capacity - if you practise an "ungrounded" energy storage practise that creates and stores more and more energy there, it will "strobe off" sooner or later.

I.e., the Real Lower Tantien, which is capable of long-term storage, will eject the extra energy (because for example another source of energy in the body, as the natural Essence -> Energy conversion in the kidneys) in a burst, and since the Tantien is connected to any place in the body, this will rush to all the places in the body throughout the energy circuitry. One place where energy can vent off if too many has collected in the system is the top of the head, the crown or Bai Hui.

What I think could possibly cause the tremors is the strain this ejection of energy, this burst, causes on your "un-trained" energy system. If the energy phenomenon stayed of the same size this could lead to a training effect and abate, but usually grounding is a better practise.

Now I get speculative - Aum or Om is a sound connected to the Sacred and therefore to the Heavens above. If you balance this with Earth energy as violetsky suggested this could quite possibly balance the energies within you and convert the somewhat violent phenomenon to a more neutral one without side effects.

When this does not help I'd recommend stopping the practise alltogether, as it seems to induce overload conditions in your energy system, and go find a teacher qualified in safe mantra meditation.

Take good care,
Oliver

kunwar
27th April 2007, 07:37 PM
Many thanks Oliver. You have given me a lot to research!

Rgrds,
Kunwar

MisterMeow1334
2nd May 2007, 03:25 AM
It could be simply that you are very sensetive to others energies, negative or positive. I cannot stand to be around negative people, and I have been like that since a child.

I never thought much of it, but even as a child, I can feel when a negative person, or person with negative entities and energy enters or leaves the house.

iadnon
5th June 2007, 02:37 PM
It's curious you had the same phobias I started to experience when I put in practice some taoist yoga's exercises.

The more effort, the more energy in the MCO... the more strange I felt. I was walking outdoors and everything seemed strange, aggressive. I felt light, as if I were to vanish or to loose consciousness.

I deduced it was because of a kind of an "adapting-time". For sure my physical body, while digesting the energy, provoked some kind of mind instability. It's as when you go on a cleansing diet and you end up lightly intoxicated due to the elimination of waste.

Last day I did a really intense MCO session. You know, much energy ascending from muladara, up to the skull and down to the navel. I end it up quite equilibrated, I think; but when I went outdoors the city seemed rampant to me. I was in a weird state, as if I was weak, both mentally and physically, and I also felt attacked by the surronding, with a great desire to get home.

And, as soon as I get home, the phobia disappears...

The solution? Laugh. Once I've isolated where it comes from I stimulate my heart chakra, and I laugh while I enjoy the feeling of love.

:D

iadnon
5th June 2007, 02:54 PM
It could be simply that you are very sensetive to others energies, negative or positive. I cannot stand to be around negative people, and I have been like that since a child.

I thought that same thing. In fact, there's too much energy in a city. If you suddenly get more sensitive to the surroundings, that big cloud could really affect you in a negative way.

I'm going to move to a tiny town close to the sea. I'll go on checking it, so if I can deduce some information about it (big-little urban nucleus).

iadnon
5th June 2007, 02:57 PM
In many people it has only a certain capacity - if you practise an "ungrounded" energy storage practise that creates and stores more and more energy there, it will "strobe off" sooner or later.

Oliver

I thought it was infinite, and it could deal with any amount of energy.

I don't really know if they're the same (navel chakra and lower tan tien), but when I feel stressed and with abdominal pressure, I imagine it gets drained, and the energy-water flows downward to muladara, just to be ascended again in a MCO. It works. The abdomen relaxes again.

Korpo
5th June 2007, 06:29 PM
The Taoists seem to have found there is one energy center at the navel (the "False Lower Tantien") and one at the absolute center of the body (the "Real Lower Tantien" directly on the center line from crown center to perineum).

The first strobes energy off when it reaches capacity. It regulates the energy on the Small Circulation (up back, down front) and optimises energy flow there. The second is the storage of energy for your physical body.

IIRC, I was referring to the first.

Oliver

Aunt Clair
17th June 2007, 08:35 AM
The Taoists seem to have found there is one energy center at the navel (the "False Lower Tantien") and one at the absolute center of the body (the "Real Lower Tantien" directly on the center line from crown center to perineum).

The first strobes energy off when it reaches capacity. It regulates the energy on the Small Circulation (up back, down front) and optimises energy flow there. The second is the storage of energy for your physical body.

IIRC, I was referring to the first.

Oliver

I am confident that the false tan tien is not false but latent and empty on the majority of humans . The centre percieved at the front flows to the stones behind the front spinal tan tiens waiting to build up in light quotient to fully manifest . There are tan tiens that manifest behind each one but off centre to facilitate such flow from front through the chakras to teh back stones . The rear stones are the first of 4 pillars of stones to manifest surrounding the chakra embedded stones on the spine .

http://ca.msnusers.com/_Secure/0UQAAAHsYgeZNzvIVXhTXS7G*dwXExM1FfOPkiSqe2FwuIIhHV BKtv*0CBM!Jv5fps3r513faf1njK6woSS1uEUPYSWIwQsk*t05 s72jTJluz8rsg2mu7frJuCg!RdNDt/2%20monk%20pose.jpg

Mishell
17th June 2007, 05:02 PM
kunwar

I do not know about tan teins like others who have posted here, but I can tell you about chakras. The solar plexus is in the area of the navel. If you feel a clouiness in this area it means you are probably expreincing fears related to control (loss of control, not being able to control the bombardment of other people's energy, etc.). Anxiety attacts are also a manifestation of control issues. I worked for a very large company for a while and started having anxiety attacks everday because I was feeling everybody else's energy.

Grounding really helped me. I would open my crown chakra and send a brown color (I imagined the color of tree bark or soil) through my body all the way to the core of the Earth. While I worked for this company I had to do this about every 30 minutes or so.

Another thing to keep in mind when doing energy work, especially for people who are more sensitive, is to close your chakras after meditation.
Something else that might help you so that the cloudy feeling does not move up to your head while you are releasing it is to breathe in a white light and as you exhale imagine that the cloudy feeling is coming out through your navel. I always picture it as a fuzzy T.V. reception (like when you are between chanels). It helps me to have something to visualize.

Hope you can use this information. Feel better.

Korpo
17th June 2007, 05:21 PM
I am confident that the false tan tien is not false but latent and empty on the majority of humans .

I am just referring to the name from the book. The three Tantiens cited in literature are on the center line of the body, the center perceived closer to the navel is somehow regulating energy flow between actual Tantien (or Real Lower Tantien) and at least the Conception Vessel.

False is not meant as "fake", but not the same as a Tantien. I do not understand your following sentences enough to see if this is what you meant, or what you tried to say precisely.

Oliver

Aunt Clair
18th June 2007, 07:39 AM
I am confident that the false tan tien is not false but latent and empty on the majority of humans .

I am just referring to the name from the book. The three Tantiens cited in literature are on the center line of the body, the center perceived closer to the navel is somehow regulating energy flow between actual Tantien (or Real Lower Tantien) and at least the Conception Vessel.

False is not meant as "fake", but not the same as a Tantien. I do not understand your following sentences enough to see if this is what you meant, or what you tried to say precisely.

Oliver

You know so much more about Taoist Alchemy than me Korpo , so please correct me if I am wrong . I have read of this false tan tien elsewhere and I think that it is percieved to be a energy storage centre and then found to
be empty and thus is named false . I feel that it is not false but the front door to the back tan tiens . The rear tan tiens are at an angle so that their own doors come in the spaces between where two stones come together . That is even when the stones are fully engorged and become swollen in girth , the entrances to the rear stones are not occluded . The core of each stone is its front door . On the moon stone or female tan tien it is the nose . The entrance to the purple stone is thru the brow centre out the table of God and into the centre of the purple stone above and behind the moon stone .
If we walk down the body it seems that the chakras become the doors to the rear and side stones . I do not know enough about the side stones yet . I know what colours these are and that the Astral Double projects from the right side front as sapphire male and the left rear as rose female , But not much more, yet .

So looking at the spine and rear stones only ;

PROJECTS...... REAR ..SPINE ............DOOR.........CHAKRA
Aprentice........---------Chartreuse.....Above Crown ...Violet
Universal Mind..Purple ......................Brow ..............Indigo
Guardian Angel--------Platinum Blue...Nose ..............Blue
?.....................Aqua........................ .Throat ............Green
Higher Self .....---------Yellow..............Heart..............Yellow
Lower Self........Amber...................False Tan Tien......Orange
Guardian Demon-------Salmon Red.....Navel...............Red
?......................Rose....................... .Perineum .........Rose

There appears no physical opening where the false tan tien exists . Yet the energy is percieved there to be a storage centre which seems to lead to nothing . That is because that storage centre is secondary and does not manifest until later . But the door is ready .

Korpo
18th June 2007, 08:07 AM
Hello, Aunt Clair.

My knowledge about Internal Alchemy is laughably little.

I do not use clairvoyance for exploring my energy body because I have not developed it very much yet, but what you could call "clair-touch" - the body and mind awareness that allows to perceive all within the energy bodies just like the sense of touch, like feeling something, like resonating with it.

My personal perception about the Lower Tantien is that there is a big center just in front of the spine - I think that is referred to in literature as "Real Lower Tantien". This seems to me identical to what has been termed "sea of Qi" or "cauldron" in literature, because it is center that converts and transmutes energy. It is below navel and on the centerline of the body.

I also perceived a smaller center at the front of my body at navel height. I have reason to believe this is sth more like a chakra, though I cannot be sure. It is documented I believe in Robert's diagrams in his new book, but I just had the possibility to take a glance yet. This center is smaller and I perceived it less clearly as the Dantien itself, and I believe the Chinese call it "False Lower Dantien" for no other reason it is so easily confused with the "Real" one and also acts as a regulation chakra for the Dantien. I have read this "organ" will strobe off if charged too much, and I take that as a hint it might be a chakra.

My grip on these phenomena is still shaky, and I cannot make as accurate observations as you as I am still in the beginning of learning this. I also see we use different senses to perceive this, which makes it hard to compare notes. I can for example not really say much about colors. :)

Thanks for the info,
Oliver

iadnon
18th June 2007, 08:23 AM
I've just recalled something I wanted to ask you two.

Visualizing the body side face, where are the dan tiens exactly located? In the front or rear part? And what's their size? Bigger or smaller than chakras?

In some texts I've read that for every chakra (in the front part of the body) there's a complementary one in the rear part. So, if there's on in the navel we'll find another one behind it, located in the spine. And that happens, supposedly, for the navel, solar plexus, heart, throat and third eye ones. Is this right? Should be there a complementary one for each dan tien?

Thanks!

Korpo
18th June 2007, 09:51 AM
I have read, and think I have verified this by feeling within myself, that the Tantiens (or at least their centers) lie on the absolute center line of the body, from crown to perineum.

I have also found energetic centers in front of them (roughly), and I have found energetic centers in my back spine.

Since the exact locations do not matter so much in my energy work I have not mapped them out, though.

Oliver

iadnon
18th June 2007, 10:25 AM
What a coincidence. This weekend I practiced with the tan tiens and I found them in the exact center of the vertical line, as you explain.

Anyway, in taoism and in NEW system, it's said that the lower tan tien is some inches below and inside the belly button, and a fist size.

Korpo
18th June 2007, 11:12 AM
Actually what I read goes a bit further - actually there is a big energy channel connecting crown, the three Tantiens and perineum (amongst other things) called the Central Channel. I work it in my Qigong, and it is the central energy line of the body, accompanied by two smaller, parallel energy lines left and right of it that regulate amongst other things the limbs.

It is said the Central channel connects into the spine at intervals, and of course the Tantien are also branching points of many energy lines. Also the Crown (in Chinese the "meeting of a hundred lines") and the Perineum. The Center Channel is said to develop first when being conceived along with at least the Lower Tantien and the whole being is built around it.

These three major energy lines are known less because they are not manipulated in acupuncture like the 12 channels and two prominent vessels. Only internal energy work can directly influence then, and this has been a guarded secret for a very long time.

I have seen many diagrams BTW that portray the Dantien on the Conception vessel and at or minimally below the navel, even in documents describing the Small Circulation/MCO. There more documents one reads, the clearer it is not all can stem from the same "knowledge base". :)

Oliver

iadnon
18th June 2007, 11:38 AM
I guest you're talking about susuma, ida and pingala. They're well documented in Pranayama books, the ancient art of breathing in yoga.

Susuma is the main channel, the hollow tube (as Mayan said), the middle pillar in cabalah. Kundlini ascend through susuma, from muladara, where she sleeps, towards sahasrara.

During breathing the energy flows through the two nadis, ida and pingala, exclusively (the duality occurs, then). When breathing stops the energy starts to flow through susuma (and yin and yang merge). That's why the key in pranayama is kumbaka, or air containment.

A yoga exercise consists in:

1.Doing the fire breathing, in order to fill the body with energy (short takes-in in a rapid fashion).

2.Applying kumbaka in any other respiratory technique, while meditating in muladara in order to "provoke" (that's the term they use) kundalini.

Korpo
18th June 2007, 11:40 AM
But doesn't Kundalini ascend along the spine (the "Thrusting Vessel"), not the Central Channel? :?:

Oliver

iadnon
18th June 2007, 11:53 AM
That's a good question.

I suppose you put the central channel in the physical central part of your body, the vertical.

But in yoga, Susuma (even if it's drawn straight and in the center) establishes its path in the spine, and the two minor nadis get coiled around it (Hermes' caduceus).

Maybe the central channel is the reflection of the orbit's equilibrium. I mean, if the energy does the path described in MCO, then something must occur in the middle, as it happens when physical forces do a cycle. But that's a theory.

That's why I miss some inner vision... That way it would be easier to understand this things...

I've found this example images:

http://www.shamballaschool.org/Agni/images/Tech%20Fusion.jpg

http://www.deanramsden.com/IMAGES/sidechakra.jpg

iadnon
18th June 2007, 12:04 PM
Look at this, too:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... plindex=12 (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6037965755705629292&q=nadis+chakra&total=465&start=0&num=50&so=0&type=search&plindex=12)

Korpo
18th June 2007, 12:10 PM
No, I was told that the Central Channel does not run inside the spine, but the spine and the Central Channel are in heavy interaction. It is the exact center axis of your body, and within my vague own experience it can be felt, too.

Oliver

iadnon
18th June 2007, 12:19 PM
When I practiced the Middle Pillar Exercise, it is used the central channel, not the spine. It is the cabalistic approach. The yoga, by the contrary, fix the eye in the spine.

I've tested both, and I just feel the spine's one. But that's my experience.

Korpo
19th June 2007, 04:31 AM
Robert's new book has sth on this - he describes the three pillars - big central and two side ones - from Qaballah as the same as Sushumna, Ida and Pingala in a short section. He also says it runs up in the center of the body.

From his description I get this is the same as the Center Channel, the Left Channel and the Right Channel from Chinese sources. All these three I use regularly in my energy work, and the spine is sth different.

Oliver

Korpo
19th June 2007, 08:41 AM
Sorry, have to correct myself there - after reading the chapter about the energy body Robert's info seems to strongly indicate that Middle Pillar, Shushuma shakti and Central Channel are one and the same.

But Ida and Pingala seem not to be the Left and Right Channels, as these go down in a vertical line as well, while Ida and Pingala wind around the central channel.

Sorry, andonitxo, but I do not watch web video because I often either not have the right player installed on the right computer (I am posting from 3 locations with different operating systems) and I prefer pictures and text. :)

Be well,
Oliver

iadnon
19th June 2007, 10:00 AM
Oliver:

I imagined that they all had to coincide. In fact, there are a lot of similarities in between different systems.

Anyway, I don't really know if Ida and Pingala are coiled around the spine. In some systems that's said, but in others they seem to go parallel to Susuma.

As always, we do need the help of the inner vision.

By the way, what's that book you're reading about Bruce?

Korpo
19th June 2007, 10:25 AM
Robert Bruce's newest - "Energy Work". Hot off the press. Cool stuff! :D

Oliver

iadnon
19th June 2007, 10:41 AM
I bought his book on astral projection, and I liked it a lot. But, the schedule proposed was quite hard to follow.

The new book on energy is free, too? I got one pdf from his site time ago.

Korpo
19th June 2007, 10:58 AM
No, it's a smaller one than MAP, but it is a book and contains a lot of info - from his studies, from his on-site materials, from his research. I have already found references to Indian, Chinese, Bardon/Hermetic and Robert's own material in it - surely a good approach.

Robert has written a book on Psychic Self-Defense, AD, MAP and now "EW". ;) Each has been very worthwhile reads, because Robert has a unique writing style, is good at evaluating different approaches, and started out from his own body of work which gives him a leg to stand on without tying himself to any tradition.

I know what you mean about MAP - the 90 day format suited me not well either, but the ideas Robert uses have been my starting point in researching more about energy work, Taoism, meditation, spirituality, etc. He incorporates so many things in his approach I just followed the pointers he gave and took my time. In the end it is paying off.

Be well,
Oliver