PDA

View Full Version : Using The Brainwave generator half way through the program?

Flash_hound
11th April 2007, 11:25 PM
How should I go about doing this?

hasalameth
11th April 2007, 11:46 PM
You mean you haven't used it in part one and now you want to use it for part two? Or what do you mean, are you wondering *how* to use the cd? I think the directions in the book are pretty clear, listen to the week's preset and do what goes with the description of that preset. Good luck

Flash_hound
12th April 2007, 12:03 AM
I mean I am on week 5. Should I start with week 5's presets or with week 1's? I haven't done it thus far.

hasalameth
12th April 2007, 12:08 AM
I guess you should do week 5's, because they are connected with week 5's exercises, right? listening to week one's presets and doing the week 5 exercises makes no sense imo. What do others think?

Flash_hound
12th April 2007, 12:09 AM
That's what I thought but I was just checking.

CFTraveler
12th April 2007, 01:25 AM
If I remember correctly, the exercises are progressive, so on week 5 you're doing week one+2+3 , etc. and the presets are also progressive, so you shouldn't use the week 5 presets without having done week 1, etc. Look at their 'subtitles' some are for lucid dreaming, some are for 'mind taming', etc. and stay on week 5 exercise-wise, but start with the preset on the right order, and if there's 2 weeks on the same subtitle then skip one of them, to get you caught up.
That's what I would do. And remember, you don't have to listen to the presets every day, they're optional, but I think when you're starting once a week would be a good amount. But if you listen to my advice you can get caught up in 5 days, no harm no foul, since you don't have to listen to them for long anyway.
Anyway, that's what I think.

Flash_hound
12th April 2007, 06:31 PM
Thanks CFTraveler, today I just did week 1 for about 15 minutes. I have a question though. You can turn on the flashing on your monitor. Should I do that? Or not? Thanks. :D

CFTraveler
12th April 2007, 09:06 PM
I never did, but it's your call.

Flash_hound
12th April 2007, 09:09 PM
Do you think it would help at all? I have no idea how to do it, just turn it on and close my eyes?

journyman161
12th April 2007, 10:58 PM
Yes. the flashing adds to the effect by engaging visual parts of the brain as well. You close your eyes to help the effect as, when your eyes are open & receiving data, a big chunk of the brain's processing is engaged in sorting things out.

The sound works by offsetting two different frequencies so the stereo effect causes your brain to start 'mixing' them in a way that it follows the difference between the 2 frequencies. ie. a tone of 40Hz in the left ear & one of 45Hz in the right ear will cause the brain to start resonating or 'entraining' at 5Hz. You can't actually 'hear' 5Hz (although if it is loud enough you can feel it) so this offset process allows the brain to be engaged at frequencies for lower Beta, Alpha, Theta & Delta states.

But the eyes act as a unit - the visual cortex will automatically accept input from the 2 sources as a single input - you have to actually try to separate them - so the screen will flash at the required frequency (eg. 5Hz)

CFTraveler
12th April 2007, 11:03 PM
The BWGen I have only adds visuals to those goggles that have led's in them. Did they come up with a new one that makes your screen flicker?
I wouldn't use it, because sitting in front of my comp. isn't my idea of comfy, and I put the laptop on the side with the earphones when I use it (which isn't very often, I haven't used mine in prob. + than 4 months.)
But whatever. Just make sure you're not epileptic. Strobing lights can send an epileptic into a seizure.

journyman161
12th April 2007, 11:08 PM
I'd have to check but memory says the strobe/epilepsy link is around 30Hz; that's rather high beta mode & that's not a particularly useful frequency for brainwave entrainment.

I've got the glasses with LED's (see Roll Your Own Holosync (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=6534) but didn't know BWGEN would talk to them. I did some careful checking before I bought the mindmachine system. I'm still learning new ways to use the technology - or rather, ways to get new effects from it. the most recent I found was a way to bring out the Hum of the Universe that I hear but that is sometimes difficult to focus on.