PDA

View Full Version : Ouch, that hurt - Day 8

drfrog
18th September 2005, 12:10 PM
So, I've just done day 8 with the energy work on each hand. And it hurt. I had very strong painful sensations with my right hand, and on both hands the fingers (little ones especially) wanted to curl up.

More than that, I moved my left forefinger over seperate fingers (about 1 cm away) and I can only describe it as mild electric shock running down each finger (seperatly) to the wrist. :?

I didn't have these strong feelings when working with my feet and legs during the first week.

I'm enjoying working through MAP, and I look forward to exchanging experiences and stories with other Map'ers. :D

~ Al

gorillabait
18th September 2005, 02:38 PM
Hey froggie Al,

The pain probably means that you have blockages (physical or energetic, though I'm not sure there's such a difference) in your hand. I can give you some suggestions to help clear those out while minimizing the pain.

First, I would do some serious relaxation meditation on your hand. One way is to clench your hand, trying to get all the different muscles in it, for maybe 10 seconds, tight but not enough to hurt. Then to release every muscle in the hand, and really feel the relaxation throughout.

Another way is to concentrate your breathing on the hand as follows. On the in-breath, feel the air going into your hand, feel like you're breathing into your hand. Feel it filling your hand up, gently though. On the out breath, feel the air exiting your hand, leaving it empty. Throughout the whole thing keep in mind a desire to relax your hand. I've found this to work well for me, especially on the out-breath for relaxation.

Also, try using your other hand to touch the hand which seems to hurt while doing NEW. Do the same exercises mentally, but use your other hand to actually create the motions, such as brushing, swirling and all those.

Let me know if any of these work.

nightserpent
18th September 2005, 08:34 PM
I've been feeling more of a warm-hot feeling in my hands. I think it is more of a sensation than anything, as I placed my "hot" hand on my face and couldn't detect anything out of the ordinary.

Feeling the pain must have caused some concern... and maybe even discouragement, I'm sure! The text does mention it as not being all that rare. Hopefully GorillaBait's techniques will help work out the blockages.

drfrog
18th September 2005, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the suggestion guys. I'll try them out for the following days work.

I wouldn't say I was discouraged by the pain, but more curious and excited that I was making progress. It gave me encouragement knowing that it'll calm down when the blockages are cleared.

I'm totally excited about learning NEW and Astral Projection. I had an oob experience a few years ago. It only lasted for - I don't know - less than a minuite, but it sure got my attention.

In that oob, when I moved my body (oob body I think) it sounded or felt like a motor, and the faster I moved the more faster it drummed. Not that I moved faaassst.

I found at first that I didn't know how to move, then it dawned on me that I had to somehow will with intent myself to a certain place. I could hear my kids playing downstairs and I glided to the bedroom door to go see them. But before going downstairs I decided I wanted to see my friend across the street, so I moved backwards and out of the window...

... Then pause, 'click', and a found myself back in bed.

Over. But never forgoten.

I've also had numerous flying dreams (seeming conscious of jumping, flying, attempting to fly and glide, gravity -heehee etc...). When I awake I can feel the sensations of flying. Even thinking about it now, I can easily recall these feelings and think: So Possible. But then I get surprised when I ask my wife and friends if they've had flying dreams and they say 'no'.

Anyway: gone off topic due to excitement about talking to people who are interested and experienced in these matters :D :D