PDA

View Full Version : energy work for beautiful appearance

lightworker
14th April 2007, 03:26 AM
so you guys know how to apply mr robert bruce energy work for a beautiful face? anyone tried it?

I know it is kind of superficial that I talk about appearance but it is possible right? :shock:

Tom
14th April 2007, 03:45 AM
Have you seen the threads on the 5 Rites or 5 Tibetans? There is no proof that the exercises really are Tibetan in origin, but the important thing is that they work. Anyone nearing age 25 or over 25 should do the exercises daily. I say "should" because I'm 32 and I'm only just thinking about it still.

http://www.mkprojects.com/pf_TibetanRites.htm

The suggestion to start at 3 of each and to build up slowly is not about how easily you can physically do the exercises. The suggestion about coordinating the movements with your breathing is meant seriously, too. I'm only saying that because I disregarded both.

The reason why I'm suggesting them is because the exercises are said to reverse aging, even dramatically. One of the ways to speed up the process that I read is to change the way you move and to speak with a stronger, deeper voice. Talk, walk, and in general move the way you would if you were 25 again.

Flash_hound
14th April 2007, 04:20 AM
I think he is saying, is there energy work that will make you more physically attractive?

Zak
14th April 2007, 04:38 AM
Intention is key. With NEW you can put the intntion of having a beautiful face right into the energy ball or whatever you are using to stimulate energy.

Focus on what you want not what you don't want. This is a long term thing and you can change your bone structure over time.

What I do is an exercise from Initiation into hermetics where you wash your face every morning with a cloth soaked with COLD water. You imbue the cloth with a quality like a "youthfulness and beauty". As you wash your face with the cold water and transfer these characteristics into your fce while intensley imagining it happening you also imagine negative characteristics being removed from your face. "signs of aging and blemishes" are tranfered into the COLD WATER (key). Rinse the cloth out very well so the contaminated water goes down the drain and is absorbed by the Earth or the town water purifying thing.

The cold water is very magnetic and can hold these negative properties. That is why one puts a cold cloth on the forehand during a fever to pull out the sickness.

If you are sick a cold shower combined with intensley imagining the dis-ease leaving your body and going into the water can be very beneficial. Just don't stay in the cold too long as can make you sicker. (I found this out the hard way) On the physical level what this does is open up all the capilaries under the skin that are roughly only one blood cell or more thick. This allows the oxygen to make it to more cells and rejuvenates the skin on your face or body.

Beekeeper
14th April 2007, 08:33 AM
Lightworker, you had your photo up for awhile and you were already beautiful.

Patti Conklin would say that whatever message you give your body is the reality it will manifest.

Korpo
14th April 2007, 09:44 AM
Doing regular energy work has helped my face as well. Pores cleaning up and former "acne hotspots" vanishing are byproducts of the cleaning up of the skin layers. Some energy work systems support this more directly, as they allow work on certain spots (I think you could adapt NEW's Etheric Wrap to clean up blockages in your face and skin, like wrapping the head, etc.), others not so much as Microcosmic Orbit/Small Circulation, which lets energy overflow from the main lines and does no direct blockage work.

A tip I have often read in many Qigong manuals is that at the end of the session you should rub your face with your hands for a youthening effect.

Oliver

feileacan
14th April 2007, 12:44 PM
or try oil of olaz.... :D lol

love and light,
feileacan

hasalameth
14th April 2007, 02:04 PM
Ok this post should be regarded as a joke, since I really don't believe energywork can make you tan lol.

This week I've been indoors a lot, because of a cold. During meditation and energywork, I've noticed that I can feel the energy in a much strogner way, not meaning new blockages or that I've been raising "more" or "stronger" energy, only that I somehow have become even more sensitive to and aware of the movements, and can sometimes even get joyfully drowsy and cuddly in the movements.

Anyhow, so the other morning I woke up and looked at my arm, and I noticed, damn, I've gotten tannier! I walked up to the mirror, carefully scanned my body, and I actually came to the conclusion that, yes, I have in fact gotten tannier, and I haven't been outdoors at all, if so, I have been out during nighttime (yes nocturnal life kicks in around this time of the year) and wearing clothing on all my body.

So. My humorous conclusion is - Energy work might get you tanny. :lol:

Korpo
14th April 2007, 02:17 PM
Have you seen the threads on the 5 Rites or 5 Tibetans? There is no proof that the exercises really are Tibetan in origin, but the important thing is that they work. Anyone nearing age 25 or over 25 should do the exercises daily. I say "should" because I'm 32 and I'm only just thinking about it still.

So how do you know they are beneficial? ;)

I mean, you do not practise them...

Oliver

Tom
14th April 2007, 10:20 PM
High blood pressure runs in my family. My doctor freaked out on me when I scored a 170/100 with a pulse of 92. That was a resting blood pressure, as in, after sitting down for at least 15 minutes in the exam room. He said that 28 was much too young to have a score like that, and he was not sure he should let me leave his office to go to work. I just do enough of the 5 Rites to be able to stay off prescription medication. My dad has been on pills for his blood pressure since he was 30, and his brother had the same problem also starting at 30. When my blood pressure gets much higher than 140/85 I start doing them for a couple of weeks until I'm down below 110/65 consistently. Unlike the pills, though, the 5 Rites leave me feeling ready to do anything and they don't make me dizzy when I stand up suddenly.

Flash_hound
14th April 2007, 10:24 PM
@hasalameth

Energy work moving energy and allowing you to operate better = Increased blood flow to surface of skin = darker looking skin?

@Tom

That's awesome. Spicy foods are good for your heart too.

Korpo
14th April 2007, 10:37 PM
Flash hound, if the reason for the hypertension is arterial hypertension, which is usually (> 90%) the case, it is not related to the heart.

Tom - I see you practise, but you say you don't? BTW, I did not mean the 5 Tibetans are not effective, I just wondered what made you so sure.

The Chinese believe that the Liver / Wood element plays a major role in hypertension. Are you getting angry easily? You might consider adding an exercise especially for the liver or do energy work on the liver or the liver channels and balance the energy there out.

As I do not know specifically about the 5 Tibetans I assume they try to do it all. so a bit extra emphasis on the Liver / Wood Element could help.

I take medication against my hypertension, but it is not as severe, so the medicine has not much adverse effects. The hypertension eased with Qigong as well, but I am not completely sure about this, so I continue taking medication.

Oliver

Zak
14th April 2007, 11:34 PM
Those 5 Tibetan rites looked like a mix of some asic yoga and qi-gong exercises. Why not do yoga every morning or the equivalent?

Korpo
14th April 2007, 11:46 PM
Why not stay with what one knows if it actually proved to be efficient and helpful? :lol:

Oliver

Tom
15th April 2007, 12:44 AM
Yes, I do still find myself getting angry easily and often. Far more often than I would like to. It isn't as bad as it used to be by far. There was a time when I would get violently ill and be barely able to get out of bed within three days of losing my temper. It seemed like I had to learn to realize when I was getting started about something and make up my mind about whether it was going to be worth the price. I still have a tendency toward anger, but compared to then I'm completely cured. :)

The 5 Rites don't take long to do and they make a good warmup exercise for your "real" yoga, chi kung, or meditation.

What I meant was that I need to get into the habit of doing them every day for longer than two weeks at a time. :)

Korpo
15th April 2007, 01:12 AM
Another point for TCM/Five Elements Theory! 8)

Sorry, but I myself disbelieved this stuff for so long, and then I have been given multiple samples recently that it worked, through personal experience and that of others. Guess those Chinese doctors were not wrong all those hundreds of years after all... ;)

So basically these Five Tibetans I until now have only heard about work fine for you. That's good. They look like they take a bit of quite effort and stretchiness though? The web version I was viewing at http://www.entspannungswelten.ch/fuenf_tibeter-69.htm looks not easy to do to me. Like yoga asanas, IIRC.

Oliver

Flash_hound
15th April 2007, 01:19 AM
Korpo I too buy into the TCM, or 5 elemental theory. Not to go off topic, but where did you find out about it from?

journyman161
15th April 2007, 01:21 AM
Try this (http://www.mkprojects.com/pf_TibetanRites.htm) site - it includes both warm up exercises (everyone knows you should/must do warm ups before you start exercises, right?) as well as simpler versions of the 5 so you can build up to doing the full versions if your condition doesn't allow you to try them immediately

Korpo
15th April 2007, 08:11 AM
Korpo I too buy into the TCM, or 5 elemental theory. Not to go off topic, but where did you find out about it from?

Mainly Qigong books from different kinds - medical, Taoist/spiritual and martial arts. It's mainly piecemeal, but if suffises - for me. I mainly use the association organs and emotions and outer symptoms to diagnose myself, then try to clean up the particular organ and its associated channels for quick ease.

Oliver

stargazer
16th April 2007, 09:26 AM
lightworker,

Energy work has helped with clearing complexion and giving a more ruddy, healthy appearance... plus nothing so beautiful as one's inner glow. :D

Oh and I lost 5-10lbs the first month I started major NEW work. Coincidence maybe but I hadn't altered my routines any.