PDA

View Full Version : Evidence of telepathy

journyman161
15th April 2007, 06:34 AM
or maybe, Deny THIS you fake sceptics... *grins*

Refs: Bastyr University (http://www.bastyr.edu/news/action/natgeographic.asp)
THoTH wesite (http://www.book-of-thoth.com/article1683.html)

Synopsis: Two separate studies have shown that something that appears to be telepathy exists. One of the problems with normal sutdies is the reliance on the interpretations of the 'Receiver' about what has been received. these studies have used sensitive EEG & fMRI (functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging)equipment to watch what is happening in the brain during the testing.

Sender & Receiver were, in both instances, isolated & then the Senders were treated to light displays while the Visual Cortexes (the part of the brain that registers & interprets visual input) of both Senders & Receivers were 'watched' by the equipment.

So, the person in either form was removed from the test. And what they found was, as the Sender began seeing the lights, the Receivers' visual cortexes 'lit up' showing they were receiving visual stimulation - and they weren't!

Also found is what probably everyone here knew already - the links work best between Senders & Receivers who are in close personal relationships - ie. the links make the process work better.

Now before we go overboard, these were 2 small tests, a total of maybe 25 pairs. On the positive side though, it is all perfectly standard science, so any 'error' in procedures claimed to be 'faking' the results will have significant impact across many fields that use either EEG or fMRI.

Beekeeper
15th April 2007, 10:46 AM
For a few years after I graduated from Sydney University (1987) they sent me the university "Gazette." I remember reading an article where the mathematicians had tested the tarot to see if the cards turned up as often as they should based on statistical probability. Apparently, they didn't.

hasalameth
15th April 2007, 12:48 PM
awesome... *sits back with popcorn*

almost, almost, soooon they will all realize, and just as it was with "EARTH'S NOT ROUND, YOU DUMB HEATHEN" and "ONLY GAYS CAN HAVE AIDS" and other idiot human ideas and intolerancies, will the "PARANORMAL IS BS" fade away, as the new generations take over the world with their fresh minds. I can only hope, and work towards a greater world-wide acceptance and understanding.

feileacan
15th April 2007, 01:33 PM
sorry to disappoint anyone maybe.
i am an extremely hsp person and very empathic.
kundalini increased my empathie and i am able to "read"people's mind.
not on purpose, it just floats through my thoughts.
i have to say it happens more to the people that are close to me.
i have never heard of these tests and dont have the desire to prove my ability, but i do know its possible.
i also think that a lot of us are able too but just dont recognise the thoughts of others, its the trick to find out if its your thoughts or someone elses.

i draw cards too, occasionally that is and also in this case i seem to be able to get the right card every time.
i must say that i am a person that lives by her intuition and i think my intuition is very strong and almost always right.
the times i was wrong was when i misinterpretated the feelings of my intuition or when i ignore them.

i dont draw cards often, only on request and i also need to prepare myself, i just cannot draw cards just out of the blue.

love and light,
feileacan

Blue Mage
15th April 2007, 06:52 PM
Preaching to the choir...

Generally, I have no special metaphysical abilities. But on a good day, I can do the basic, "what am I thinking of?" game with my long-term boyfriend and he can guess correctly. He's the passive person in the relationship and so it only works when he is the "receiver". I think it works better with foods, since they can be associated with so many senses.

Also, I can't even count how many times I have been in another room, and I was thinking about talking to him about something, and then just then he comes in and says, "did you say something?" We'll say the same thing at the same time. He'll say what I'm thinking word-for-word, even non-sequiturs. We come from very different backgrounds, and we've only been together a few years, so it doesn't seem like just a matter of great minds thinking alike.

I have very little confidence in the way science is carried out and published to the public at large. Open the newspaper, and oh look, another article about how doing the hokey-pokey prevents cancer. How elucidating! Meanwhile, I try to look up holistic memories and all of the mainstream publications parrot, "oh, there's no evidence this works! This hasn't been studied!" They're too busy studying more important things like the effects of boyhood ketchup consumption on penis size. In theory, science is supposed to be unbiased, objective. But in practice breakthrough discoveries are routinely ignored and swept under the rug, and some "science" is just cooked books.

Thanks for linking to the studies, but two little studies aren't going to change the world. Nothing will ever convince the psuedo-skeptics anyway. Maybe if tv or ♥♥♥♥♥ gives them permission one day, only maybe.

journyman161
15th April 2007, 07:59 PM
awesome... *sits back with popcorn*

almost, almost, soooon they will all realize, and just as it was with "EARTH'S NOT ROUND, YOU DUMB HEATHEN" and "ONLY GAYS CAN HAVE AIDS" and other idiot human ideas and intolerancies, will the "PARANORMAL IS BS" fade away, as the new generations take over the world with their fresh minds. I can only hope, and work towards a greater world-wide acceptance and understanding.Um... you do realise the 'EARTH'S NOT ROUND' theory is a myth don't you? The only people to ever think that were extreme primitives & Chruch-controlled Europeans. Everyone else knew it was round. There's proof available.

from ancient maps, from seafaring voyages that were more than 'day trips on the bay' to all the ancient monuments - there's evidence all over that only the truly ignorant thought the Earth was flat.

Wrong Eye
16th April 2007, 02:50 AM
Earth is round but bulges out in the center due to its' spin.

I have had evidence of telepathy since I was in high school. Once I was in my friend's room and she blurted out my thoughts without me saying anything. She found it fun that she picked up on them.

I also have "predicted" what people are going to say or somehow communicated to them. My astral can communicate too, but that's not exactly telepathy.

I have been trying to find a way to shield or prevent my thoughts or mental processes from being picked up on.

It's paranoia-inducing for me.

CFTraveler
16th April 2007, 02:41 PM
Jman wrote:
from ancient maps, from seafaring voyages that were more than 'day trips on the bay' to all the ancient monuments - there's evidence all over that only the truly ignorant thought the Earth was flat. Yes, but they were in charge. I don't have to say what comes next. :roll: