PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Energy

Ascendant
19th September 2005, 01:15 AM
I seem to be having a problem moving energy through my spine, as per the exercises in Week 2. I just can't direct attention to that area as well as I can to my arms, legs, hands, and feet. Is this normal, or does it mean that I need to spend extra time on this week's exercises?

nightserpent
19th September 2005, 02:54 AM
Have you tried using tactile imaging- using something like a dowel and tracing along your spine? That's helped me kickstart a new area.

I've also found that newly introduced areas to stimulate sometimes don't feel right because I am comparing them to areas I have had more experience stimulating. So, yes, I'd give the new areas more attention in hopes to get them to catch up to the more familiar parts.

kjpou1
1st October 2005, 08:41 AM
Ascendent

I am new here so also this is a hello to all.

I also have problems with this and have spent the last week working on the spine area. Brian mentions in the Daily Tips that he also had problems in this area and that quote “Not concentrating more on the spine bounce in the beginning led to roadblocks for me later.” So I have been focusing on this everyday as I know it is blocked.

Let me explain what has happened to me and maybe it will help. I still have blocks but it is coming along. I am basically still on week two and have been for a week and a half. So now that that is out of the way let me continue.

First my base chakra seems to have activated (also others and how it activated is weird as well but not relevant here) so I have had tingling sensations there for the last week and a half. This also happens spontaneously throughout the day. Well Monday while at work it started up again but this time it kind of spread backwards to where the base of the spine is so I figured my butt fell asleep while programming so moved. The feeling did not go away but did ease up. This happened throughout the day spontaneously. I read the part about the spine bounce which is where I was in the course by the way and figured ok I will focus on that area. It started tingling again as well as the base chakra area.

That night while watching television it all started up again and I thought it was just where my back was touching the couch so moved but it continued. This kept going for an hour and a half to two hours off and on.

That night I went to bed and started the energy work. Now here is where it gets weird. I knew I could not move energy up the spine but could go up my back with no problems so concentrated more on that area until it was tingling but still could not move up the spine. I did feel like a “knot” for lack of a better description in the base of the spine. Spent some time there but nothing so decided to move on and do a little energy hand exploration on other parts of my body. While doing that the “knot” all of a sudden started to move up the area of the spine. Freaked me out at that point so eased off what I was doing and just relaxed. It continued up little by little with what I can only describe as a pressure moving up until it finally came to rest just at the lower back area. Not sure how long it took but it stayed there and I finally went to sleep.

Tuesday morning I did some work there rubbing and scrubbing but this time while concentrating on that area I got no tingling so started feeling around there. I went a little further in, about an inch maybe, started feeling around and the tingling started up again and then the base chakra area started tingling but could not make any head way at all. During the day when I got the tingling I would try to focus there but still only felt the knot where it left off the night before. Rubbed and scrubbed the “knot” with my awareness throughout the day but nothing.

That night the same thing started happening and the “knot” started up again ever so slowly so I just went with it until it moved up to the middle of the back. Although a little hesitant, I did was try to stick an energy finger up the base of my spine and try to extend it upwards. I could ever so slowly move energy up that little part and then it would hit the “knot” and seem to move out sideways and go up the sides of the spine but not through it. I could move the energy up to the “knot” and back down into the base chakra area and from there kind of bounce it that way but was very difficult. Not like the other energy bounce work at all.

Well to make a long story short that is where it has been so everyday I worked the spine area with the rubbing, scrubbing, wrapping and stuffing the finger up to try and clear it.

It has now worked its way up to the middle of the shoulder blades but maybe last night it finally cleared giving me a headache before going to bed. I read somewhere to try slicing from one side of the body to the other through the spine starting from the base and moving upwards with each stroke of energy movement so tried that yesterday evening while waiting for my wife.

As of this morning I can move energy focused through the spine but very slowly and this morning my neck area started tingling. Still blocked I would suspect but it is opening. Also have some lower back pain this morning and woke up this morning with my whole body “rushing with energy” for lack of a better description, falling sensations and head feeling full ( yes again used for lack of a better description). Thought I might try for an OBE but decided to just relax and go with the flow until it subsided.

I have had a lot of problems with the area between the shoulders and neck being the point of my stress so that could be it as well. It takes concentration to move the energy through the spine but hopefully it will get easier the more it is done.

I hope this experience has been beneficial and will be beneficial for those that have the same problems.

Sorry so long for a first post.

Kenneth