PDA

View Full Version : reiki treatment

splodge
18th April 2007, 01:48 PM
can anyone explain what happened to me and my friend.

We have both twice recieved reiki treatment and both times not felt well after the session.

myself about 2 mins into the session begin to shake uncontrolable for the whole of the session hands sweat i do see the colour purple over the third eye charka and when i get up im falling over and its takes aleast 20 minutes for the shakes to disappear and feel im all over the place.

my friend has the same problem and also a couple days after feels very suicidal and very depressed.

ive been told we could be healer our selfs.

can anyone explain what this is and should be continue having the treament.

thanks.

splodge

kiwibonga
18th April 2007, 07:24 PM
What was the purpose of your visit to the therapist? What did they do to you (where did they send energy, did they explain what they were doing, etc)?

Can you explain what you mean by "see the colour purple over the third eye chakra?" Do you see this as an overlay over your physical vision, or is it more of a daydream-image type of thing?

CFTraveler
18th April 2007, 07:33 PM
This may be completely unrelated, but last weekend I went to a Spiritual Development Workshop. As most of you know, I'm one of those people who wouldn't summon anyone anyway, but I took it with the hopes of getting some insights for discernment- besides how they feel, I wanted to know how to tell good spirits from bad, relatives from Negs, my higher self with something else, since I encounter beings often in my travel and always avoiding them gets old after a while- (and also to see if there was something I didn't know in respect with how spiritualists do things.)
Part of the exercises was a meditation in which you use your sensory modalities to connect meaning to symbol, for example, the color, flavor, sensation, smell, of a particular thoughtform. One thing that struck me interesting, was that when we were trying to 'get' the feel of our Higher Self, and then report to the other person, almost every person in the room reported seeing the color purple in their vision overlay (that is, actual seeing, not imagination).
I don't have a point to this, I just thought I'd mention this and leave the interpretation to the knowledgeable. :wink:

splodge
20th April 2007, 04:02 PM
What was the purpose of your visit to the therapist? What did they do to you (where did they send energy, did they explain what they were doing, etc)?

Can you explain what you mean by "see the colour purple over the third eye chakra?" Do you see this as an overlay over your physical vision, or is it more of a daydream-image type of thing?

I WENT FOR TREATMENT FOR MY SHOULDER INJURY AND IT WAS FROM A SPIRITUAL CHURCH I WAS DIRECTED TO THAT I WAS TOLD HAD VERY GOOD HEALERS.

THEY DID EXPLAIN THAT I MIGHT FEEL TINGLING AND TO LET THEN KNOW IF I SAW ANY COLOURS WHEN MY EYES WERE SHUT THROUGH THE TREATMENT.

HE STARTED BY ASKING ME TO TAKE A FEW DEEP BREATHS AND LAYING HIS HANDS ON TOP OF MY HEAD E.T.C. WHICH WHEN MY EYES WERE SHUT I SAW THE COLOUR PURPLE NOT THROUGH THOUGHT AT ALL.
OR DAYDREAM IT POPPED STRAIGHT IN.

THATS WHEN THE SHAKING WAS FELT AND LIKE A ENERGY BOLT THROUGH MY WHOLE BODY AND EVEN AFTER THE TREATMENT DIDNT SEEM TO SUB SIDE FOR ALEAST 20 MINS WITH THE LOSS OF BALANCE E.T.C

IVE SPOKEN TO A REIKI MASTER WHO SAID IT SOUNDED LIKE YOU WERE RECIEVING TO MUCH ENERGY AND YOU NEED TO GET RID OF IT THATS WHY THE SHAKING BECAME QUITE UNCONTROLABLE AND SHOULD LOOK TO CHANNELING THIS ENERGY THROUGH SOME KIND OF HEALING.
I MUST SAY I KNOW LITTLE ABOUT ENERGY E.T.C AND WAS JUST TRYING TO PICK PEOPLE'S MINDS ON EXPLAINATION'S OF WHAT IT COULD OF BEEN.

THANKYOU SPLODGE.

Korpo
20th April 2007, 09:30 PM
Try to sink any energy you can hold of through your feet down into the ground. As far as you can go. Then make a 2nd pass, etc. This could help.

BTW, is you CapsLock broken or WHY ARE YOU WRITING EVERYTHING IN CAPITAL LETTERS? :lol:

Oliver

Korpo
20th April 2007, 09:40 PM
PS

Releasing a blockage in your energy body can set free different amounts of energy into you. This energy is usually excited and agitated and it could be wise to bring it either to the Lower Tantien or to the ground below. This works for me with blockages very well.

Not all blockages are alike. Some are manifested in the higher energy bodies, and with each body higher in the hierarchy it will grow substantially stronger. Holographic, non-obvious connections are possible.

For example, when I challenged a belief of mine that I had attached to before, I suddenly got rushed with a lot of associated emotion and energy. which I grounded a lot, and energy work went on "automatic" for a while, I just grounded as blockages released "on their own accord". A lot of things became easier afterward...

So the energy block in your etheric body which was removed by the healer could have quite possibly had a connection to a higher-level block, and that came loose and flooded you with energy. Possibly, plausibly, but not necessarily. ;)

When you ground the energy a lot, things should ease. Then afterwards in the following weeks you could look whether some behaviour of yours has changed, a trauma is gone, or you have become more openminded. This then could be a hint on what happened "in there".

Oliver

Tom
21st April 2007, 07:12 PM
Okay, Splodge. I have been studying reiki since my first attunement in 1998 when I began learning Usui Reiki. It sounds to me like you had an experience which made you uncomfortable and that you already know from your intuition not to go back. It doesn't matter how good a healer is in terms of talent and knowledge and wisdom and ability to access energy if that person is simply not a good match for you. Because you are here, I suspect that you should look into learning Robert Bruce's system NEW - there are free tutorials at http://www.astraldynamics.com - since that is what most of us have in common here rather than reiki. It would be a good idea to work with your secondary chakras for a couple of months as the tutorials suggest (such as in your hands and feet) because the primary chakras really do rely on them and it is easy to forget to develop them when there is so much emphasis on the primary chakras and in particular the upper chakras. If you still would like to work with reiki, I suggest reading as much as you can about it and then receiving attunements so you can give yourself treatments. The important thing is to take your time with finding someone who feels right for working with you so that if something unusual happens you can discuss it with the person who is sharing reiki with you. Sometimes things do happen that are hard to explain, and often you will never know exactly what it was. Often it will seem to be completely unrelated to what you have in mind when you are looking for a treatment for something specific - such as your shoulder. When you are working with energy it has a tendency to go where it is needed most rather than to where you expect it to.