PDA

View Full Version : Meditation in the Car

Flash_hound
19th April 2007, 10:23 PM
Hey, I'm going to be having some long car rides during the next two days and I will probably do my daily routine in the car. So I have two questions.

1) Is this feasible?

2) If I have an OBE what should I do?

Thanks a lot.

Korpo
19th April 2007, 10:37 PM
Driver or passenger? ;)

Oliver

Tom
19th April 2007, 10:37 PM
Tricky question. We can't suggest you do anything that could create an altered state of awareness while driving, especially an out-of-body experience. In other words, just drive while you are driving.

Would subliminals be okay, though? Given that they don't have the effects of inducing an altered state of awareness and that the driving could naturally create an unusually receptive condition.

Flash_hound
19th April 2007, 10:42 PM
I'll be a passenger. :D

Korpo
19th April 2007, 10:56 PM
So, I always do my stuff on the commuter train. Sometimes makes concentration hard, but it also trains dealing with distractions. Since distractions are a fact of life ...

(For me it would be simply not enough time for my stuff else, as I commute 1 hour by train alone into work and another back.)

If you run into concentration problems - headaches can be suggestive of this - back off, relax, maybe take a nap. Meditation, trancework, breathwork, mind taming, phasing - all these things should be no problem in a car.

For full-exit OBE others might know more...

Oliver

CFTraveler
19th April 2007, 11:12 PM
I've done it as a passenger, and the good of it is that you're moving forward as you're doing it, enhancing the feeling of traveling for when you finally go stationary. The bad part of it is that you probably will eventually get uncomfortable and not much able to adjust yourself for any long period of time. Also, I really doubt you'll OBE, because there are too many distractions. But it's something to do while you sit there.