PDA

View Full Version : Early successes

landru27
21st April 2007, 03:27 AM
I've been working with the MAP and AD books for about 6+ months now, and am starting to have early-stage successes. (Just as a side note about me personally, I find working with the Astral Dynamics book easier, using the MAP book as support and for specific exercises. For my learning style, the organization of AD is more accessible. Both are great books.)

I have now had four distinct experiences that were either (a) OoBE projections into the RTZ with heavy reality fluctuations, or (b) exceedingly lucid dreams conforming to the physical world to a very high degree.

If they were lucid dreams, I have never had such clarity in a dream, even though I have had lucid dreams before. If they were lucid dreams, my subconscious mind must have been taking a break because these 'dreams' showed very little creativity in constructing the environment.

On the other hand, if they were OoBE projections, they involved a bit too much creativity from my subconscious mind. They could easily have been low-energy OoBE projections; energy work is probably where I am weakest among the core skills in AD and MAP.

In one of these experiences in particular, I distinctly felt murmurs / waves / vibrations first in my legs and then in my torso, along with buzzing 'sounds' in my head. And, this was followed by a distinct feeling of yanking myself out of my physical body by sitting up on the couch on which I was sleeping.

In another one of these experiences, I might have simply had an internal projection. I definitely felt the effects of the mind-split, so I'm sure I projected, but the experience was the most dream like of the four, so I suspect I stayed "close to home", as it were.

Things are falling into place, and I anticipate more solid experiences as I improve in the core skills through practice, practice, practice.

landru27
21st April 2007, 03:38 AM
I've been working with the MAP and AD books for about 6+ months now ...
I should also note that I have not had the benefit of time and space for always sticking to the daily schedule. Work happens. Family life is busy, too. Fortunately, certain exercises can be done during the 'idle time' that happens every day, to sustain one's development in between times when one can dedicate regular time to it.

This is another really helpful aspect of the AD and MAP material.

Beekeeper
21st April 2007, 06:01 AM
I'm glad it's happening for you landru27. Why not keep a journal of your experiences here and inspire others?

landru27
22nd April 2007, 04:42 AM
I'm glad it's happening for you landru27.
Thanks for the encouragement!

Why not keep a journal of your experiences here and inspire others?
I've been considering starting a forum journal ... I do keep a journal, of course, but just on my PC so far. With the borderline OoBEs, though, I have a sense of gathering momentum, and a sense of wanting to re-connect with and give back to the community here on the AD forums.

I'm still considering, but I'm about 80% decided to go ahead and start ...

Beekeeper
22nd April 2007, 04:58 AM
Cool. I think the borderline experiences are very interesting and very instructional. Sure, it's great to read the experiences of seasoned, skillful travellers but it's just as encouraging to see others like ourselves beginning with more modest adventures.

I try to be encouraging. :wink:

Kevin Bridges
30th January 2010, 07:45 AM
Very neat. If I were to guess, I'd say you were definitely doing a RT projection.

Skeptics tend to shrug off OBEs as dreams, but when you really think about it, even if it were a dream, it would be a very particular type of dream. I've had more dreams about being naked at school than about floating around my bedroom, being able to wake myself up by diving onto the bed.