PDA

View Full Version : Intro to Focus 12 notes

stargazer
21st April 2007, 11:41 PM
Intro to Focus 12 has proved to be very dynamic for me so far. I've only listened to the track 3-4 times and have had spontaneous vibrations later that night just about every time. Contrast with 20-30 listens of Focus 10 with maybe 3-4 interesting experiences.

Listen #1 - As I explained in the other thread, my first listen of Focus 12 caused me to wake up in the middle of the night with heavy projection sensations, which I purposely aborted. The energetic vibrations here were really strong and amazing.

Listen #2 - I listened to the track the evening after taking my first Bikram yoga class... a good combination! During the track itself, I hovered just under consciousness... I remember Monroe talking but could not recall specifics of what he said. At the end of the track, I "came to" and found my body mostly asleep but my limbs were vibrating at a "medium" rate. I enjoyed the "mind awake body asleep" odd feeling for a few minutes and then got up and went to bed. Focus 12 is Expanded Awareness and it seems my mind took it literally... at several points during sleep I'd feel as if my sense of physical awareness was greatly expanded, as if I could just poke out my awareness and "feel" into the living room... satisfied that the living room was empty of any undesirable presences, I'd drift back to sleep. At another point during the night, I felt myself thinking "Gosh my fiance' FEELS so far away from me right now" and opened my eyes to check on him lying in bed next to me. Awareness-wise, he felt a million miles away from me and it was an interesting sensation.

Listen #3: Listened to the entire track awake, nothing interesting to report

Listen #4: I listened to the track again last night, and was probably about 80% awake through the track... I'd find myself daydreaming about something, and that something would yield a bunch of information. For example I would think about something or someone I saw in the news and this stream of information and pictures would just seem to "make itself known." Like I knew it as soon as I saw it. At one point I was listening to a man talking (not Monroe) and then there was a "click" and I was suddenly listening to the middle of a Monroe cue, which I found extremely confusing, lol. :D Again, at the end of the track I found my limbs buzzing and vibrating but mildly this time. I went to bed... and at some point during the night I felt myself in this cozy, dark "horizontal floaty" place, very internal feeling. And I felt vibrations starting... which started to bring on a little bit of apprehension but then I thought "C'mon, Robert Bruce sez just to go with the exit! Buck up and just go with it... you'll be fine!" So I remained calm and observant and resolved to go through with whatever I was feeling... and I abruptly fell a few feet, and simply woke up tingling. It was like experiencing that half-asleep falling sensation, except fully awake... a phenomenon that MAP or AP said was related not to "falling back into the body" but actually moreso OBE / falling OUT of the body. Ah well! I had stuck to my guns on this one, whatever it was! :D So then... I fell back asleep and was having a dream that I was in my younger brother's bedroom and he was complaining about his allergies. I was lying on the bed on my stomach, and weirdly enough it was like his bedroom detached from the house and started to float away from it, as if it were some kind of dream bus. A black dog was in the neighbor's yard and I saw that he was watching me pass by... and at this observation I became lucid. I was floating up the street on a bed, with the bedroom window still in front of me like a bus window in this strange dream vehicle and I thought to myself "Wow... I can go anywhere!"

Suddenly this loud, robotic voice proclaimed "YES, ANYWHERE... WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GO?????" and it seriously startled me so much that this Voice had heard my thoughts, that I couldn't think of anywhere that I wanted to go. I can't stress enough how startling this Voice was... it's like it was right over my head, and extremely loud and "lucid" in nature.. that is... it didn't seem to be part of the dream environment at all, which in some ways plays more like a quiet abstract movie in my head. It surprised me so much-

"Home!!" I said quickly, and immediately woke up. I do not recall if I felt tingling or vibrations or the signature "dissolve" feeling when I woke up.

An interesting journey so far!

Korpo
22nd April 2007, 12:21 AM
I went to bed... and at some point during the night I felt myself in this cozy, dark "horizontal floaty" place, very internal feeling. And I felt vibrations starting...

Somehow I know this, cannot say for sure, though. Interestingly I had this after a Focus 12 trance session. So I went to bed, and awoke in some floaty state, as a point of consciousness. I moved a bit, and it's like I detached from my ears - the sensory input continued, but I moved farther away from that. Like moving through a dark space, but never "up", just sideways. I got away and near my ears again.

I heard astral laughter, but I did not recognise it at that time, did not know AD or MAP... I was living in a student dorm, so I thought - can't you guys keep it down, you are so loud, I'd say you're right in my room (with a locked door, single bed apartment).

Later on I had a similar experience during the Focus 12, maybe 15 session, on my bed lying down. I could move away from the ears and back again, but I could not facilitate an exit.

Having checked Monroe and RB I think these were "inner projections", were consciousness moves freely in the etheric body (what Monroe calls the 2nd body), but has not yet projected into the astral copy (3rd body according to Monroe).

So - nearly there. And you were willing at the right moment. And, as it seems, no more click-outs. I think you're going somewhere, I really think you do! :D

Take good care,
Oliver

Deadliner
17th May 2007, 07:08 PM
Hello all,

I've done the Introduction to Focus 12 a couple of times, but I didn't feel any different than Focus 10. When the instructor switches from one Focus to the other, I don't feel much going on...

Is it that I hadn't reached Focus 10 entirely, and should work on it more? Am I missing something? I know that mostly this is subjective and one should not expect something based on the experiences of others. So without wanting to base my expectations on someone else's experiences, I would just like to know, what do you feel at Focus 12?

Perhaps talking about it will help, since I strongly beleive that reading about these matters help you in achieving the desired states.

Thanks!

Korpo
17th May 2007, 08:29 PM
Hmmm.

I think at the beginning you switch strongly between different Foci, as you are trying to hit the "trance band" on the way from waking to sleep at all. Later on you can find more specific states or Foci in this band and associate them with certain phenomena.

Phenomena start to come step by step the deeper you travel Focus by Focus.

Hemispheric Synchronisation, all-body drowsiness, the beginning of a detached and floaty state, time slowing. These are the phenomena that I would expect between Foci 10 and 15.

Hope this helps a bit. ;)

Oliver

Deadliner
17th May 2007, 10:44 PM
Oliver,

thank you for your answer. These phenomena are somewhat evident since Focus 10. My question is what the difference the 10 and 12 state is, but I guess it's something that I may find out gradually, as I go on with the excercises. After all, this was only an introduction to Focus 12...

Well, time will show I guess!

Korpo
17th May 2007, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I think so, too.

I think it works like this - certain phenomena will occure more often in some exercises than in others, as you learn to "hit the spot". Some variation will always happen - sometimes you cannot "shake loose", and sometimes you "go deeper".

As long phenomena keep happening, things are going along. Try to stabilise Focus 10 pretty strongly. I'd think it is the most important one.

Oliver