PDA

View Full Version : Over Energized Inducing Insomnia

anonymous159
23rd April 2007, 09:04 PM
This is my life krises everybody. I might turn into a burn out from sleep deprivation. The thread here is dedicated for everybody interested who likes to give out some energy advice. The thread will be really short because im intellectually impaired from not enough sleep and to much energy. If I gather enough energy, I will post tailor replyies, once im fully refreshed and battled my mind to forcefully make me fall asleep. The obsession is rooted from continuously remonissing over classes from energy work. It is like putting 6 obe experiences altogether for a total noob in energy. It is the greatest highlight in my life. So I keep re entering by visualizing im already their. I'd like to visualize in my mind because it makes me feel good about me.

Self Sex, Is practiced after rewarding myself on a good days job. The problem with doing the activities are I feel much more stimulated then ever, after it. It use to be the total opposite where it would drain me of energy and I would use the drain to help me fall asleep

Meditation, has been practicing for more then 5-6 as a alternative to sleep. Sleeping Disorders are when I always meditate in bed. This programs my bed for meditation not for sleep, so when I want to sleep it will not work because I programmed my bed for meditation and sleep, is not what it's programmed for anymore.

Currently, im elevating ZYXPREXA medication use for better sedation. The raising energy beats the zombeness induced by psychiatric drugs. I am specking with clarity on a heavier dose and only 6 hours of sleep. It is used for physcosis which is fading fast and is almost gone. I am mentally fit and the drugs are not use to me anymore, except the only reason why I use it is for sedation purposes.

I take no stimulants in my diet only herbal relaxants. I wanted cry because I was abusing myself with heavier doses of medication. It's bruising or handicapping my spiritual potential. But it's the only way to get to sleep. I don't want to hurt my genes anymore. I am fighting the insomnia demon as hard as I can. I am fighting for my life to win.

It goes deeper into the puzzle I created I triangle in my mind, I've created energy pathways 2d in my mind. Every time I close my eyes I see the symbol, it's a big distraction when it comes to sleep.

The thread should be labled high priority for a insomnia cure.

I don't care if your advice isn't that good, I will try anything to stop this happening. Anyway. I will be opened minded to all help on the thread.

Please help

Many blessings your way.

CFTraveler
23rd April 2007, 09:11 PM
I had a friend with a similar problem, and something really 'different' worked for her. See if you can go sleep in a church for a few days. I'm not sure if this is possible for you, and also don't do any of your meditation/energy work in bed anymore. Find a recliner, do it there, and only use your bed for sleep. If you can't do this church thing get some holy water and put some on your bed.

Korpo
23rd April 2007, 09:21 PM
Also, do you have a couch? Start sleeping there. Switch to a sleep position that is completely unlike your meditation position.

I think your mind is overagitated from to much energy work and meditation. You need to ground and center more, see here (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=7221) for some advise on that.

I cannot sleep if overenergised, and I ground a lot. So...

Perhaps you could stop all practises, only ground and center, reinstate sleep time for its original purpose?

Tom often mentioned "Yoga Nidra/Yogic Sleep". Maybe you two can discuss how to practise this kind of meditation safely.

Oliver

journyman161
23rd April 2007, 10:32 PM
If you can get hold of a hemisync that does Delta wave entrainment, it can place you into deep sleep. Theta doesn't go low enough but even that would help. If you download a free hemisync generator you can make your own. If you need help on how, PM me. (Check over in the Altered State (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/index.php?c=17) forums for free generators.

You'd need to have a CD/tape player with headphones small enough to not be uncomfortable when you lay down - tossing & turning isn't really a problem as once you're in Delta yo9u don't move around much. You could run it on a loop if you've got an mp3 player, or an mp3 CD will give you about 6.5 hours of play time.

Let me know if you don't have or can't get the hemisyncs - I can help there I think. Note that hemisyncs aren't all for energy or astral work - they can also be used for relaxation, sleep, dreams, learning, lots of applications.

23rd April 2007, 10:48 PM
1. Reverse energy raising actions in the legs and arms; dumping energy, if that's what you really want.

2. Find the book: "How to sleep less and have more energy then you ever had before". It contains valuable info on sleeping. Good sleepers only need 5 hours of sleep according to that book and it explains why in detail with powerful methods of getting control over your biorythm and sleeping pattern.

Tempestinateapot
23rd April 2007, 11:49 PM
Robert recommends that if you are having any problems (mental or physical) that get out of control, to immediately stop all energy and meditation work. Wait until you are completely normal, then start back very slowly. While you are waiting, do very physical things...exercise (but not right before bed), eat meat and heavy meals. I wouldn't recommend grounding, because it puts you in an altered state, which is what you are trying to avoid until you are balanced.

anonymous159
25th April 2007, 01:10 AM
Also, do you have a couch? Start sleeping there. Switch to a sleep position that is completely unlike your meditation position.

I think your mind is overagitated from to much energy work and meditation. You need to ground and center more, see here for some advise on that.

I cannot sleep if overenergised, and I ground a lot. So...

Perhaps you could stop all practises, only ground and center, reinstate sleep time for its original purpose?

Tom often mentioned "Yoga Nidra/Yogic Sleep". Maybe you two can discuss how to practise this kind of meditation safely.

Oliver

Oliver are you from germany? I think, I might know you.

My mediation position is on side to side. If I really want to push it I meditate on my back. Mental endurance yes I've got, BUT brain endurance not as much as mental energy.

Im starting to think, if im REM Deficient that means their will be no sleep to exhaust the brain and continue sleeping threw out the night ! ! Yippee I stumbled across one of the blocks of goodies to help me out. I've only slept 4 hours yesterday, I took twice the olazapine dose + a herbal sleeping pill that induces hypnagogic images and provide deep sleep.

I listed as many ways I can combat insomnia. Here is what I came up with..

· Going to bed slightly cold, taking cold showers before bed

· Unwinding- Completely chill out and relax from thinking to hard

· De Focus- De focus off all new age related obsessive subjects temporarily.

· Meds- Completely off it out of my system, first then start the energy work

· Remedy Fix - Looking for the best herbal relaxants that induces sleep

· Wearing Wet Socks- Wet socks causes a cold which helps get me to sleep.

· Nutrients removing some nutritional foods out of my life style temporary to help induce sleep

Energy Raising was done for 2 hours in class plus a woman who decided to add more prana to my stock. Isn't she sweet ! I learnt my lesson and I will NOT do energy raising more then I need too without having a well balanced life style. I wanted to do so much work because I want physic defence, that's where the real drive came from doing so much energy work.

anonymous159
25th April 2007, 01:18 AM
Journyman, Delta sleep is no good for me, I need REM dreams, all my dreams are very faded. Lack of dream content means a disability in spirtual growth.

Robert recommends that if you are having any problems (mental or physical) that get out of control, to immediately stop all energy and meditation work. Wait until you are completely normal, then start back very slowly. While you are waiting, do very physical things...exercise (but not right before bed), eat meat and heavy meals. I wouldn't recommend grounding, because it puts you in an altered state, which is what you are trying to avoid until you are balanced.

Thankyou tempin for digging this up for me. I will consume heavy meals and I will tell you how I went.

multi tasking is my new thing, most males can't multi task for penuts. I can be aware of at least 5 happenings at one time. This keeping my brain active and not making me go to sleep.

CFTraveler
25th April 2007, 01:28 AM
A few issues:

I listed as many ways I can combat insomnia.

Here is what I came up with..

· Going to bed slightly cold, taking cold showers before bed Everything that I have read suggests that taking a warm shower should relax you. A cold shower would tense you up, making it harder to go to sleep.

· Unwinding- Completely chill out and relax from thinking to hard

· De Focus- De focus off all new age related obsessive subjects temporarily.

· Self Vamping- Finding Different ways to vamp my prana before it kicks my own buttox. Don't know
·
Meds- Completely off it out of my system, first then start the energy work No- if you need them there has to be a reason for that. Consult your medical practicioner- some meds have dangerous side effects when you stop cold turkey.

· Remedy Fix - Looking for the best herbal relaxants that induces sleep · Make sure that they don't interact with some other things. I'm allergic for instance to a drug that has an herbal equivalent, and my body can't tell the diff. between them. Inform yourself of side effects.

Wearing Wet Socks- Wet socks causes a cold which helps get me to sleep. What?
First of all, temp does not cause colds, viruses do. And even if this were true, why would you want to make yourself sick? Being sick is not going to give you more rest. Regular old restful sleep will. You want to sleep to feel better, not worse.

· Nutrients removing some nutritional foods out of my life style temporary to help induce sleep What? How is removing nutrition going to improve sleep? That's up there with making yourself sick. If you want something foodwise to make you sleepy, complex carbohydrates and foods high in Tryptophan cause sleepiness. You don't have to compromise your health to get good sleep. In fact, the effect would be the complete opposite.

Another thing: You seem to be confusing exhaustion with sleepiness, and they are not the same. Being tired is not the same as being sleepy. Haven't you ever been too tired to go to sleep? Abusing your body and making yourself ill will take your energy away, but you will not sleep any better or sounder. You have to be sleepy for that, not tired.

anonymous159
25th April 2007, 01:39 AM
Everything that I have read suggests that taking a warm shower should relax you.

It's balancing it. Being too warm will not get me to sleep. It has to be the right room temperature.

making it harder to go to sleep.

How come it worked this morning? When myself was really telling me to take a cold shower against my will ?

My immune system is weaker from lack of sleep, so cold can influence the immune system function and affect sleep hours positively.

some time ago, I swam in cold water for 1 hour at the beach and came back home with a runny noise, went to sleep and slept like a angel.

Don't know

That's out of line. I re edited that quote because it's not suitable.

No- if you need them there has to be a reason for that. Consult your medical practicioner- some meds have dangerous side effects when you stop cold turkey.

I will have to trust myself and see what's best for me.

Make sure that they don't interact with some other things. I'm allergic for instance to a drug that has an herbal equivalent, and my body can't tell the diff. between them. Inform yourself of side effects.

Im well aware of that, thank you for putting it up anyway.

Another thing: You seem to be confusing exhaustion with sleepiness, and they are not the same. Being tired is not the same as being sleepy. Haven't you ever been too tired to go to sleep? Abusing your body and making yourself ill will take your energy away, but you will not sleep any better or sounder. You have to be sleepy for that, not tired.

Do I have a choice?

Korpo
26th April 2007, 08:00 AM
Oliver are you from germany? I think, I might know you.

Yes, I am, anon159. People who know me in person should be able to associate something with the Korpo/Oliver combination. Just pm me about that if you want.

Take good care,
Oliver

anonymous159
28th April 2007, 07:19 AM
I won over insomnia Last Night. 2 nights :D. A entire week of half the sleep I normally get. 5 hours each night for a week, instead of 9 hours maximum. Plus I was on sedatives. I was a sleep deficit wreck. Simply by stating what I gained from the experience and taking advice from a sister that worked over a P induced energy work. All I had to do, was do some grounding by processing protective herbs for protection. Focusing on the breathing as if a sleeper would normally breath while asleep. Focus my mind as a blank sheet of paper and holding it in that state. Ignoring hypnagogic images because they raise brain wave activity, as much as I can. Making the sleeping environment with the lowest stimula ever possible. Ignoring how LATE it is at night and not COUNTING how many hours I’ve got to sleep. Moving the alarm clock away from hand's reach to a distance in my room. And having a night lamp to reduce hypnagogic vividness.

I am back to my normal self again well I gained a bit of weight from eating crappy meats, this time equipped with knowledge, to not go down this rabbit hole ever again on meds.

I made it :D :D