PDA

View Full Version : Angels, by Danielle

Tempestinateapot
24th April 2007, 10:25 PM
This is a poem that my daughter wrote. She died one week before her 16th birthday, almost 8 years ago to the day.

ANGELS, by Danielle

I Wonder What They Look Like
I Wonder What They Think
Do They Always Fly
Are They Always in Sing
Do They Smell Like Candy
Or
Hot Chocolate on a Cold Winters Day
They Have That Special Feeling
But Not in a Bad Way
They Answer Your Prayers With God as Help
They Watch over You in Every Way and Every Day
I Am Safe and Comfortable With God and my Angel at my Side
I Hope and Pray They Never Go Away
Because
People Always Come and Go, but Angels Always Stay
So When You Go to Bed at Night and Say Your Pretty Prayers
Remember God Will Listen To You
And
Answers in Love and Care.

CFTraveler
25th April 2007, 12:10 AM
OMG. I'm so sorry that this happened. I don't know what to say.

Tempestinateapot
25th April 2007, 01:04 AM
It's ok. 8 years is a long time ago, and there's been a lot of healing and rethinking life's priorities since then. She died the day after Columbine, so we didn't mourn in quite the same way as the rest of the country. It's odd that now there's a new school tragedy with Virginia Tech around the same time of year.

For those who don't remember, 1999 was the year that there was a lot of speculation and fear about 2000 and all the computers in the world going nuts because of the date, and grinding the world to a halt. When Danielle would talk about Revelations, the Rapture, and Christ coming back (she was a Christian), I would tease her and say don't worry about it, 'cause the world's going to end in 2000 anyway. Weird way for me to have a premonition.

I just love her poem and wanted to share it. :D

hasalameth
25th April 2007, 06:41 PM
It was a beautiful and powerful poem. The age from 8-17 is the period we're most awaken, in a way. Sending you thoughts of love and warmth. I hope your wounds are healed.

star
25th April 2007, 08:48 PM
Her angel probably helped her write it too. I've only been lucky enough to have angel contact that I can really remember once.

hasalameth
27th April 2007, 03:35 PM
You don't need an angel to help you write beautiful tings, do miracles and be a good person. But yes, I've seen one too, as did the others in the room. It was amazing.