PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Mind-Split theory

Astral_Ace
26th April 2007, 09:04 AM
To start off I would like to say I have yet to experience a conscious exit OBE. Although I have had 2 minor lucid dream to semi-conscious (equivilent to a memory while drunk) projections into the RTZ, also I am relitively new to such esoteric/spiritual concepts so bare with me.

According to RB's Mind-Split theory projecting into the RTZ or other such place is experienced by our other subtle bodies or higher selves ?

Are these events and phenomena not experienced first hand by what would be called the waking or base level of consciousness or by rather a copy of our consciousness ?

So by the Mind-Split logic I lay in my bed or sit on a chair and a copy of me is out learning spiritual truths or having fun flying around or doing whatever ?

It seems disappointing only to download the memories and remember what was experienced but actually experience it, like knowing how delicious a meal was but not actually tasting it.

When I first read about Astral Projection I thought of it in the way of our consiousness temperarily leaving our bodies to experience the unknown as in a old fasioned deep sea diver jumping off a boat into the water but connected to the surface by a oxigen line.

Maybe it's deep seeded Atheist logic or just my N00bness, but any insight into this would be appreciated.

-Astral_Ace[/i]

Korpo
26th April 2007, 11:23 AM
In astral projection you leave your body and "stay at home", but the way the brain works only one copy is stored at a time.

Do not confuse this with the concept of the Higher Self, or projection in other planes.

If you want to have a more immediate, "non-exit" experience, take a look at the concept of "phasing" as well in the Monroe subforum. CFTraveller has summarised info from a thread there that describes how one can switch consciousness directly without a felt exit.

Take good care,
Oliver

wstein
27th April 2007, 06:09 AM
Yes, with phasing, awareness follows the projection in real time. Multiple sensory input streams make it perhaps a bit trickier in some aspects but there is no memory integration problem.