PDA

View Full Version : Ive read and researched OBE for years no success

ghostly
27th April 2007, 08:39 AM
It seems I cannot have an OBE because of fear from the past. When I was 13 I woke up in the morning only to find a scary women beside my bed. She did not have a monstrous look or anything like that. But her eyes stared straight into my eyes and I knew she was not real.Her eyes froze me with fear that I couldn't even yell or move. It seemed if she stared straight down my soul. I read many OBE books and most authors claim to see strange entities. I am afraid I will see the same women again. I almost had an OBE in the past. I got the vibrations down but when the flashes of light and weird sounds start I get distracted . Please help me with some answers. Please I really want to have an OBE .

Korpo
27th April 2007, 09:16 AM
Bedside watchers are encountered in many different occult encounter situations, but observed very differently - from ETs over what you described to deer to whatever you can imagine. Paralysis and fear are reported commonly from this situations. The eyes seem to play a big role, like you described. I cannot say if this phenomenon itself is directly linked to OBE, though.

Could you detail how the situation ended - did you lose consciousness, did you fall asleep, did "she" vanish? Did it feel more real, exactly as real or less real than common everyday experiences?

I have read many OBE books as well, but the authors see these entities only when in the process of projecting, IMO, not while awake. This is more common to other phenomena.

When OBEing many observe entities of some kind, positive, neutral and negative. Rather less frequent such manifestations happen in "real life", and their range varies from UFO abduction experiences to ghost/hauntins to visions of Mary.

While there is an underlying common ground for all these things I personally tend to see these phenomena apart from each other for pure practicality reasons.

Fear is one of the biggest obstacles to projection. If you cannot deal with fear you should not, and most likely cannot, project. Learn to deal with your fear, and all your attempts will soar in success rate. I personally have thrown away many a near-success in projection either because of fear or distraction. Let this habit not sink in, untrain it, deal with the original problem, and start projection training anew.

Take good care,
Oliver

ghostly
27th April 2007, 09:27 PM
In detail Oliver, when I first saw this women I just woke up and everything was still fuzzy. She was the first thing that I saw when I opened my eyes. I froze for a second and couldn't yell then I turned away and looked back she was gone. I also had another experience before at the age of 17 , and thats before I ever heard about OBEs. I went to my bedroom and shut the door behind me. I had the light on and started meditating for the first time ever. I blanked out everthing in my mind . I blanked my mind that I was meditating. All of a sudden my bedroom door started pounding . I knew it wasnt human because my mom would just open the door without knocking. It was a different kind of knock and soo erie that I yelled out very loud come in . It took about a minute before I opened the door. No one was around . I checked under the beds the closet and every room . There was no one . Matter of fact the front door was locked with a bolt lock where you would have to lock the door from the outside when you leave. For two years I have been puzzled about this . I never meditated again after that. What got me started in OBE is when I was talking to an exgirlfriend and she explained that when she woke up in the morning she started floating to the ceiling. She yelled and screamed then she woke up back in her body. She didn't say the word OBE or Astral travel. She simply explained what happend to her. I didnt think anything of it we were just sharing our experiences together. She shared how she floated and I shared about my meditation experience. Well anyways 2 years later I was in a bookstore and came across an OBE book. And reading the back of the book I was astonished about people coming out of their bodies. Then I remembered my ex-girlfriend story and just matched them up. She probley never knew it was an OBE. Then I started to research other Astral Projection books and I noticed some of the authors would meditate to perform OBES. Then I remember about my meditation. Please help what kind of meditation did I tap into? And two more things happed in my life I was sitting on my bed and I felf 4 human taps on my shoulder . I jump up and looked around and no one was around. Also this year I woke up on my bed and before I could open my eyes I felt a presence near my bed , then all of a sudden I was frozen and couldn't move my body or speak. I felt like Someone put a pillow over my face and a POWERFULL PRESSURE pushing me down. I was helpless then I started to pray and the pressure got violent and it seemed as I was going to be pushed through the bed . All of a sudden it stopped and I could open my eyes. I was afraid to go to bed the next night. This pressure was so powerful that it did not belong here on earth. Please tell me and explain what the hell was that?

Korpo
27th April 2007, 09:40 PM
What I describe now could be your "knock" phenomenon - but there are other options as well, and I do not pretend to know them all or their likeliness:

Meditation can lead into a trance state, a state of consciousness that has a different flair of reality. There can be a falling sensation, a warm, fuzzy, sleep-like feeling spreading, your inner "space" may shrink or expand. There are many signs for different depths of trance.

When in deep trance, you often can hear astral noise. Astral noise can sound like moving furniture, or knocks. These are auditory illusions, I don't know their origins, but Robert describes them very well. Every time I enter a Hemi-Sync induced Focus 10 trance I get sounds that remind me of someone moving heavy furniture about.

On the exit also a phenomenon is known called the "Dweller on the Threshold". It is described differently, but it is a figure described often with glowing eyes, reported in part of the OBE "population" on first exits or exit attempts. It may stay there, or advance on you, or even warn you with a spoken message, but usually vanishes quite quickly if confronted. Robert has written something as well.

It is quite possible to awaken in the OBE or pre-OBE state. Turning away could have triggered a reentry. Many explanations are possible. If the both above are the right ones, nothing is to be feared.

Please be aware that other. paranormal phenomena exist as well that could show in a similar way, and I have named them shortly above already. These are more rare, though, and I would not consider them first.

Oliver

ghostly
27th April 2007, 09:46 PM
Thank you very much Oliver I appreciate the feedback.

Korpo
27th April 2007, 09:53 PM
De nada, ghostly.

Robert's book "Astral Dynamics" is a good guide on these things. ;)

Oliver

landru27
27th April 2007, 10:31 PM
... All of a sudden my bedroom door started pounding . I knew it wasnt human because my mom would just open the door without knocking. It was a different kind of knock and soo erie that I yelled out very loud come in . It took about a minute before I opened the door. No one was around . I checked under the beds the closet and every room . There was no one. ...
I want to second what Korpo said in his reply. As soon as I read your initial post, I thought of the following quote from Robert Bruce in Astral Dynamics:

... I have been tricked out of the conscious exit many, many times, especially during my first few years of conscious-exit projection
This quote appears at the end of the introductory notes in a section called Astral Noises and Other Things That Go Bump in the Night, in chapter 34, Fear and Astral Noises, in which he descibes a wide variety of very loud, very real-seeming noises, exactly like what you described.

If you don't have a copy of Astral Dynamics, I highly recommend it. It could help you greatly in gaining conscious control and knowledge over what sounds like a natural ability to project out-of-body.

ghostly
30th April 2007, 08:27 PM
Thank you landru27 I just bought the book today. Thank you for your help.

CFTraveler
30th April 2007, 08:44 PM
If you look at the AD pedia there are sections explainig these phenomenon. In Exit Sensations, Dweller on the Threshold, and Unwanted Exit symptoms.

ghostly
2nd May 2007, 11:25 AM
Thank you CFTraveler . I have a question , while I was trying to blank out my mind to perform an OBE I kept getting distracted because of shortness of breath. Every time I would lose my breath, I would jerk out trance . How can I prevent this from happening? I also noticed my heart pounding .

Korpo
2nd May 2007, 11:41 AM
Hello, ghostly.

The heart center can feel like the heart pounding. It is often reported to be triggered to pound heavily and fast when the pre-OBE vibrations start. If in doubt, abort your attempt and immediately feel your pulse while staying calm.

About the breath - this sounds like you are tensing up. If you focus on your breath, try not to control it, but observe it. Too narrow a focus may introduce tension, tension reduces volume and create unease, unease creates distraction.

Can you describe how you work with your breath in your own words?

Oliver

CD27
2nd May 2007, 11:57 AM
ghostly,

This is my fear for OBE as well. I have also attempted several OBE and AP in the past few years, and each time have come close, but something/someone has pulled me out of it, as if to protect me from some other force. This correlates to a prophetic dream that came true right before my very eyes which had two Angels in it fighting a snake...classical representation of Satan. I am a Christian and the Angel told me strait up who i am, why i was so important to God, and why i must be protected.

For this reason i no longer attempt or practice psi or OBE/AP, because of the vulnerability one is in once they exist their physical body. I do, however, understand quite a bit about this field and can help you greatly if you'll listen.

First, this person may or may not be an evil entity, i don't know. You must understand that beings from the Astral Realm really don't take on physical forms that are 'normal' for them, so their representation to you can sometimes come out as frightening. The fact that it was standing by your bed meant one thing: it was for YOU and no one else. This shows YOUR importance. Did the woman say anything that you can remember? What was she DOING? Did she seem frightened at any time, or was she stern with her message? These are important questions, but i'm afraid that the true identity of the being may not be conclusive.

CD

landru27
2nd May 2007, 08:31 PM
For this reason i no longer attempt or practice psi or OBE/AP, because of the vulnerability one is in once they exist their physical body.
Based on my understanding of what Robert Bruce has written in his book Astral Dynamics, he has a very different take on a person's vulnerabilty while out-of-body. He specifically states that one's physical body is less vulnerable when in the trance state, and that genuine threats to one's spirit body are exceedingly rare.

By "vulnerability", did you mean a person's physical body, or a person's spirit, or both?

Also, please tell us what you know about ways in which one is vulnerable while out-of-body.

I do, however, understand quite a bit about this field and can help you greatly if you'll listen.
(The following is not meant as a challenge; I am sincerely curious.) How did you come to understand about this realm if you don't practice OoBE/AP? Is there another method you use for learning about it all? Like most any other subject matter, experience would seem crucial to knowledge; do you have another way of gaining this experience?

CD27
3rd May 2007, 02:42 PM
For this reason i no longer attempt or practice psi or OBE/AP, because of the vulnerability one is in once they exist their physical body.
Based on my understanding of what Robert Bruce has written in his book Astral Dynamics, he has a very different take on a person's vulnerabilty while out-of-body. He specifically states that one's physical body is less vulnerable when in the trance state, and that genuine threats to one's spirit body are exceedingly rare.

By "vulnerability", did you mean a person's physical body, or a person's spirit, or both?

Also, please tell us what you know about ways in which one is vulnerable while out-of-body.

Well, please allow me to correct something here. When i speak of vulnerability i do not speak of the physical body, i speak of the spiritual body. Because we are not protected by a separation from the astral realm, we are wide open for any attacks any other beings in that realm wish on us. These attacks can manifest in the physical if the attacker is skilled enough, but mostly it would be psionically manifested attacks solely on the spiritual and the mind of the spiritual. Possession can take place, but is not common. For me, personally, i've had my own experience that shows that i do not need to AP or OBE. I've attempted it, came VERY close several times, but each time something/someone else stops me. i don't know who or what it is, i have my suspisions, but i do know WHY it is, which is why i have stopped my attemptions. For some of you, you're not religious, you may or may not believe in a God, and even if you do believe in a God, your God may or may not be the Christian God. Mine is, and i have my reasons for believing so that are evidentual and factual (i wasn't lead into my faith through pressure or family bringing up like many are), but i will not pursue into religious debate/discussion for respect of the members on this board who do not believe or would find themselves offended for some reason or another.

I will, however, answer your question, with which the answer requires my input from my faith, so, if it is offensive, please know that that was not my intention, i am merely answering the question that was asked of me.

I do, however, understand quite a bit about this field and can help you greatly if you'll listen.
(The following is not meant as a challenge; I am sincerely curious.) How did you come to understand about this realm if you don't practice OoBE/AP? Is there another method you use for learning about it all? Like most any other subject matter, experience would seem crucial to knowledge; do you have another way of gaining this experience?

In this you are absolutely correct landru, and i commend you for it as many others have asked me the same question. It's a very difficult question for me to answer, because some people refuse to believe it, for me, i know it's true beyond the shout of a doubt. To me it's not a matter of belief or acknowledgment, it's a matter of use and understanding. for some of you, you will not believe what i am about to tell you, for others your eyes will be widened and opened, i have no idea how you will react to my story, but know that i tell the truth in everything i am about to say, no matter how rediculous it may or may not sound.

Have you ever had a time where you were just trying to think of something you thought of before and it just won't come to your mind? you know it's there, but you just can't get it. Then, all the sudden, it just kind of "pop's" in your head and you're like, "Oh yea! that's what it was!". Most of you have experienced this before. my experience wasn't a sper-of-the-moment thin, it lasted FOUR years constantly and it wasn't that i was trying to think of anything, and it wasn't that i knew it or thought of it once before...it was completely new to me.

I would be sitting in class, working, doing homework, ANYTHING but thinking of some of the things that would just randomly 'pop' in my head. For example, i'll be taking a math test (and the way i think, i focus completely on one thing, ensuring absolute satisfaction and quick work) and this idea would just pop its way in my head. Yea, some of you are laughing right now...but just wait a second, you'll see why i stopped laughing myself. these ideas would just come to my mind randomly, without warning, and i was intriged by them, so i wrote them down, not having the time to stop my hard work to really think much on them. Within four years i've typed up to 300 pages of material that somehow just popped into my head. if you don't believe me...take a look here (http://www.psineticforums.phpbbweb.com/psineticforums-ftopic4.html) to see the entire writing. I am sorry it's so discrete, i haven't really had much time to do the massive research that i need to do to help others understand it better.

There were a few interesting facts about it though. First, i wasn't the least bit interested in science, i really wasn't. I'd never read or done any research on anything like this. When i got these ideas, for the most part, i really didn't understand them, so i just wrote them down one by one. some of the i understood, but i never really got the whole picture. About halfway through this i finally got time to read over some of it. As i read it was like reading a book. it was phenomenal. there was nothing said that should have been in the back that was in the front and vice versa. it was amazing. as i read it, in the same form that the thoughts originally came to me, i also began to understand the material read. For some of you, this would seem as no big deal...just wait till you see what they were.

Edit:

This Theory Has Been Deleted Because of Data Change and Change of Heart. Sorry For The Inconvenience This May Have Caused.

Eric Wright, Author

Tempestinateapot
3rd May 2007, 08:31 PM
There are many common experiences that OBE attempters have. Fear is probably the biggest one, because it is not "normal" to leave your body. So, just about anything that happens can turn into a fearful situation.

The "Dweller on the Threshold" is so common and no one is in danger from it. Even after having OBE'd, and read all about it, the first time Dweller happened to me, it scared the livin' daylights out of me. Common symptoms are feeling someone is in the room with you (usually just your projected double...in other words - you in a different form), feeling a pressure on your chest or body, actually seeing a form that looks human in shape...or something else, sometimes with red eyes, sometimes not, feeling or hearing someone breathing next to you (it's usually your physical body doing the breathing).

Hearing "noises" is so common it's almost laughable. People talking, music, drums, whispering, calling your name, radio static...you name it, it's been heard. This is called "astral noise". Again, it's nothing to be afraid of and is extremely common.

Also, a feeling of being pulled out of your body by someone else is common. It's not someone else. It's just a symptom of astral projecting. There is often an actual physical feeling of pressure when you are in the process of exiting. It can come from your feet, your heart, or the crown of your head, most commonly. You can actually have a pulling or an exiting feeling from any part of your body.

Your heart can speed up. Usually, it's your heart chakra. It can have a strobe like feeling or feel like it's beating out of your chest, or I sometimes get a pulsing, spinning heart chakra feeling. Like a disk is turning rapidly, then suddenly slowing down, then speeding up again with each spin. Your actual pulse can speed up, too, just because of the excitement or fear.

So many myths and fears have been built up around all this. It's because people don't understand what's happening, so it must be the boogey-man, right? Or Satan. Or some creature come to get you. When there's a simple explanation, why not assume it's that? If it's something different, you'll have plenty of time to deal with it later. But, I recommend assuming the simplest explanation...it's normal for the experience.

Dweller on the Threshold:
http://www.saltcube.com/out-of-body/cha ... ?t=sp-fear (http://www.saltcube.com/out-of-body/chat-forum/viewTopic.jsp?t=sp-fear)

OBE Fear, Exit Sensations:
http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=7304
http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials ... inID=274#6 (http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=65&BulletinID=274#6)
http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials ... etinID=481 (http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=111&BulletinID=481)

Astral Noises, Hypnagogia:
http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewto ... tral+noise (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=1985&highlight=astral+noise)
In Astral Dynamics, p.512-513, Robert Bruce writes:

I believe there are two possible causes for astral noises:
Accidental: It is possible that natural sounds and voices are picked up by the heightened senses of the projecting double, as it tunes into parts of the local real-time or astral environment during the prelude to an exit….
Deliberate: Another possibility is that some astral noises are deliberately produced and telepathically aimed at projectors by low order astral wildlife. Robert Bruce
Dealing with Astral Noises: Any and all astral noises must be totally ignored during the exit stage of an OBE. Robert Bruce

Waking/Sleep Paralysis:
http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials ... inID=274#1 (http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=65&BulletinID=274#1)
http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials ... etinID=472 (http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=111&BulletinID=472)

Sensations
http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials ... inID=274#2 (http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=65&BulletinID=274#2)
Astral Sensations, Hypnoagogia, Wikipedia Definition:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

Vibrations
Exit Sensations/Vibrations:
http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials ... inID=274#2 (http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=65&BulletinID=274#2)