PDA

View Full Version : Hyperhidrosis and Energy Body...

taiwan_steeler
27th April 2007, 10:21 AM
My name is Kevin. I have a question for Mr Robert Bruce. I am suffering from excessive sweating called "Hyperhidrosis". I sweat A LOT in the palms and feet whenever i feel nervous or excited. Sometimes they just come out even when i'm alone relaxing, watching tv, reading etc. for no apparent reason. This is too embarrassing especially when making contact with other people like shaking their hands. I've been suffering from this since i was a teenager. I just want to ask you whether this has anything to do with my energy body. Whenever the sweating occurs, i always feel warm and tingling sensations around the palms area underside each finger, I can feel this "ENERGY" like there was a small invinsible magnetic field around my palms but at the same time my feet feels oppositely different - cold! I wonder if this is normal and from energy related point of view, am i a natural born active-energy type of person or is there something wrong with my energy circuit? I appreciate your opinion on this matter. thanks!

CFTraveler
27th April 2007, 02:29 PM
Dear Kevin: I moved your topic here because I wanted to answer it. I will put a note in the 'Ask Robert' section to make sure he sees it when he has time. Even though the physical facts of your condition are not my opinion, my ideas on the energy body and it's relationship are, so please take it as such.
Hyperhydrosis: While doctors don't know why excessive sweating starts, the most likely cause is a genetic one. They have successfully linked it to over-activity in the sympathetic nervous system. Specifically, it is the Thoracic Sympathetic Ganglion Chain, which runs along the vertebra of the spine inside the chest cavity.

This chain controls the glands, known as the apocrine and eccrine glands, responsible for perspiration throughout the entire body. The eccrine sweat glands are mainly concentrated in the palms of the hands and soles of the feet. In most cases, the hands and feet are affected. To a lesser degree, the face and armpit (axillae) regions are affected. Another manifestation of the hyperactive sympathetic activity is facial blushing.

It used to be a common thought that excessive hand sweating is caused by over activity of the thyroid gland but over the years it was proven not to be the case. Another thought was that patients who suffered from anxiety problems would have excessive hand sweating. This was also proven to be wrong as patients can have severe palmar Hyperhidrosis (hand sweating) even in the most relaxing moments of their life.

Sometimes people sweat heavily because of other illnesses such as hyperthyroidism, psychiatric disorders, menopause and obesity. These causes must first be ruled out before Primary Hyperhidrosis can be diagnosed. Quoted from:

http://www.sweaty-palms.com/sympt.html

This quote is for those who read this that don't know what it is.
If I understand the article correctly, it seems that the condition is due to endocrine gland hyperactivity, a specific gland group. In general, energy work tends to stimulate energy problems at first, causing a worsening of symptoms and with use balance them out for other types of problems, so provided the problems were from energy imbalances, I suppose that trying energy work for reaching some kind of balance might help- however, to say that your energy body is causing your problem at a specific level would be taking a guess. Some eastern point of views see the energy body as the precursor for the physical body, but sometimes it's hard to figure out if an illness causes problems in it, or the other way around.
I know this is not really an answer, but one way to test it is to try it, and let us know what happens. This really wouldn't prove anything, but I can't imagine how it would hurt, provided you drink lots of water and whatever other measures your medical practicioner recommends.

taiwan_steeler
30th April 2007, 05:12 AM
Yeah thanks man..i appreciate your response. there are many people out there who have the same problem as mine. yours is from medical science point of view. i think that there must be some kind of connection between the nervous system (that caused this hyperhidrosis) and energy body. that's the main reason why i wanna have mr bruce's opinion. i have heard a lot of stories on some of the neural related disease can be cured with energy body. but anyway thanks for your opinion.

CFTraveler
30th April 2007, 01:33 PM
Well, the link to here is still in the 'ask Robert' section.

Robert Bruce
29th April 2008, 11:16 PM
G'day,

I think your condition would respond to energy work and self healing. Regardless of its actual physical cause, your condition will respond to improvements in your energy body.

I recommend my new book, Energy Work, for this. It focuses on self healing and will provide everything you need.

See front page of my website http://www.astraldynamics.com for more details and ordering information..

Robert

Yeah thanks man..i appreciate your response. there are many people out there who have the same problem as mine. yours is from medical science point of view. i think that there must be some kind of connection between the nervous system (that caused this hyperhidrosis) and energy body. that's the main reason why i wanna have mr bruce's opinion. i have heard a lot of stories on some of the neural related disease can be cured with energy body. but anyway thanks for your opinion.