PDA

View Full Version : dodgy sensations at base chakra...suggestions plz

jbarry
30th April 2007, 02:00 PM
Hi there folks...hope ur keepin good.

Well at the moment ive been finding energy work extremely difficult to continue with, due to the fact that it seems like the more I do it the more i become disheartened at just how blocked up my whole energy body is.

However im not here to complain :) The thing is my base chakra used to throb nicely when stimulated...but now when i stimulate it, even my bum, upper thighs n all below genitals it feels mega damaged...it's like even if my awareness moves there the tiniest little bit its like energy overload n my physical body in the area twitches like crazy n energetically it just sorta fuzzes out (best way to describe).

worrying thing is before it was just at the base now it seems to be in my thighs also.

So i guess i was hopin if you guys have got any ideas why this could have appeared. no matter how much work i do it on it, it never changes just fuzzes out so to speak.

Any suggestions.

Jase

hasalameth
30th April 2007, 03:03 PM
I know this may not be the advice you want to hear, but I suggest laying down all energy work and similar exercises for a week or so. This is what RB says in the book all the time, if something feels "too much", taking a break will hopefully solve it, aswell as many grounding activities, such as sporting, spending time in nature, eating meat, planting and doing grounding exercises (which is energy work too :) ).

I experienced some emotional and mental imbalance after the chakra work week, and even though it was small, I felt like I didn't want to "disturb" my delicate energy system, so I took a break.

Maybe the pro's here can give you better advice, but this is what I would do.

Good luck m8!

jbarry
30th April 2007, 04:55 PM
thanks for your reply....well thats the problem see its been there a while. gettin on six weeks...n ive left it for like a month.

ive just found its connected to a large blockage that runs through the whole of my right leg and then wraps around my big toe to a point on the underside of the end of my toe. My toe feels like somethins stuck to it there and when i stimulate that i was feelin warmth in my hip and around my bum.

Korpo
30th April 2007, 05:22 PM
Hello, jbarry.

That sounds like a blocked liver/gallbladder channel - these meet at the right toe.

Unfortunately energy work is like that - you start, and it seems easy enough, but as you build sensitivity you notice how blocked you are. Do not lose hope! :)

It is not called energy work for nothing, it is not a miracle cure. As you work with the blockages - I recommend NEW's Etheric Wrap for that - and make them go, you may even find deeper and deeper layers of blockage. Send their energy to sub-navel storage or below your feet, and with continued work these things get better and better.

I work on my right shoulder for half a year, and it is getting soft and pliable. It is working, but patience is the key. Just cease and desist when you for example get burning sensations or feel exhausted, know your limits.

Take good care,
Oliver

jbarry
1st May 2007, 10:51 AM
ok thanks...i guess persistance is key...i'll just avoid my base chakra for now and hope it will clear up with time.

Korpo
1st May 2007, 11:24 AM
Jase,

please remember that when you do secondary circuit work like all the non-chakra NEW actions you are building a stronger energy body for better effect in chakra work. Also unblocking these blockages should give you better energy flow and health, and ease energy work and meditation in the long run.

Besides, the initial areas you describe as "damaged" - the "bum", upper thighs and pelvic bottom are part of a complex called the Kua in Chinese. The Kua consists of the muscles of the lower back, the pelvis and the anterior upper thighs. A lot of power is generated in Taiji from this area, it also house major pumps for distributing the lymph through the body, a secrete important for the immune system only moved by muscle activity.

There are Qigong - and I am sure Yoga as well - movements for strengthening and loosening up the Kua, working with bends in the Kua and rotating at the hip (in different exercises of course). These strengthen the pelvic complex and integrate the upper body better with the lower body, which the Kua is the "hinge" for.

An area feeling damaged when doing energy work is not necessarily damaged to that extent. It is similar to looking with a lens at things - they get magnified. The etheric body has no other ways of expressing itself than the physical body - the nervous system interprets such things as pain and uneasiness. These sensations cease with additional energy work and neutralising that energy.

Please follow your own intuitions about how much is enough and especially if you are overdoing it.

Take good care,
Oliver

CFTraveler
1st May 2007, 12:06 PM
Korpo wrote:

Besides, the initial areas you describe as "damaged" - the "bum", upper thighs and pelvic bottom are part of a complex called the Kua in Chinese. The Kua consists of the muscles of the lower back, the pelvis and the anterior upper thighs. A lot of power is generated in Taiji from this area, it also house major pumps for distributing the lymph through the body, a secrete important for the immune system only moved by muscle activity. That explains why moving energy through the upper thighs helps me feel better from colds and the like. Thanks for explaining that.

jbarry
1st May 2007, 12:11 PM
well, since i used to be very active (running everyday) and now i hardly ever do anything physical..maybe that has something to do with it.

Do you think that a change in physical activities would affect the energy body in this way

Aunt Clair
3rd May 2007, 08:37 AM
Definitely . If you are not in condition to return to running begin with toning stretching and swimming and build back up . But also try deep cleansing breaths .

The major purge of energy is behind the heart and at the heel .When these become blocked then the body builds up toxins . By running the cardiovascular workout naturally exhales the stale prana and negativity but by giving it up , you can expect the body misses it .

As we age , we cannot keep up the physical conditioning of youth but by then we should have learned to stretch and breathe properly to sustain health and to continue to improve the energy body . Most people can safely begin swimming and gentle stretching even after major surgery and old age set in . A young person who has given up on a sport due to the end of the season or job responsibilities or injuries will typically suffer energy body set backs . Just begin again at whatever level you are capable and work up again .

The human energy body improves with age and does not decline as we grow old unless we allow it too .

Deep cleansing breaths from crown down followed by raising energy from the feet up will help all of your centres to work efficiently . This needs to be done twice a day at least .When you rise and before you sleep is recommended . If you are smoking cut back or give it up .

http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/ ... 158.0.html (http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/index.php/topic,1158.0.html)

Korpo
3rd May 2007, 09:06 AM
Most people can safely begin swimming and gentle stretching even after major surgery and old age set in .

I totally agree - I love to swim myself.

Taiji and Qigong have lots of exercises including a gentle stretch, and these can be combined with energy work to optimise the muscle tone and length.

Energy work combined with body work usually achieves a state of equilibrium between muscle and tendon which allows the system to stay in a relaxed state, reduces nervous strain/tension and allows better circulation of bodily fluids and energy. The body knows the state it wants to be in - gentle methods are a road of re-discovery in this.

While my personal physical condition still has much to improve, I combine gentle stretching for body discovery and easing my biomechanics into good basics and re-moving the toxins (through the lymph systems), energy work to unclog the associated energy body and release blockages and relax tissue, and swimming for building stamina and cardio-vascular capacity. I think this is a good long-term strategy.

Qigong can be done sitting, standing, lying down - so can NEW. Even Taiji forms exist to be done while sitting or when bound to a wheelchair - but unfortunately it is hard to find a qualified teacher for this. Lying and sitting practices can build the basic abilities for the standing, and standing energy work is one of the "secrets" of Chinese martial artists to develop a lot of power. Movement completes this learning process.

Take good care,
Oliver