PDA

View Full Version : Binaural Beat Secrets

pjyothi
30th April 2007, 05:19 PM
Hi all,

This is Jyothi.I gone through this website and found some various information about Binaural beat Tips by using this, Binaural beat is that the brain will react to certain perceived tones as if they actually represent one tone or sound that actually occurred naturally or physically.. we have a site same.
link deleted by moderatorwhich provides a great info about Binaural beat.

Tom
30th April 2007, 06:34 PM
There is a policy here about posting addresses of web sites before you have a certain number of posts, so your reference to http://www.binauralbeatsecrets.com/ is likely to be taken out of your post here. It doesn't look like anything is actually being sold - it seems to be just articles about binaural beats - so that minimum would be 10 posts. If you were giving an address to a commercial site, the minimum would be 20 posts. The things you post have to have more content to them than "lol" or "I agree". I got here before the moderators did and took note of the site because it really does seem to be worth discussing.

To begin with, it seems to be saying that binaural beats are not effective unless the sine wave tones used to create them are fairly high - 1000 to 1500 Hz, I think it said. It also says that there is a limit to the beat frequency of 30 Hz. The commercial site http://www.centerpointe.com sells a program of binaurals which start at a carrier frequency "at or below 120 Hz" and they sell headphones which respond down to 5 Hz because their binaurals actually end up using carrier frequencies around 5 Hz. Also, they have a binaural CD which they consider to supplement their regular program of binaural CDs which has a beat frequency of 40 Hz - the gamma band of brainwave frequencies. I have also seen references to beat frequencies generated with binaurals of over 200 Hz. With the cost of EEG machines continuing to go down, many small companies are now using them to verify the effectiveness of their products for causing entrainment.

journyman161
19th May 2007, 12:15 PM
Actually, (& don't take this wrong) the site is quite disappointing - it looks like there is info there but I've just spent half an hour going through the links & it's about as in-depth as a daily newspaper article. Many of the navigation links point to the same pages. After 30 minutes I didn't really find any secrets about binaural beats.

The links provided that I checked also go to pages that, while interesting, seem to be infomercial articles.

I found more info here (http://www.xtrememind.com/Frequency_list.htm) A nice & useful list gathered from a range of sources.

Tom
20th May 2007, 02:10 AM
I'm trying to be nice about it. Actually, I think it is a waste of bandwidth, but it is better to let people see for themselves. It looked to me like the author really was trying, which has to count for something.

journyman161
20th May 2007, 02:16 AM
I realise Tom. But 1 post, to promote a site that mainly has infomercial links rather than in-depth information, I figured to save others the time I spent looking.