PDA

View Full Version : Hemi-Sync Experience

greatman07
30th April 2007, 08:28 PM
Hi! I just recently started using the Hemi-Sync Gateway Experience program. It is a GREAT program. While I am only into the Orientation and Intro to Focus 10 part, I notice that I get dreamlike visualizations into my head that just seem to pop in my brain and just as quickly leave out. I read the manual and found out that this is normal. I am having a few problems, however. I can never fully get into the exercise, and I am having difficulty reaching the Focus 3 state of "unified mind and brain". What is Focus 3 supposed to feel like? Not only that, but I can't fully relax to get into the Focus 10. I REALLY want to get into this program, but I am having difficulties achieving these states. I am NOT at the point of frustration yet, but any help would be greatly appreciated! :D :D

Korpo
30th April 2007, 08:30 PM
Somehow I have the inkling about Focus 3 that you should feel nothing more than a bit more focused. I never felt that much within it. Focus 10 is quite a different thing - all signs of trance, etc.

What problems do you have in reaching Focus 10?

Oliver

greatman07
30th April 2007, 08:45 PM
For some reason, I can never fully relax my body to get into the state. I follow the part where it says to relax all of the parts of your head and then send this to other parts of your body, but I don't know how to do that. Plus, the audio guidance leaves me no way on how to do this.

CFTraveler
30th April 2007, 08:48 PM
Have you considered using other relaxation techniques before you go into it? If you take a look at the MAP threads, the guys that are currently doing the program are detailing their practices pretty well. Maybe they have described the relaxation methods in it, especially in the first part of the program. It may be a good thing to check out.

greatman07
30th April 2007, 08:52 PM
Thank you for the info, and I will definitely go check it out. Are there any threads you know of within that forum that have useful information? I have the Hemi-Sync Cloudscapes CD, and I was wondering, should I listen to that before attempting an exercise from the Gateway Experience?

Korpo
30th April 2007, 08:55 PM
Yeah, relaxation is hard to do if you don't know how. I still have problems with it, but somehow I never had with attaining Focus 10.

I just listened to the track "Intro to Focus 10" and Robert says "Relax. Let xy go limp". Try to focus on that body part with your attention, but do not tense up. Smiling while doing this help - smiling, not grinning! ;)

Release the jaw, drop it a bit. Say within yourself "Relax. Go limp. Fall asleep." to your jaw. If you feel a warm, fuzzy feeling spreading, allow it to. It is the sleep/trance response.

Relaxing is hard if you cannot do it "naturally", I know. Try to be easy on yourself. Let go of these things, and try again and again, but not too much. Write down every success you feel you had so you don't forget. You might find the clue how to relax this way.

Take good care,
Oliver

greatman07
30th April 2007, 08:58 PM
Thank you very much. Any other suggestions?

CFTraveler
5th May 2007, 11:12 PM
http://www.astraldynamics.com/search.as ... enceID=269 (http://www.astraldynamics.com/search.asp?Search=relaxation&Type=1&ReferenceID=269)
Under 'Calming the Mind'. I highlighted 'relaxation' to make it easier to find.

greatman07
7th May 2007, 07:06 AM
Thank you very much :) .

Deadliner
30th May 2007, 07:49 PM
Hello there,

after listening to Wave I and Wave II, I think that most of the excercises are, like any other relaxation or hypnosis ones, expecting you to enter the desired states mostly because you're instructed too. Also, there is no absolut description about what each Focus is, so it's up to the listener to decide if he/she really *is* in that Focus, which greatly depends on their expectation.

For example, being a bwgen user some years ago and having achieved some nice trance states utilizing the delta frequency range, I expected the Hemi-Sync excercises to take me to a deep trance and then do the work. So I was also suprised when I was instruced to go in Focus 3 and didn't feel much different. I just think that, as others have stated, Focus 3 is the state of mind that just listens to binaural beats.

The same happened with Focus 12. I didn't see much difference in me between this and Focus 10. Perhaps it's the state that you just try to feel your consciousness expanding, whatever this means to you.

It's true that all this may lead the listener to beleive that he's doing something wrong, and lack of thorough documentation enhances this. But in essence, it seems to me that you just have to go with the flow, and progress through the excercises, after establishing some goof Focus 10 state. It doesn't have to be total trance perhaps, just a quite relaxed state.

Most of the Hemi-Sync excercises also seem to work with affirmations, i.e. "in order to reach Focus 10, just say ten inside you / the more you use this method, the more effective it will become". I'm trying to use these methods when I am instructed to go to Focus 10 and Robert Monroe will meet me there, and perhaps day by day I am entering the trance state a bit easier. There are many times that when Monroe's voice kicks in again for the rest of the excercise (after being in the desired Focus) that I feel like I'm not there already (could use a few minutes more). But if you go with the flow of the excercise, it seems that you are achieving the state anyways.

In essence, do not feel disappointed if you don't feel deep / heavy trance or had though that the Hemi-Sync will induce some quite deep esoterical states. Perhaps it's the continuous use of the excercises that make it work. After all, these excercises are not in order to project, at least in the lower Waves. They're just preparing us for the projection time, and I beleive that the more we work on the excercises, the readier we will be when the time comes.

Korpo
30th May 2007, 08:12 PM
Hmm, I don't quite agree.

The "it will be easier to reach this state again" things are cues that should help stabilise these states. They take the state your brain has been entrained to and therefore can recognise and combines it with a trigger to reestablish it. It is not so much an affirmation, I'd say. It's part of the entrainment.

The problem with more precise descriptions is that everyone will have a certain variance in experience. The more description you put in the less people will be able to identify - looking at lists and saying "Oh, I missed this, I must have done something wrong". Robert Bruce has provided such lists and stated that you only get part or very few of the symptoms possibly, and still people come asking "Have I done it wrong? I missed symptom X" while having fairly good progress with tranceing. So "giving out the info" does not seem to cancel the problems for some people. Less expectations are really good. :)

As as I can see Focus 12 is already a projection state. This feeling of the body/space expanding described somewhere in the booklet sounds very much like awareness of the etheric body. Also the exercises seem to be like that. This is the 2nd body with Monroe. Then there are exit techniques trained in Focus 12, and this would be the switch from 2nd to 3rd body or the actual astral projection. This is all developed from Focus 12 in Wave III. Wave II actually starts energy work which can help preparing the energy body for projection - the Energy Bar Tool or the Living Body Map.

Oliver