PDA

View Full Version : What was your first-ever remembered dream?

sono
4th May 2007, 05:50 AM
I was wondering if anyone would like to share the first dream they can recall having had as a small child?

Mine was of a Victorian-dressed wolf knocking at the front door with a basket of wooden clothes pegs for sale. I was terrified & climbed onto the dining table where my mother was sewing; I could still see the wolf through the window, grinning at me - but my mohter just kept on at her sewing-machine. . . . I've never forgotten that wolf!

snick
4th May 2007, 01:01 PM
I think mine was of a blue disembodied hand that lived in the toilet. It was a recurring dream. In the dream I would be walking around the house and hear something in the bathroom. Investigating what I heard this blue hand would crawl out of it's home (the toilet) and chase me around the house. It was terrifying at the time :?

Korpo
4th May 2007, 01:05 PM
I think it was this nightmare - I was trapped on a ghostship about to sink. It was old and rotten. Everything was in a sickly, ghostly green, the whole scene, like the light was green, the ship was brownish-dark, no sky, only clouds.

I heard a wailing from the hold, it freaked me out.

Soap foam was creeping up the ship, converting everything it touched to soap.

* shudder *

;)

Oliver

CFTraveler
4th May 2007, 01:07 PM
I'm pretty sure mine was 'fish swimming in the air' around me in my crib. My mother informs me there was a fish mobile on top of my crib, which kind of explains it, since we didn't have a fish tank in the house, and I still sometimes dream of fish swimming through the air at night. It is a joyful dream. I probably really liked them.

CFTraveler
4th May 2007, 01:08 PM
Korpo and Snick: Dudes! :shock:

Korpo
4th May 2007, 01:10 PM
Yes, ma'am? ;)

I have had funnier dreams - one involving the main characters of M.A.S.H. at a dinner party right in the local Woolworth's clothes department, but they are surely not my first ones. :D

It is funny sitting next to HawkEye, I say.

Oliver

Rain, iF
4th May 2007, 06:32 PM
Mine was something along the lines of me playing with legos and flying around in a little basket with a helicopter blade on top in my cousins 2nd grade music room. Then suddenly I would be in my livingroom (at the time) and then a jeep came crashing into my livingroom and the headlights would turn on really brightly, and it always woke me up. (recurring dream) and the headlights always ended up being my mom turning on the light to wake me up.

That was most certainly not my first dream but it's the first one I remember. Hahaha.

hasalameth
4th May 2007, 06:57 PM
I've had so freaky dreams that word usually cannot explain them, but there are two dreams (one is/was a recurring nightmare) that I remember vividly...

The recurring nightmare-ish one is short, simple yet super terrifying :) - I am sitting in the sofa in my childhood home, mindng my own business, watching TV or something, and my mother comes from a far away part of the house, and walks into a room just next to the livingroom where I sit. I don't really care of course. After a while there is another mother that comes from another part of the house and walks up in front of me, looking all robotish / mindless zombie-ish and just stands there watching me. I know something bad is about to happen, I know either this one standing in front of me, or the first version of my mom is a clone, a ghost or some other form of evil copy. Just when I think this thought, the first mom comes back and stands right next to the 2nd one. I can't move or shout, I am too scared. Then a third mom comes from another part of the house and the three of them stand in front of me and just look at me with cold, evil eyes and faces, and then, as if on cue, they start closing in on me, I have nowhere to go or run, and they start - tickling me. :lol: I know it sounds silly, but when you're five years old and being tickled to death by three evil clones of your mother, it freaks you out!

the other one is when I was sitting in the sandbox near my house, all alone, and a huge owl comes and lifts me up, flies me up high and then lets go of me, and we fly together watching down on my neighbourhood (it was in incredible detail!) and when we pass over my house, I all of a sudden lose the flight ability and see and feel myself falling through all the floors in my house until I land in my sleeping body, waking up with a strong jerk, and since I was sleeping in a water bed, the waves that came from me jerking made me think that I had been flying for real, so for years I thought I had been out flying that day, that was how vivid it all felt. now I actually think this was a childhood SOBE.

psych the first dream if you dare! :twisted:

snick
4th May 2007, 07:21 PM
Strange... We seem to have a theme going here that most first remembered dreams are nightmarish (except for CFT, probably because she's so sweet :wink: ).

hasalameth
4th May 2007, 07:33 PM
makes sense, the memory marks all the stuff with fear in it, I guess it's a survival thing. but except for that nightmare and some similar, I almost never have nor have had any nightmares at all.

CFTraveler
4th May 2007, 07:44 PM
Strange... We seem to have a theme going here that most first remembered dreams are nightmarish (except for CFT, probably because she's so sweet :wink: ). I know some people that wouldn't agree with you...

sono
7th May 2007, 04:54 AM
I think it was this nightmare - I was trapped on a ghostship about to sink. It was old and rotten. Everything was in a sickly, ghostly green, the whole scene, like the light was green, the ship was brownish-dark, no sky, only clouds.

* shudder *

;)

Oliver

Sounds scarily like the becalmed ship in the poem "The Ancient Mariner " by Samuel Taylor Coleridge - apart from the soapy aspect - freaky!

Korpo
7th May 2007, 05:44 AM
Soap was always burning my eyes during hairwashing, so it was a good add-on, nightly horror-wise. ;)

Oliver

blacktiger057
9th May 2007, 12:17 AM
My first dream was that my dad was standing by my bed. But then he morphed into a gorilla(looked like King Kong, but regular size and twice as threatening) He/It approached me and stood by my bed, as if trying to lure me out of the safety of the blue shield that surrounded my bed. I was screaming and was terrified. I heard a roar and a cat like being attacked and killed this gorilla man. I woke up crying.

CFTraveler
9th May 2007, 01:18 AM

* shudder *

;)

Oliver

Sounds scarily like the becalmed ship in the poem "The Ancient Mariner " by Samuel Taylor Coleridge - apart from the soapy aspect - freaky! Or humorously like the 'Chocolate sailor' episode in the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. Sorry, my goofy attack hasn't passed yet.

Serenity
10th May 2007, 10:33 AM
I had a lot of nightmares as a child. It's no wonder I first went OBE at a young age.

The first one I can remember was looking at my aunt's house at night and seeing the skeletons of the entire family laid neatly out on their front lawn. I then walked to the elementary school which wasn't far from where they lived and just stared as I watched ghosts wreak havoc in and around the building.

Then the school morphed into a tower. I could see through the outer wall, so it looked like half a tower to my view. My family was inside and I watched, helpless, as a gigantic brown bear killed my father.

Yeah..... :?

hasalameth
10th May 2007, 11:04 AM
A lot of our first night mares seem to include our familymembers. Maybe we are just "getting to know" them in a more subconscious way.

Serenity
10th May 2007, 11:33 AM
Ah, the things I could say in response...

I think my nightmares, which weren't especially scary to me even then, were expressions of ways for me to be free of my family, albeit violent methods. That might paint me in a bad light, but if you knew my past, you'd understand.

Excaliber
12th May 2007, 05:38 PM
age 3 or 4

the banana man was coming to get me

he had a head like a vulture, a humanoid body and big brown wings.

my mom assured me there was no such thing

Gemma
12th May 2007, 09:52 PM
The very first dream that I recall as a small child (I must have been around 5 years old) - I was sitting in a silver bath tub. It had white or silver wings. It was pitch black but I was flying around in this bath tub.

AnnieO
20th May 2007, 02:06 AM
The first l remember about having a clear dream was before l could walk.
l was having my nappy umm changed by what l think was my mother.
Yet l was standing outside my babyself, and next to me was a Shadow.
Being in two places in the same moment l realized l was not alone.
And l was thinking thoughts as both the baby and the adult.
"Who was watching me, and who was the shadow by my side.
Three being the observer, observing the observation.
Its the fourth that remained quietly with me.
And the fifth was being the other four.
Now thats a lot to wonder with.
For a babe not long berthed.
In 1999 l met the 'shadow'.
Not in the dream.
In awareness.