PDA

View Full Version : Possible ghost picture!

Wrong Eye
7th May 2007, 03:07 AM
I was at a used book store on Tuesday, taking pictures because the decor is awesome.

In one of my pictures, there is something odd. I'm ecstatic because it's the first picture I've ever gotten of a possible ghost. And I love ghost hunting. I'm going to buy equipment as soon as I get the money.

Here it is:

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4951/ghostsb2.th.jpg (http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ghostsb2.jpg)

In thumbnail form, of course.

Wow...

Korpo
7th May 2007, 05:42 AM
You're sure this isn't sunlight reflection? It looks like those reflection effects they often had in movies until the 70s, before they got perfectionistic about lighting.

I'm just asking to make sure. Have you any feeling connected to this?

Oliver

wstein
7th May 2007, 06:53 AM
That's almost certainly a (light) reflection into the lens, not a ghost. Most likely, its the flash. Notice the strong circular highlights on the stuff on the bookshelf.

Wrong Eye
7th May 2007, 07:31 AM
I started thinking about the possibility of a ghost in that area, Korpo, but I don't have any feeling connected to it. It is possible it is a ghost/paranormal thing and I just "picked up" on its presence, but it could have been the flash and I know that very well.

About the light reflection thing: Wouldn't that have produced a lot of orbs, as opposed to one?

hasalameth
7th May 2007, 07:49 AM
I don't feel like commenting on whether this is a ghost pic or not, but I wish to share a very special experience. One of my childhood friend's grandfather passed away some five eyars ago (he was a 6th rank aikido master btw), and at the funeral they took a picture of the casket when his physical body was buried, and on the picture, very angelic-like white stuff skeleton wings appeared just beside the casket. I was so stunned when I saw this, and if you look really closely, there is no explanation for it, what so ever. No reflection could have possibly created such a perfect image of a pair of skeleton wings, perfectly aligned with the casket.

May he RIP.

[edit: clarifying - it appeared directly on the prints from the photo place, it was taken with an old school camera, I saw the original prints, not any digitalized version.]

whitby_jet
7th May 2007, 07:59 AM
I hate to say this, but that looks like a fuzzy orb to me which may well have been caused by dust in front of the lens when the flash went off (I'm assuming you used flash).

I've taken lots of orb photos both deliberately and by chance. It's not unusual to have just one or two in a photo because the dust particles have to be within a particular distance from the lens and within a certain size range. I've seen photos taken outside in desert areas or inside in smoky pubs which have lots of orbs, but usually in a normal room you might find just one in the picture (less dust in the air).

Please don't be upset with me about this - you might have something genuine, I can't say. But I do doubt it, just because orbs are so easily caused by dust.

Whitby Jet

hasalameth
7th May 2007, 09:51 AM
What about skeleton angelic wings?

Beekeeper
7th May 2007, 10:13 AM
Hasalameth, whitby_jet is responding to Wrong Eye's photo. Would your friend mind you scanning the skeleton wing photo and posting it here?

Check out
http://mysticalexplorer.com/index.php?content=orbs.html&title=Orbs%20or%20Not?
for dust causing orbs.

whitby_jet
7th May 2007, 12:55 PM
Sorry for any confusion Hasalameth... as Beekeeper said, I was commenting on Wrong Eye's photo. I would love to view your friends picture if that's possible :)

hasalameth
7th May 2007, 04:35 PM
People people, I knew s/he/it was commenting on the orb, I just wanted to catch and direct the attention of the proffessional towards the other phenomena!

Beekeeper, well, I guess I could, but I would have to sacrifice a lot in order to make him do it - we lost touch some year ago for various reasons, I think it's a mutual silent agreement that has lead to the unwritten law and respect for eachother, saying "I am better off without you, and you are better of without me", calling him up for a far out thing (no offence) like this would sort of break the peace deal and stir up emotions - that's the 2nd reason I wouldn't ask him to do this even if we still were close friends, I feel it would be disrespecting to ask someone if you could make a photo of a dead relative and one of the saddest and most personal moments of their lives publicly avalible for anyone who wishes to see it... :roll:

As much as I would like to investigate it further, I respect his loss and grief more, and if it's meant to be, in time, the picture or an explanation will be shown / given to me, and when that time comes I will share it with all of you.

About the whole capture ghost on photo - what's the theory behind all that? I feel that if a non-carnal being has the power to operate in the physical dimension, it would probably also have the abilitiy to "choose" if it wants to appear on simple human instruments, but then again, if they have some physical matter and visible energy (ectoplasm?), I guess it could be captured somehow... Any Ghostbuster out there who wants to share his or her expertise?? :)

blacktiger057
7th May 2007, 08:12 PM
As everyone else said, that is most definately a reflection of the camera lense. Srry, wrong eye.

Angel wings around the coffin? I really wish you could scan it, but if that doesn't happen I understand. I think the wings could have been two things. 1. Angel or some spirit guide,(maybe his animal totem was a sort of bird) helps him move to the next realm of existence 2. This was a tiny theory I had in the Ouija Board and Angel thread, that some people may be angels incarnating themselves to make the world better. The Was Jesus the Son of Mary and Gabriel? thread supports my theory greatly. Anyway, that's just some food for thought.

Oh, and a good book to read if any of you are interested in ghost hunting: The Case For Ghosts by J. Allen Danelek. I am also part of a ghost hunting group. You can join at the link below. My username there is, ofcourse, blacktiger. Happy ghost hunting!

http://www.spooksdvd.com

hasalameth
7th May 2007, 08:27 PM
blacktiger, I have seen an Angel.

*letting it sink in*

We can discuss it in another thread or pm, I just want to tell you that the very reason that made me register here was when I read Robert Bruce's "definition" or "explanation" of Angelic encounters. It was, word by word, exactly what me and another person very close to me experienced some ten years ago.

About what you wrote, I do believe that many different types of souls can incarnate into human bodies, and in a way I see the human body merely as a "vessle", the "car" in the theme-park (Universe) you have to sit in in order to ride the rollercoster (physical reality life on Earth), so in a way I agree with you, a soul could be very "divine" and "angelic" in nature and closely connected to the higher frequencies, but I do seriously doubt that an Angel, by my defintion, can be in a human body. Angels are such super advanced etnities that they can do almost whatever and manifest in whichever place and dimension they please, but there is one sort of "drawback", I don't really believe they have a free will, or "free" in the sense that they can do anything they wish... Except of course the "angel" described in the books written by man, who was given free will - Lucifer. Uh where was I... :? oh right - but I doubt an Angel would ever be in a human body, I just don't think that body could handle the pressure :roll: , and I can't really find a need for the angel to chose to be stuck in the gross flesh. But interactions between the angels and other "flesh" is something I believe can and is taking place.

I think that for some reason (I do not think it was coincidental), an angel or some other high spiritual being purposely put that "print" in the photo, to hint a message or something of value to the family left behind. I seriously doubt it was his "wings" since I believe the soul leaves the body at the exact moment of death.

Hmmm. Although it can linger around the physical plane for various reasons, until it gets ushered up to the higher frequencies by an Angel or similar, so yeah, maybe the spirit of the passed away man was observing his own funeral and then moved away. That actually makes sense, leaving something behind for the grieving family he saw sitting by his casket.

blacktiger057
7th May 2007, 08:43 PM
Yes, I see your point about angels. What really sparked my theory, I guess, was that if Jesus was real, which believe he was, he was very angel like. I forgot about the imprint theory, which you mentioned above. There is a thread, Ouija Boards and Angels, which you can post your story in if you feel that it would be throwing the this one off topic.

hasalameth
8th May 2007, 05:45 AM
I personally believe Jesus studied the arts of Asia, taoism, kundalini and similar, "cleverly" disguised as the visitor from the west named "ISSA" in Buddhist temple records... :roll: