PDA

View Full Version : Physical pain when attempting OBE

rep
7th May 2007, 05:29 PM
When I used to sleep on my right side and SP came over me, I would feel this weird type of pain on the right side of my body, a couple inches higher then my belly button, kind of like something in my body was being squished which caused a cramp like sensation. I used to think it one of my organs doing something, but I would only ever feel it during sleep paralysis, but that was long ago, and it would let up when I snapped out of it.

After having a successful OBE, I’ve only had a couple experiences since; one where I’m gathering it was a dream, though I was fully lucid, in the other, I got the pain again, but it was in a total different spot then I have ever felt. It was below my belly button between the middle of my body and the edge of my body, and spanned a few inches from the center, though not to suggest it was in a circle.

It hurt as I tried to leave upward using the rope tech from laying on my back in my bed.

I have absolutely no idea what it could be, but I have NEVER felt anything like it except in SP, and never before in this location?

Can anyone help me? Could this be a result of lack of pulling energy into my body?

I am honestly scared now of continuing to try to astral project or anything.

CFTraveler
7th May 2007, 05:41 PM
I'm not sure if that's the answer, because SP happens whether you practice or not- so what energy work does is stimulate your energy body to gain more control of the experience.
A few thoughts- SP in my case occurs with some positions more than others, and they are usually uncomfortable (in my case.) I see your pain is more to the right when you're lying on your right side, making me think that the pain is physical, from the lack of circulation at some spot that is being reflected as pain. Now the question is, when your pain's location changed, did your position also change? If not, if you attribute this pain to rope, try a different exit technique if you are having separation sensations.
Just a few thoughts.

Tom
7th May 2007, 05:42 PM
Have you considered not trying to go out of body for a time, and just doing regular meditation and energy work for a couple of months to clear up the obstacle? And another thing to try might be the phasing approach, which does not involve a traditional separation process, which seems to be the part of the process where you are having side effects.

rep
10th May 2007, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the responses…guys? Well I see Tom is a guy, and I’m pretty sure about CFT.

Yeah, the pain definitely changed in the different position. I only felt it on my right side when I was sleeping on it. This time, as I now sleep mostly, I was lying on my back. I only felt the sensation when I tried to leave my body. And pain is the only way to describe it, but it is more like a cramp, a very weird cramp that I’m never, ever felt while awake.

I do feel like I'm kind of cheating a bit, where instead of doing the proper exercises as I've read about, I'm just using the fact that I get SP a lot to try to project. I think what it'll come down to is working on my energy development and meditation. It's just, it happens, so why not try for an OBE, you know? I was pulling energy up through my body for a period long before any actual attempts, but I do not do it on a regular basis. I think it's kind of silly that it's such a challenge for me to commit to meditating, even just a little, and trying to think of nothing, when I spend time in front the TV, doing absolutely nothing. I've been clearing my thoughts for about 15 minute a day on the days I wake up and do some running, but I don't run everyday (yet).

Thanks again!

CFTraveler
10th May 2007, 08:20 PM
I’m pretty sure about CFT. Only if it's that I'm a girl.

Korpo
10th May 2007, 09:00 PM
Hello, rep.

I think I know this sensation of cramping.

You see, when you have an energy body blockage, it is not like a complete blocking of an "energy wire", but more like added resistance. It hurts exactly because there is resistance to energy flow, and the more energy flows, the more pain. An actual blocked off path you would not even register as such, as nerve energy is necessary to sense.

When I did Monroe Focus 10 trance techniques again recently after a year of energy work that refined my awareness of energy, I could feel the energy rushes all over my body associated with the different audio signals and visualisations. It brings your body in a pre-OBE state. As I lay there I got an irritating energy blockage sensation - like a medium cramp. I could endure it, but it was distracting.

BTW, it was in my right body half, upwards of the waist line, close to the liver. But that does not matter - it could have been on any major energy channel.

Now, in energy work with less "juice in the wire" I found this blockage again and was able to dissolve it. The next time this should not hurt at all, or much less, because removing the blockage decreases resistance to energy movement.

To remove such a blockage try to touch it with your awareness hands, or in any way you feel actually connecting with it. It should feel tense, or strong, or simply not right. It could feel like the pain. If the pain is strong, try to back off a bit, loosen your touch until it is bearable. Now apply Robert's Etheric Wrap technique to it to remove it layer by layer. As the Etheric Wrap sensation sinks into the blockage you get a feeling of warm, maybe even sparkling, liquid energy. Move this either to the outer boundary of your energy body/aura, or into your Lower Tantien/subnavel storage or down below the feet. This neutralises this trapped energy and allows the healing of the blockage.

For detail on Etheric Wrap, see here:
http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=6&BulletinID=242

This comes very close to the technique I use for removing blockages bit by bit for the long term, which I can only recommend. Just try to apply it with minimal force, back off if it gets irritating, be gentle to yourself. And respect your own limits and recognise when you get tired concentration-wise.

Hope this helps!
Oliver

The Godfather
15th May 2007, 07:25 PM
It often hurts me somewhere near my belly while meditating. I suppose this is because of the energy, because this is the chakra (I don't know an english word for it) I have not very well developed. I also drink much alcohol. Maybe this is the problem?

P.S. Sorry for my english

Korpo
15th May 2007, 08:08 PM
Is it right of the belly center? Then it could be the liver. (= drink less ;))

Have you seen a doctor for a checkup? Always a good thing early on. Just say you sometimes get an ache in that region (no reason to tell about meditation) and let him do some tests.

Oliver

The Godfather
15th May 2007, 08:46 PM
yes it's this place ;/ Normally it never aches. Only during meditation

Korpo
15th May 2007, 08:54 PM
Could be an early sign of liver trouble, could be not. First thing is always do a checkup, cut down on alcohol, institute gentle energy work and other healing measures. Could be a blockage, but they are not there without a reason usually.

Oliver

upstream
17th May 2007, 12:27 PM
Very interesting. A couple of times I've had similar sensations, a strong pull upon forced separations... but I felt it at the opposite side of my body. I always thought its the "spleen chakra," the only center that's pictured excentrically in some esoteric systems, such as theosophy. Now I think this chakra is the external component of a center located in the right temporal lobe, including the memory center, hippocampus. So in your case these sensations might signify a small loci of seizure in your left temporal lobe which comes into life during sleep paralysis.