PDA

View Full Version : Shaktipat

Tom
8th June 2005, 12:40 AM
It was back in 1999 that I was given Shaktipat, and it felt like waves of cold water going up my spine and down into my legs. It was like being in the ocean. It was not the traditional sort of fire and lightning and being knocked out of body and having visions that I was looking forward to. Since then, I have jumped at every chance to try to have something more like the traditional experience. It is only recently that I have been able to start to trust that I still had a valid Kundalini activation and that She has been continuing to make progress within my chakras and so on. The problem is that is still sometimes feels like my experience is less valid than other people's or that only the traditional experience complete with all the suffering afterward is real Kundalini. Any thoughts?

Donald McGlinn
8th June 2005, 03:28 AM
Shaktipat is outside my field of experience so I will ask Robert about this when I next talk to him. However, that could be a while as he is currently in the UK doing round the world workshops and is typically out of touch when he is doing that.

Worst case scenario is mid August when he returns to Australia.

soulforest
8th June 2005, 03:44 AM
I'm curious ... can you tell more about how the Shaktipat happened? From whom and what he/she did?

This reminds me of Sahaja yoga. I dont have direct experience with it, just read about it online. The articles I read about it mention the sensation of kundalini as a cool breeze.

Donald McGlinn
8th June 2005, 03:51 AM
Shaktipat is outside of my experience, so I can't answer your question at this time. But I *will* follow it up for you.

As for Kundalini, it is described as the serpent of fire and is anything but gentle when you experience it for the first time.

What you have described doesn't sound like Kundalini to me, but I will state here that I don't have the broad depth of knowledge that Robert does in this field.

Violetsky may be able to shed some light perhaps?

violetsky
9th June 2005, 04:35 PM
Hey there,

Kundalini is a very muddled topic. Part of the problem is there are many, many stages to it. And all too often when a person experiences one of the major stages they say...Aw!...Now I have experienced full kundalini experience. Then they write a 'right' book about their experience. A very valid book but often not the complete picture.

Here is one of the best websites I have found to show the individual stages of kundalini awakening. Click on the diagrams to read about each step or stage.
http://swamij.com/kundalini-awakening.htm

The last stage 6 is the serpent of fire...the biggy which is totally unmistakeable and is what Robert experienced. However, it is very, very important to never push these things too fast or side effects can be very negative. An analogy might fit here - imagine you have a negative aspect or belief about yourself. This aspect may not be active at the time but exist. A full kundalini awakening is like plugging all your positive and negative aspects into a 1000 kilowatt generator. All becomes amplified. Negative or unbalanced traits can even lead to mental instability when we plug them in so to speak. Our entire being and all the programmed beliefs we hold within is massively energized. Also, blockages are a big issue. A blockage can feel like a mild problem when you pour a small amount of energy through it but it can feel like a mighty dam holding back tons of water (painfully so) if a massive river of energy is coursed through us. I like the view of stages. As we pump more and more energy in we notice blockages we thought were taken care of return then do more work once more. Taking each stage a bit at a time and doing a great deal of personal trait housecleaning as one goes is quite reasonable advice, I think.

One of the problems is that the euphoria of kundalini experiences can drive some people (not talking about anyone here...just general speak here) to push ahead despite negative side effects. It can be addictive. This is why I like Robert's NEW method and do feel it does help to build the energy body and its circuits and remove blockages so energy does start flowing more naturally on its own, at its own pace. Kundalini experiences will occur spontaneously on there own when the energy body is ready. Stage by stage. We will often feel energy spikes up the spine. Robert does advice though not to push these spontaneous experiences (to avoid negative side effect) best not to push until we are really deeply acquainted with our energy body and that can take many years of energy work and core image work etc. and really in the end there is no need to push since it will happen spontaneously on its own when the time is right.

Deepest Respects and Best Wishes,
violetsky

Tom
12th September 2005, 10:00 PM
This seems like a good time to bring my thread back to life. Most of what we talk about here is Kundalini activation through our own effort, but my concern is different in that it is more about activation caused by a teacher.