PDA

View Full Version : For all you Star Treky & Harry Potter fans

Tempestinateapot
10th May 2007, 01:48 AM
http://www.physorg.com/news97945163.html

Dragonlor
10th May 2007, 09:50 AM
I'm not really an alarmist, but invisibility would definately rank on my list of bad things.

But in a pure scientific sense...neat!

journyman161
10th May 2007, 10:15 AM
Synchronicity is amazing sometimes - today at the newsagents the leader on one of the Science Magazines was about Plasmonics - it offers all kinds of improvements in data transmission & handling, but also offers the possibility of invisibility. the problems of light-bending & having the invisibility breaking down at close range simply wouldn't be a problem when the invisibility is being generated along the surface using electron density waves.

You know there's something in the air when the same goal is being approached from several different directions.

hasalameth
10th May 2007, 10:44 AM
I also feel it's cool and all that, but again it makes you wonder if the technoology will be used to do good, or to be used as a new mean of killing innocent. Let's make a bet :D

Thanks Tempest!

blacktiger057
10th May 2007, 08:26 PM
funny, I read this on mugglenet, harry potter fan site, a few months ago. Wouldn't it be cool if we could buy those things? I don't think they'd(the gov't) would let us though considering what some people would do...

*Suspicious smile*