PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brown - the Tracker

Excaliber
12th May 2007, 05:57 PM
i recommend, the tracker, the search and the Vision. three books that mix wilderness survival, spirituality and native american ways.

i've read each one multiple times. they are all true stories about a white boy who was trained by an apache shaman in the old ways of his people.

the tracker is about growing up with this indian and all the lessons he learned.

the search is about many of his adventures as an adult. finding missing people in the woods, police investigations... ect.

the vision is about spiritual questing, fasting in the woods, sweat lodges... ect.

tom brown has written many other "awesome" books on wilderness survival. from fires starting, water finding, shelter building and just about anything you can think of that would come into play during a survival situation. but his first three books are his lifes story with many inspiring lessons.

mack
26th May 2007, 02:41 AM
I've been interested in doing one of Tom Brown's tracker retreats for some time...it'll happen and thanks for the extra resources.

Korpo
26th May 2007, 07:34 AM
What a coincidence, Excaliber - call it synchronicity.

The weekend of the 12th May I was on a Qigong workshop and there many people recommended Tom Brown's works. I'm seriously interested. I see you made your post precisely that day when my course was over.

Oliver

Korpo
10th June 2007, 06:23 AM
My copy should arrive Monday or Tuesday. Let's see how this turns out... :)

Oliver

OmegaWolf
30th November 2007, 07:37 PM
I love Tom Brown Jr's works, especially the spiritual ones. Two of the best are out of print and with The Vision they really make up a spiritual trilogy. The other two are The Quest and The Journey. The rights to both of these books just reverted back to Mr. Brown and he has just republished The Journey himself ( http://www.trackerschool.com/news_current.asp#51 )

If you really like his stuff there is a home study course based on these teachings developed by Tom's first student, Jon Young. It is called the Kamana program and you can find out more at http://www.wildernessawareness.org

OW

Arise
3rd December 2007, 05:36 AM
Sounds Interesting.. I'll try and get it soon