PDA

View Full Version : Eyes Wide Shut

WanderingNomad
12th May 2007, 09:27 PM
Lately in my meditation something very weird has happened, at one point I can't tell if my eyes are open or closed all I see is a lot of light, seemed to start just days after adding the 5 tibetan rites exercises (once again) to my cluttered and numerous middle pillar, psi ball, meditation, and mantra routine. Anyone else had this problem? If it helps I'm on 10 repetitions of each exercise at the moment.

CFTraveler
12th May 2007, 09:41 PM
Sounds like astral sight. It should be in the AD pedia.

Tom
12th May 2007, 09:53 PM
"Eyes Wide Shut" is a movie directed by Stanley Kubrick. We really shouldn't talk about it here. If you haven't seen it, though, it isn't worth watching.

I still don't see what the problem is. I mean, what is it about this that makes you think you have a problem?

CFTraveler
12th May 2007, 10:01 PM
You know I remember reading somewhere that the 'light inside' phenomenon is related to the pineal gland, and it's a good thing. I can't remember where I read it, though.

WanderingNomad
12th May 2007, 11:59 PM
It becomes a problem because I can't focus through it, I stop repeating the mantra or doing the meditation that I was doing and lose even more sense of time than I do with normal meditation.... I realize that I'm not seeing with my eyes, think to myself that I want to see with my eyes again and then open my eyes just to make sure I still have them..... That's the part I don't like, getting paranoid and thinking, omg where are my eyes before opening them a few seconds later.... It ruins my deep meditation because I used to judge my progress by how long I could meditate, I was up to 35-40 minutes average two times a day before this.

Never heard of the light inside, what is an AD Pedia ?

CFTraveler
13th May 2007, 12:40 AM
Ad Pedia is the glossary of terms we routinely use (mostly linked), and it's stickied in most of the forums in here. (Not all). The original thread is in Down Under but we have links practically everywhere.

mack
13th May 2007, 02:43 PM
I've found that when things happen like this, or the strobing and other shifting effects my mind can tend to get distracted for a while, so I practice objectively observing my reactions to it and this centers my mind so that I can continue practice.

Hope that helps.

WanderingNomad
13th May 2007, 08:33 PM
When I tried to do a google search for it I turned up over a millions websites and the adpedia reference to it was pretty lacking, usually associating it with Astral Sight in some way. What does the "light inside" phenomena mean/show/do ?

Thanks for everything so far it has helped I was seriously beginning to think there was something wrong with my meditation/mantra etc. etc.

CFTraveler
13th May 2007, 10:03 PM
I remembered where I read it. Here:
http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/ ... 299.0.html (http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/index.php/topic,1299.0.html)

To activate the 'third eye' and perceive higher dimensions, the pineal gland and the pituitary body must vibrate in unison, which is achieved through meditation and/or relaxation. When a correct relationship is established between personality, operating through the pituitary body, and the soul, operating through the pineal gland, a magnetic field is created. The negative and positive forces interact and become strong enough to create the 'light in the head.' With this 'light in the head' activated, astral projectors can withdraw themselves from the body, carrying the light with them.

Astral travel, and other occult abilities, are closely associated with the development of the 'light in the head'. After physical relaxation, concentration upon the pineal gland is achieved by staring at a point in the middle of the forehead. Without straining the muscles of the eye, this will activate the pineal gland and the 'third eye'. Beginning with the withdrawal of the senses and the physical consciousness, the consciousness is centered in the region of the pineal gland.

WanderingNomad
14th May 2007, 12:55 AM
Holy crap the last time I actually "saw" it that's how I did it, by looking towards my forehead phew.. I thought I was just meditating too much... well, I was... but now I know its a good thing. Thanks so much I'll go in deep meditation later tonight and trigger it again and again but you know what....... that really explains the headache I have right now... its a headache in the middle of my brain (right where the hemispheres touch each other )and has been annoying me for the last couple of days........ Thanks so much you've answered all my questions! "Here little light inside me... want a cracker ?"

There is just one thing though, if my severe headache in the middle of my brain is any indication... I'm not ready to have that light for extended periods of time.. but how do you do things with it ? for when this headache goes away..

I'll read the rest of that post, when I can concentrate again... the aforementioned headache sucks bad, I can read light reading and stuff but the moment I try to visualize anything it gets much worse.

CFTraveler
14th May 2007, 01:01 AM
I get what I call 'third eye headaches' when I do energy work on my third eye- or rather I used to, it's not so bad anymore. What I've heard and works for me is to concentrate your meditations on the base chakra and grounding for a few days until you feel better- keeps things in balance.
Balance, grasshopah! (Sorry I couldn't resist). :lol:

WanderingNomad
14th May 2007, 08:56 PM
Ya I remember those, now its just a solid pressure instead :) Just wondering though on the pineal gland, I think... that with a lot more practice I can concentrate all my visualization through it, I noticed that when making a psi ball early today I now use that area almost as much as my 6th Chakra, is that how your supposed to use it ? To visualize things and when focusing energy ? That area of the brain seems to be better at visualizing things and having what you visualize come out as vision and not just a headache from the 6th chakra. Now its a headache between the hemispheres of my brain :) but strangely very very relaxing.

On the grounding, I tried that last night, and this morning I visualize focusing energy through the earth chakra and straight up through the crown chakra, unfortunately I don't know how the crown chakra is supposed to vibrate :( all the other ones I can make fill with energy and shine out with energy in less than 2 seconds. It did help to ease the pineal area headache though, thanks for suggesting it.

Aunt Clair
15th May 2007, 01:29 AM
Hi , I suggest deep cleansing breaths from the crown down before sitting , these will help to prevent headaches and develop the energy body faster too . Follow these with raising power from the feet up . Sit in a throne pose in dim light and practice daily from the same chair and corner of your home . 7:30 pm is an ideal time .

As CFT suggested when blockages cause pain grounding helps . And moving energy gently through that area of blockage is also a good way to relieve that .

I suggest placing the palm of the right hand over the third eye and flaring clean fresh energy from your palm into your eye . Do this by taking energy down the crown to the heart , down the arm and sending it out the palm . The other hand is placed behind the head . Cause the energy to flow from the right hand to the left and gently slowly "saw " it back again from left to right .

Also an energy loop can be formed by taking fresh energy down the crown with each inhalation and passing it out of the brow centre . Try to bring this over your head to re-enter behind the brow centre at the back of the head . Your hands can help this flow by moving them a short space away from direct contact . But in time you will be able to make energy loops at will without use of your hands .

If the headache is throughout the moonstone or head , it might respond better to alternating the loop angle . So move energy from third eye to the back of the head and back again . Then move energy across the head from ear to ear . Again first place palms directly on either ear . Later pull the hands back a short space to just direct flow . In time , learn to pass a loop at will without the hands .

A very gentle puff of air while holding the nose will equalise sinuses when diving or flying . This can be helpful somewhat for energy headaches also .