PDA

View Full Version : should I stop?

Shannanigans
14th May 2007, 12:48 AM
I finished day 7 on Friday, then I had to quit because I was exhausted. I felt totally burnt out on Friday, like I couldn't do another day....I went to bed without doing anything...and I slept for 12 hours

I felt like I was really coming along, and then I felt drained. Now I am refreshed because I had a good sleep-ful weekend.

Should I begin part 2 now, or should I start over again? If I start over again will the same energy depletion happen? Some advice please :)

CFTraveler
14th May 2007, 12:58 AM
I think you should keep going where you were. If you had stopped for a month, then I would (maybe) say something diff. But where you are right now, it's perfectly ok to take a day off now and then and continue where you are.

Shannanigans
14th May 2007, 01:02 AM
Ok great...I will continue on

Thanks!

CFTraveler
14th May 2007, 01:05 AM
No probs.

hasalameth
14th May 2007, 11:29 AM
Not to alarm anyone, but I dropped the whole program at day 5. I think I overdid it energetically somehow, either by the chakra work or just working too hard, and now I have superficial damage on my chest area energy channels... :roll:

As they say in the book it's healthy to take a day off once in a while, in order to let your body adapt to the new, bigger energy lines, and really cement them into your body. I think you'll find that it will be way easier once you've rested. Good Luck!

BriMercer
31st May 2007, 05:21 PM
Initial growing pains like this are to be expected when starting energy work. Look at it as progress.

Take care,

Brian

Shannanigans
1st June 2007, 12:06 PM
Thank you
I did end up restarting, and only in order to become familiar with the energy work so I ddin't have to keep referring to the book

No tiredness this time :)

Korpo
1st June 2007, 12:13 PM
It could quite possibly be that you hit and resolved a big blockage. That can be exhausting. It should usually be accompanied with better progress after rest & recovery.

I already bored you with this before, but humour me once again: There is a comfort zone. Exceed it, and you will need rest & recovery. Stay within it, and everything will progress much more continuously.

About the "damaged energy lines" from h. - I believe the opposite is the case. Removing of blockage of these lines is taking place, not doing damage. They do not so much "clog", but "unblock", IMO.

Oliver

Shannanigans
1st June 2007, 12:24 PM
I agree with you 100% about knowing your comfort zone
When I took a break, my dreams stayed vivid and I remembered them all but I didn't do any energy work

Now, I will do one day a few times before moving on if I feel the need.
I think when I first started I was a little too anxious to AP and maybe rushed a bit

Korpo
1st June 2007, 12:28 PM
I think when I first started I was a little too anxious to AP and maybe rushed a bit

Everybody does - see a recent post by Tempest where she overdid NEW to a degree she hit Samadhi. Unprepared. :shock:

Good you recognise this yourself - this eagerness could lead to damage, though some eagerness is prerequisite. Damn, all these fine lines to walk. :D

Oliver

Shannanigans
1st June 2007, 12:29 PM
I know, it's funny isn't it? Something we all do so effortlessly in sleep, and it takes so much work when we're "awake"!
;)

Korpo
1st June 2007, 12:35 PM
Try to do anything, even breathing, without consciousness wandering. Damn hard in the beginning, people usually find. Now think consciousness is all you have in OBE... :shock:

But I agree - this lucidity and recall thing is quite "a bugger". Have some half-lucid nightly rememberances myself I'm still wondering about recently.

Oliver

Shannanigans
1st June 2007, 12:42 PM
I think the key for me is to ease into it gradually
I have had several dream induced OBE's I am sure (well not entirely sure) and Sometimes have gained lucidity mid dream and then everything fades to black and the vibrations and pulling start and then I wake up
(Funny...the same conversation in two different topics...talk about splitting your awareness)

Korpo
1st June 2007, 12:46 PM
Well, like trance, like energy work - first you do it at all and it is quite coarse and a bit random, and sooner or later you find all the switches and ease into it, so I agree. :)

Oliver