PDA

View Full Version : Energy Work

greatman07
17th May 2007, 04:44 AM
Hello. After being referred to energy work, I have tried the Introduction Exercise in the Energy work tutorial on AstralDynamics' website. At first, I didn't feel anything, but over a few days, I started to notice slight tingling in my left hand and my feet. Is this a good indicator of the energy practice? Will these "tingles" get stronger as I continue energy work?

Korpo
17th May 2007, 08:32 AM
Yes, it is a good thing.

No, they will subside.

This is your finer nerves coming alive as energy circuits become unblocked. Unblocked circuits just feel neutral in a good way - alive, not special.

Congrats and keep up the progress!
Oliver

gothpyre
17th May 2007, 11:27 AM
That feeling will most likely be replace with a warmth or feeling of movement within you. When you feel it you will know what I mean. Some people have different ways of sensing energy movement within them. I still get the tingling in my hands and feet, its most likely because the hand and feet are secondary energy exchange ports and deal with a good amount of energy.

Zappy
17th May 2007, 04:25 PM
To me energy is very cold.

greatman07
17th May 2007, 05:45 PM
Okay, another question. In the NEW energy work tutorials, in lesson 2, they refer to 5 Awareness actions: Stirring, brushing, wrapping, tearing, and sponging. How am I supposed to imagine these actions?

Tom
17th May 2007, 05:59 PM
Okay, another question. In the NEW energy work tutorials, in lesson 2, they refer to 5 Awareness actions: Stirring, brushing, wrapping, tearing, and sponging. How am I supposed to imagine these actions?

Haven't you ever stirred something, brushed something (like your teeth), wrapped something, torn something, or used a sponge to clean something? The point is to use things you have actually experienced so you can remember what it was like and recreate it from memory. As an example, imagine that one of the minor chakras - like at one of the joints on one of your thumbs - is a small dinner roll and you are tearing it open to put some butter in it. You can imagine the texture of the bread as it would be in your fingers and the feel of the knife as you slide some butter into the opening. Then maybe you push it closed again to let the warmth of the dinner roll melt the butter. If you have eaten a dinner roll you can use that to create sensations in the joint of your thumb or wherever you chose. If you have never put butter on a dinner roll you might want to try something more familiar to you. The clearer and more detailed the memory you work with, the better you will be able to recreate it vividly enough to create sensations. At first, you may want to get a toothbrush or a paintbrush or a wet sponge and actually apply it to your hands and feet until you can imagine repeating these actions with your eyes closed and without using these things.

greatman07
18th May 2007, 04:08 PM
Will a person, while doing energy work, gradually become more receptive to their energy field, or in other words, be able to work with their energy body more easily and effectively?

gothpyre
18th May 2007, 04:11 PM
Of course, if not whats the point. If you do something and get nothing out of it, why would you do it.

greatman07
18th May 2007, 04:27 PM
OK. I was a little worried because at first, I wasn't feeling anything (like I said earlier in my post), but now, I feel slight tingles every time I do some of the exercises. Another question: Is there another way to work with your energy body besides visualizing? I'm not really good at that.

gothpyre
18th May 2007, 04:36 PM
Didn't mean to sound so blunt in my last post. To answer you question, yes, you can do the exercises without visualizing it. I use my finger rub, scratch, brush, or what ever action I feel like using on the area I want to stimulate. Then I close my eyes and try to recreate the feeling, try to feel what you just did over and over. I personaly do both visual and feeling at the same time. If you read the book Astral Dynamics or read the article here at the site Robert tells you how to do these things non visually.

greatman07
18th May 2007, 04:38 PM
Thanks. Where might I find that article?

gothpyre
18th May 2007, 04:40 PM
http://www.astraldynamics.com Look at the left side of the page and look under tutorials then training then new energy ways I think.

greatman07
18th May 2007, 04:45 PM
Thank you!

gothpyre
18th May 2007, 04:50 PM
No problem we all have to start out somewhere. If you can find and afford I recommend you buy Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce. I think I paid 9 dollars(American) from amazon. The books like 600 pages and has so much stuff. Most of my questions were answered by reading his book, best book on astral projection\energy work\and more.