PDA

View Full Version : Dancing, Worship, and Energy Raising

Sumo7
25th September 2005, 05:52 PM
I’d like to talk with anyone that might be able to discuss how spiritual energy is raised through worship and dancing. Does it cause us to get more in touch with our Higher Selves and thus release powerful energy? I know it’s more than just endorphins because I’ve experienced this extensively with many other people.

Certain spiritual groups participate in dance and praise to get in more spiritual tune: Yoruba/Voodoo, Native Americans, some Pentecostal Christian groups, Hindu’s and so forth, so it’s not too uncommon.

Anyways, It’d be great to hear what other people have to say about dancing/worship and it’s relationship to our Higher Selves and/or energy raising.

Kalonek
26th September 2005, 07:05 AM
I think that the act of dancing, when it's done thouroughly, frees the body from it's socials blocages and stiffness. Therefore energy starts to run freely through it, even when it's not in a religious/worshipping manner. I've dance a lot of rock'n'roll when I was a teenager (not so long ago :P) and many times I started to feel strong energy vibrations in my hands, then in my arms and legs. I think dance is a good way to raise energy without any mental effort.

Dsmoke
27th September 2005, 11:18 AM
Dancing is a great way to raise energy. In my opinion, it's effective because if you dance hard enough and long enough, it puts you in a state of no-mind, where your conscious mind is sort of shut off and not filtering the experience. You can produce and take in more energy because of this.

I make use of this frequently! However, do be careful. If you're doing this at a crowded club, for instance, there might be energies there you don't necessarily want to pick up, or things you don't want to attract by making a huge energy display.