PDA

View Full Version : Is enochain safe?

Astral Exorcist
25th May 2007, 12:47 AM
I think I've been given the right to practice enochain after dream indicating the root and the sacral the ports for enochain on the tree of life.

As far as I know, enochain is 1 Part Holy 1 Part unholy.
+ I know it might be part of learning to become a mystic.

The lack of information on this thread proves, the lack of information I know about enochain.

By the sounds of it enochain isn't my flavour if half of it, is going to be bad. Unless im more educated onto the subject and to make proper judgement to buy into it or not.

CFTraveler
25th May 2007, 12:52 AM
Maybe you can look into a website that deals specifically with Enochain magic and decide if you want to go with it. Isn't it rather complicated, involving a whole other language?

blacktiger057
25th May 2007, 02:48 AM
Well, if we want to be balanced we have to be 'holy' and 'unholy.' This shouldn't be confused with the term good and evil. In life, happiness soothes us, but grief makes us wise. If it is too dark, don't go there. I'd learn more about it before taking any steps, as with anything.

Scott

Sachiel
25th May 2007, 03:21 AM
Just to clarify, it's Enochian magic...It was based off of a book supposedly by Enoch...Enoch was one of those guys "taken up by God," so I can assure you that there is nothing "unholy" about the book that wasn't introduced by the reader.

As such, lore about the supposed book says a bunch of strange stuff about being over 40 and being married and the like.

I think that's outdated, but the fact of the matter is that the original Book of Enoch (not the one people say they have...) was written in the Enochian language which is all but forgotten. Since Kaballah is based off of Enochian workings, some devout Jewish families might know a word or two. My friend is all but an Orthodox Jew, and his dad knew something like two words. The chances of actually reassembling the language are pretty slim. As an example, abracadabra supposedly had its origins in Enochian, having something to do with "I say and so it is." As some form of backing, if you look up abracadabra on multiple sources, I have found that a portion say it's from Greek, a portion from Latin, a portion from unknown origin, a portion say it's modern, and a portion say it's an acronym. Since I'm fairly certain I've never heard a word with a greek or latin root in abracadabra, it's safe-ish to assume that the "unknown" origin is more likely.

Yeah, so that ended up being a random history lesson.

The "unholy" ideas of Enochian workings stem from innate human temptation. Enoch himself, after writing the book for a very long time (in a cave or something I guess) walked out to see a farmer working on the Sabbath. Gazing on his crops in rage, the field began to burn. God then came and was all like, Enoch, bad boy, and stuff like that.

My aforementioned Jewish friend compared it to a voice that's part you, part practice that it worded in such a way that you really don't know what you're doing, and it might be good or bad. His example was pouring gasoline on yourself and lighting it. And thus were precautions set in ancient times, and thus were you, as you said, given "permission."

The problem there is still that the original workings were all but forgotten, and that Kaballah isn't entirely the same. I would, though it sounds strange, look at the latest edition of The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn by Israel Regardie. As the story (who cares if it's true, really) goes, when he and his colleague were studying, an angel appeared and commanded them to listen while it recited the entire book of Enoch backwards because the words of power within were too dangerous to say correctly.

So it's a start, there, anyways. I'd particularly concentrate on the actual Enochian language in that book, and then try to learn more subconsciously or in trances/dreamstates, because though it provides handholds I'm not entirely willing to leap into the arms of someone who claims that an angel recited a book of someone who was taken in by God to them backwards.

So I hope this information helped, hope even more that it is as accurate as I believe (I have found nothing against it :shock: ), and hope that you're actually reading this since me typing late at night has been known to induce epilepsy.

Well, not really but it could.

~Sam

Astral Exorcist
11th June 2007, 12:20 AM
Sachial I want to say thanks. I'll get back to you soon about this. Once I am more in the balance with life. I will definitely think about it but I’ve got to clear out things first before even considering this possibility of wanting to practice enochain. This thread has been recorded like all posts. And your post work here in this thread will not go to waste.

CFTraveler
11th June 2007, 01:40 AM
I read it too Sachiel- I just have one question- is this the same as the Ethiopian book of Enoch (which I haven't read) or the hebrew book of Enoch (which I read and is actually apocryphal to Genesis)? Or a completely different one?

I wanted to make the joke about Avada Kadavra in Harry Potter but I don't want to piss you off, since I'm glad to see you back- I just had to, though. :)

Louise43
14th June 2007, 11:07 AM
Forgive me if I have got the wrong end of the stick but isn't enochian supposedly an angelic language which was channeled by John Dee (astrolger to Elizabeth I) and his partner in all things occult Edward Kelley?

Louise

iadnon
14th June 2007, 12:26 PM
I've read that this curious system uses signals that are sent directly to certain parts of the brain through specific sounds.

The trick, as it's explained, is based in the fact that you don't have to understand anything by your reason, so the message gets directly to your subconscious.

Anyway I've not proved it.

CFTraveler
14th June 2007, 03:29 PM
Forgive me if I have got the wrong end of the stick but isn't enochian supposedly an angelic language which was channeled by John Dee (astrolger to Elizabeth I) and his partner in all things occult Edward Kelley?

Louise Yes. Enochian magic is a system of magic and if I remember correctly uses symbols that are connected to this language.

wowsah156
20th July 2008, 07:44 PM
Just to clarify an issue over making a correlation between the Enochian entities and Qabbalistic theory. There are 30 Aethyrs in Enochian cosmology whilst there are 32 paths on the tree of life. So numerically there is no synchronicity. Secondly whilst the Enochian entites dont see humanity in a good light, in the Qabbalah humanity is a reflection of G-D. So the two systems arent compatible (and for other various reasons)

boris
24th July 2008, 08:12 PM
http://www.evocationmagic.com/forum/vie ... ec5bad4650 (http://www.evocationmagic.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=17&sid=c561bf2ffc5e8bf1601c36ec5bad4650)

have a good read through this site, specifically this page, before you think about doing any enochian work, and dont take anything they say lightly.

really I think you should be an experienced, full time magician before you attempt this work, but thats not to say its not someting to work up to.

Recently i was reading about this subject and later on that night, whilst meditating I decided to 'skry' one of the letters I remembered (the first one, looks like an N) I held it in my minds eye for only about 2 seconds and vaguely created the sensation of passing through it, it really was as basic and brief as this and completely on a passing whim. Immediately a quite incredible energy descended on my bedroom, ancient, wise, blissful and very powerful. The room danced with lovely specks of light and I could see something like dragonflies buzzing through the air. I learned alot from this and did much scribbling of ideas. The problem came though when I said, 'thanks alot, I've had enough now' . They didn't leave. All that night they were in my room, looking down on me, they appeared like big birds, and I got a very 'birdlike' feeling from them. Its been about 4 days and the energy still hasn't left me alone. It kinda feels like an overshadowing, but by a powerful spirit that knows of love but seems to have an even greater agenda to upkeep. Its just about manageable but Id really rather it wasn't there and ill probably start to worry if it hasn't backed off in a week or so...hmm. :?

So this is my experience, and warning, yours may be different though. you can certainly learn a lot from these entities, but like kundalini, it needs preliminary work.

CFTraveler
24th July 2008, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the warning- it reminds me of something that happened to me a long time ago- but I still wonder about.

boris
25th July 2008, 09:56 AM
what happened?

alphadracooverlord
8th August 2010, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the warning- it reminds me of something that happened to me a long time ago- but I still wonder about.

Please tell us, what happened? You don't need to if you don't want to.

CFTraveler
8th August 2010, 05:47 PM
I'm not sure if I remember what I was talking about. I have to think about it.

Enochian
8th August 2010, 08:14 PM
Enochian magick is safe.

Best book on it is Enochian Vision Magick by Lon Milo Duquette.