PDA

View Full Version : How do you know it is real?

Flash_hound
29th May 2007, 10:50 PM
Has anything happened to you that makes this whole experience all of the sudden real to you? Or is there a way you have proven to yourself it is real?

I'd love to hear your stories. Please. Thanks :-).

CFTraveler
29th May 2007, 11:44 PM
If you're talking about confirmations or validations, I'll have to find mine, they're posted somewhere around here; if you're talking about objective reality vs. subjective reality- I don't know that 'anything' is real, especially when it comes to perceptions.

CFTraveler
29th May 2007, 11:45 PM
If you're talking about confirmations or validations, I'll have to find mine, they're posted somewhere around here; if you're talking about objective reality vs. subjective reality- I don't know that 'anything' is real, especially when it comes to perceptions.
Here ya go: http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=6798
Yes, I quoted myself. Lazy, eh?

Shannanigans
30th May 2007, 04:42 AM
I believe it's real because when I try to come out of it, my body is still vibrating, I'm slow and sluggish but my mind is fully alert the whole time...I've only had partial OBE's so far and I'm convinced with just that!

I guess it's different for everyone

Astral_Ace
31st May 2007, 07:35 PM
I know something is definately there, but the question is what ?

When I first started this, the comfirmation for me were the sensations one experiences while attempting AP. Is this all in our minds ? Possible, but highly unlikely. IMHO anything like energy work, AP or psychic abilities etc etc other poeple can't convince you it's real, but when you experience it yourself you know it's real. To assume there is nothing beyond physical reality is the most arrogant assumption considering how very little we humans know.

-Astral_Ace

artdragondream
31st May 2007, 10:16 PM
There is an easy test you can do the next time you OBE.

All you need to do is concentrate on going to a family members or friends house. Its very easy all you need to do is imagine yourself there and you will be there. look around, see what those people are doing and find something unique. Like if there is a book open on a table, remember what page it is open to, or what they are wearing. Things that have changed since last you visited there house. You can even mess with there cats and dogs making them go nuts around the house. Animals have been known to be able to see people who are having an out of body experience.

When you wake up give those people a call and confirm everything you saw and ask them if there animals were going nuts last night.

And there is your confirmation.

Something a little simpler is to simply take your nusepaper close your eyes and open it to a random page. place it in a room you don't plan to go into and close the door. when you next have an OBE go into that room read what page it is on and the stories. Then when you wake up just go see if you were right.

Have fun.

~Scott

blacktiger057
1st June 2007, 01:01 AM
I have projected into people's houses before....one of my online friends wanted me to try this. And I described his house perfectly! It was really amazing....so yes, I know its real. But you seem like the 'so-prove-it' person... :) . But don't worry, once you experience it you'll be amazed.

Peace.

Scott

CEP2plet
1st June 2007, 02:52 AM
How do you know it's real? Heh heh... You don't! :)

Aunt Clair
4th June 2007, 10:28 AM
You begin to trust your own clairient senses as others have suggested . But you can also work with peers . Appear to them in projection and set up the time so they can be looking for you . Have a specific path for example set up ahead of time ie I will project to your lounge and walk across the rug in front of the television at 730 pm . When you get good at catching each other in projection appear at random times . Also try projecting together either by going to the end of the partners bed and reminding them its time to fly or by sitting in meditative trance and projecting together to the same realm .

Serenity
4th June 2007, 10:36 AM
And I described his house perfectly!

Haha. I've done that, too, but the remote viewing way.

Athelstone
4th June 2007, 09:54 PM
Has anything happened to you that makes this whole experience all of the sudden real to you? Or is there a way you have proven to yourself it is real?

I'd love to hear your stories. Please. Thanks :-).
Once you experience the vibrations you will know for certain that out of body experiences are real Flash_hound.

Let me emphasize something once and for all. The sensations that accompany out of body experiences are dramatic. They are loud. They are shocking. Forget about out of body experiences for now. Just get to the stage where you have felt the vibrations and BOOM, you know you have stumbled upon something life changing.

This is not a dream. The vibrations are not wishy-washy dreamlike experiences. If someone says, "Oh...I think I may have felt the vibrations...but I'm not sure!" Then you can be almost certain that they HAVE NOT FELT THEM. When you feel the vibrations, there is no doubt whatsoever.

What do the vibrations feel like? For me, it felt like someone had a pneumatic drill in my head. It felt like a bomb went off in my bedroom. I heard loud explosions. I tried to scream out loud in terror, but no sound came out because my whole body was already in sleep paralysis. I do not do drugs. I do not smoke. I do not drink alcohol. I do not have a history of psychosis. I am of sound mental and physical health.

What are the vibrations? No one knows for certain. There are some theories. I agree with the following hypothesis: the feeling of being "shaken apart" corresponds to one's consciousness entering an energy body that has a higher vibration. The feeling of shaking, therefore, corresponds to such a transition into a different vibration. That's all.

Have a read of Robert Peterson's experiences in his free online book:
http://www.robertpeterson.org/obebook.html

If you haven't already I also recommend getting a copy of "Journeys Out of the Body" by Robert Monroe and "Astral Dynamics" by Robert Bruce.

The only way to ultimately find out if it's real, however, is for yourself. Do be careful not to get obsessed with all of this. Personally, I have put OBEs aside for the time being and am currently training with more physical practices (self hypnoanaesthesia), simply because this has much more practical value.

Korpo
5th June 2007, 08:34 AM
Athelstone, I think vibrations can be very dramatic, but do not always be. I had spontaneous vibrations like a roaring rocket, and had other sensations on other occasions as well. So I don't think that they are always dramatic, in any instance, for any person.

I may be wrong, of course. :)

Oliver

CFTraveler
5th June 2007, 03:12 PM
Here is my perspective on this: I used to have 'dramatic' vibrations- I used to describe them as having a lawn mower sitting on your chest- loud and scary. But I have also had faint buzzing, coming in waves.
Now I don't have them at all- how I know I'm ready to attempt exit is when I feel my point of view being 'loose' and wavy- as if I'm rocking or sliding. No more vibes. Some heart center action, but not nearly as hard, or loud, or dramatic as when I was learning to consciously project.

Athelstone
5th June 2007, 06:26 PM
I don't think that they are always dramatic, in any instance, for any person. I may be wrong, of course.
No, you are quite right. As CFTraveler mentioned (and Robert Bruce also mentions in Astral Dynamics) the sensations seem to lessen in severity once one has projected multiple times.

Nonetheless, the strength and sheer power of the vibrations ought not to be understated to students interested in out of body experiences, especially those that have not yet experienced them. Students that experience mild exit sensations may very well feel the vibrations in much greater force at later times in their life. Knowing how severe they can potentially be, therefore, serves as good preparation.

Korpo
5th June 2007, 06:31 PM
Oh, I agree.

This was so dramatic you cannot possibly "oversee" it. Like the roar of a million channels flooding (which energy-wise it was :)).

Oliver

RyanParis
30th July 2007, 09:52 AM
One way to prove astral projection is real is to, get a random card out from playing cards, don't look at it, and then put the back of the card behind, say, a coke can in your room.

Then, astral project, and look behind the coke can and see what the card is. If the card is, say, an ace of spades, and then you wake up and walk toward the card and it's an ace of spades, you will know astral projection is real.

Astral projection is very difficult to explain in any kind of scientific way, so the best we can do at this point is test it on our own.