PDA

View Full Version : what about the fishtank?

Sargoe
31st May 2007, 04:12 PM
Hey im not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i figured i was trying to sleep when i was looking at this so dreams was the first thing that came to mind. I am just a bit curious as to what a fishtank symbolises or represents.. I was trying to sleep and was having no luck and then i looked at the fishtank (it has fish in it) that we recently bought as a family pet.. It was the most relaxing and calming thing i had ever seen and brought me to complete relaxation.. Im just wondering if the fish have any relevance..? My best guess is the flowing water in the tank (almost like a fountain) represents a good force and made me to be calm.. Im not sure.. but looking at the fish brought me straight to feel relaxed ( i was a little tense and worked up.. the night b4 my accounting exam). Well any help is much appreciated and thanks in advance.

Sarge

CFTraveler
31st May 2007, 04:23 PM
There are a few elements in the fishtank, some physical and some metaphysical that may be giving you positive results.
Here's a few:
The fish have very few needs- so observing their movements is passive, and lull you into the same relaxing mood they're in....
Now for the metaphysical:
The constantly flowing water is beneficial as negs don't like to hang out where there's moving water. The sound of the water is probably psychologically calming.
The fish is an ancient religious symbol for Christ. Even if you are not christian, there is a 'collective consciousness' thing attached to the meaning of divine presence. You may be reacting to that, feeling safe & loved.

Other possibilities: The elemental energies in your space are unbalanced? More earth, fire and air and not enough water?- the fishtank may be helping balance out your energies.
And finally, not so metaphysical: They're pretty, and they make you happy. :P
Pets are cool. :lol:

Sargoe
1st June 2007, 06:22 AM
thanks for the reply, Yeah im not religious.. and I thought the running water might have been calming to me because of the whole anti neg thing. but yeah I never really mad ethe connection between a divine presence and the fish it certainly is calming though :D