PDA

View Full Version : My Sister

CFTraveler
25th November 2020, 04:55 PM
Hi folks.
You may have noticed I haven't participated much and might have been short with some of you. This is because I have been extremely distraught and overwhelmed. This is because my little sister has come down with a rare form of cancer that has basically put the cherry to what has been a crap year.
She is a hairdresser and lost her job in March because of the ♥♥♥♥♥ thing- she got sick and then when she was better, they closed all the places, and then, when she didn't seem to recover, one of her glands wouldn't 'unswell', and when she went to a doctor things got from bad to worse, it was cancer, a rare childhood cancer called Ewing's Sarcoma, with some mutations that baffled all the cancer doctors.
She has been battling this and is on her fourth round of chemotherapy, with no job, crap insurance and no other means of support except crap unemployment. We don't know how much more chemo and radiation (radiation hasn't started yet, staging has been difficult) and possibly more surgery. Meanwhile, she has a son to support, who also needs services as he's in the spectrum, and my siblings and I have been trying to help her, but the bills are unreal and we're all living under the same circunstances as other people.
If anyone has extra money or knows anyone who has money to spare I would be very grateful. Here is her Go Fund Me page:
https://gf.me/u/y93tty

olyris
26th November 2020, 01:13 AM
When is independence is threathened
Independence never threatens back
Damnation is blessed only until the truth
That the life of all is fearless
And salvation is healthy this way final

It might (veritably) work - I only know that cancer tests both positive and negative to independence, and that that's not reality. Can you see reality this time? Reality is fundamentally and inalieably honest.

Chrysalis
16th December 2020, 02:43 PM
If she lives in the US she should apply for medicaid. My brother was in the same boat when he was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer of the tongue. He couldn't work. Fortunately he received care through a state public university hospital and was put on medicaid. So he had no medical bills to pay. Her doctor should put her in touch with a social worker. If that hasn't happened yet, call and ask who you need to speak to. Are you her medical advocate?

CFTraveler
17th December 2020, 06:39 PM
She has and got medicaid. But since she hasn't worked since March of 2020, her unemployment doesn't cover most of her rent, power, and living expenses, the gas necessary to get her to treatment, and food for her son, who happens to be in the Autism spectrum to make things more "interesting". It's been a heck of a time for her.

atsguy
18th December 2020, 05:31 AM
She has and got medicaid. But since she hasn't worked since March of 2020, her unemployment doesn't cover most of her rent, power, and living expenses, the gas necessary to get her to treatment, and food for her son, who happens to be in the Autism spectrum to make things more "interesting". It's been a heck of a time for her.

Hey cft, sending some prayers and a little bit of change I have to her. You have always been a brilliant member of this community. I think it’s the highest honor you are trying to spread the word and help ur sister. Times are so tough these days.

If you have time look into bob beck protocol Facebook group. I don’t like to post claims of alternative stuff. But it’s worth a look.

Much love

Also it might be worth it to make a post on reddit detailing your sisters situation. Some people over there are very knowledgeable and could give you some great advice on how to move forward: post it in the personal finance section like this guy:

https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/3caz6k/went_from_a_6_figure_salary_to_a_diagnosis_of/

Chrysalis
18th December 2020, 06:15 AM
Has she applied for food stamps?

https://www.usa.gov/disability-financial-support

CFTraveler
18th December 2020, 05:47 PM
Hey cft, sending some prayers and a little bit of change I have to her. You have always been a brilliant member of this community. I think it’s the highest honor you are trying to spread the word and help ur sister. Times are so tough these days.

If you have time look into bob beck protocol Facebook group. I don’t like to post claims of alternative stuff. But it’s worth a look.

Much love

Also it might be worth it to make a post on reddit detailing your sisters situation. Some people over there are very knowledgeable and could give you some great advice on how to move forward: post it in the personal finance section like this guy:

https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/3caz6k/went_from_a_6_figure_salary_to_a_diagnosis_of/ Thank you atsguy and Chrysalis. I truly appreciate your response. I do think she has applied for foodstamps, although reluctantly. I offered to give her a little money but she refused, so I went with crowdfunding instead. :heart: