PDA

View Full Version : Copy: Is there a way to do magick in meditation without spoken affirmations?

D.O.
8th December 2020, 11:50 PM
Is there a way to do magick in meditation without spoken affirmations?

CFTraveler
10th December 2020, 03:18 PM
Yes. Ritual work doesn't always involve spoken affirmations, although most styles do. Like making sigils. You don't say them, you make them and then ignore them.

Antares
13th December 2020, 05:33 PM
I've read that visualisation and "unfolding" (not: forcing) your emotions toward your desire / goal is more powerful than any words. I think it is correct, according to my understanding on how magic(k) works. In short, it is not about the mental / verbal part (typically related to the left part of brain), but to the creative / imaginative part (typically applying to the astral level). This is what magic(k) is about. Which doesn't imply that you cannot use affirmations, which also have an effect.

olyris
13th December 2020, 07:19 PM
All the fierce love and yielding virtue will create a Thing!

Antares
13th December 2020, 07:51 PM
All the fierce love and yielding virtue will create a Thing!
Yes.

Love is the law, love under will

Love is qualified as an attribute of that force, power or influence

The purpose of the heart is to know yourself to be yourself

I.e. your true inner self is related to the heart center. The primary quality and asset of the heart center is love. Your soul communicates through your feelings, particularly the heart chakra, but if you cannot reach it (temporarily or at all), it would need to use your emotions which is an indirect way.

Your true self is the primary source of power for yourself. Discovering your true inner self is the key to any magic, both literal and metaphorical.

olyris
14th December 2020, 02:27 AM
I.e. your true inner self is related to the heart center. The primary quality and asset of the heart center is love. Your soul communicates through your feelings, particularly the heart chakra, but if you cannot reach it (temporarily or at all), it would need to use your emotions which is an indirect way.

Your true self is the primary source of power for yourself. Discovering your true inner self is the key to any magic, both literal and metaphorical.
Yep, magical heart work is emotional release and delivery.
True self is in the third eye, right where "I" can be thrown a stone unto.
Any sacred or special understandings of others, cocreate(d) in the sacral.

I do surmise that 46&2 from MerKaBa literature is this foundation.

olyris
16th December 2020, 09:58 AM
The odd chakras are great for uniqueness, just as the even ones are for sameness. The magic of uniqueness involves the employment of ego. Once your magic is 46&2, there might be nothing left to do except conquer.

Antares
17th December 2020, 08:46 PM
Interesting is the symbolism behind the ancients' mathematics, about odd and even numbers, regardless how and whether they are applied (like in this case, to chakras), indeed.

Even = harmonizing, sometimes (overly) defensive. Basically, yin, just like Chinese people said.
Odd = expanding, sometimes (overly) offensive. Basically, yang, just like Chinese people said.

Knowing this is fundamental to true magic (no words required).

olyris
18th December 2020, 06:00 AM
Interesting is the symbolism behind the ancients' mathematics, about odd and even numbers, regardless how and whether they are applied (like in this case, to chakras), indeed.

Even = harmonizing, sometimes (overly) defensive. Basically, yin, just like Chinese people said.
Odd = expanding, sometimes (overly) offensive. Basically, yang, just like Chinese people said.

Knowing this is fundamental to true magic (no words required).
True offense - art.
True defense - compassion.
Pure magic - understanding understood.

olyris
18th December 2020, 01:32 PM
True offense - art.
True defense - compassion.
Pure magic - understanding understood.
I think there is one thing more to say, allegorically:

life - magic = boredom. alrighty then!
boredom + magic = life? hmm.

Antares
18th December 2020, 07:12 PM
I think there is one thing more to say, allegorically:

life - magic = boredom. alrighty then!
boredom + magic = life? hmm.
Yes, the mathematical system has its flaws. :)

But this might be true, however. Life without magic leads to boredom, which is the threshold to... the death.

Include, therefore, magic to your life. :) Xmas is a perfect time for restoring some magic to this highly technological world. :)

olyris
18th December 2020, 11:27 PM
I will throw in $2 worth, and:
- mystery is the art of fun
- seduction is the art of truth
- enchantment is the art of prayer

Xmas is an honest magic, dig it. :)

Eonnn
3rd January 2021, 06:32 AM
I only dabbled in some high ceremonial magick such as LBRP, middle pillar and kaballistic cross rituals but quickly learnt any thing can be a ritual and it's being in a magickal mood or magickal mindset which creates real magick. Similar to shamans in the amazon in how they connect with nature and make rituals up on the spot, just going with what feels right in the moment and embracing that connection with the divine. Then you start seeing how life is a ritual in itself, and everything you do can be in a constant flow from one ritual to the next.

The strongest affirmation is the one which is unspoken and sung gently in the heart.

Check this out on wikipedia search term "anahata" (heart chakra):

Anahata is associated with the ability to make decisions outside the realm of karma. In Manipura (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manipura) and below, man is bound by the laws of karma and fate. In Anahata one makes decisions ("follows one's heart") based on one's higher self, not the unfulfilled emotions and desires of lower nature. As such, it is known as the heart chakra.[9] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anahata#cite_note-9) It is also associated with love and compassion, charity to others and psychic healing. Meditation on this chakra is said to bring about the following siddhis (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddhi) (abilities): he becomes a lord of speech, he is dear to women, his presence controls the senses of others, and he can leave and enter the body at will.