PDA

View Full Version : Dear Members:

CFTraveler
11th November 2021, 04:43 PM
Dear Members:
Robert has let me know that the new forum isn't compatible with the old format, and that the plan for now is to prune the forums, and then archive it as read-only.
As of now, the forum is too big.
So if there is anything you have written in the forum that you want to keep, copy it and keep it, just in case, because if it's old enough, it will go bye-bye.
He is going to do what he can to preserve as much as possible of what is here, but just in case, please be advise that now is a good time to look for good stuff and to keep it until the whole thing is migrated.
Thank you and sorry for the disruption.

Sinera
13th November 2021, 08:24 PM
Fine with that, my last post in my Lucidiary was already 5 years ago anyway and even then I had it all saved to a hard drive.

Still a bit sad that this forum is ending now after so many years. Sign of the times.

newfreedom
14th November 2021, 04:02 PM
Dear Members:
Robert has let me know that the new forum isn't compatible with the old format, and that the plan for now is to prune the forums, and then archive it as read-only.
As of now, the forum is too big.
So if there is anything you have written in the forum that you want to keep, copy it and keep it, just in case, because if it's old enough, it will go bye-bye.
He is going to do what he can to preserve as much as possible of what is here, but just in case, please be advise that now is a good time to look for good stuff and to keep it until the whole thing is migrated.
Thank you and sorry for the disruption.

Thanks for letting us know, I'm a little sad to hear this, i have appreciated this AD forum space very much for many years.

CFTraveler
14th November 2021, 04:29 PM
It's not really ending, it has a new format. I thought I had posted the link. Anyway, when it gets archived, there will be a link to it.
The link is: https://www.astraldynamics.org/forums

Sh@dow
11th February 2022, 03:38 AM
What is the point of the new forum if nobody is posting in it, this one looks way better and contains tons of information that will be lost?

Antares
11th February 2022, 04:14 PM
Is there a deadline term when this forum is going to be closed?

CFTraveler
11th February 2022, 06:44 PM
Not sure, I'm sure he'll let us know.

Sh@dow
11th February 2022, 08:48 PM
Did the new forum have a blog system for personal experiences like this one?

CFTraveler
21st February 2022, 06:16 PM
Go in it and take a look.
https://www.astraldynamics.org/forums

Sh@dow
21st February 2022, 07:27 PM
Go in it and take a look.
https://www.astraldynamics.org/forums

I'm already a member there Join date: Dec 11, 2021, then I came here. I didn't find that particular functionality there.

CFTraveler
22nd February 2022, 07:11 PM
Then he hasn't integrated it yet.

Jos bos
8th April 2022, 06:51 AM
CFTraveler,

Every time I open a thread/post the sequence of the comments is irregular. With that I mean that the newest post is at the top, while the first post is at the bottom. This is different from other forums or other platforms. Is there a way I can adjust this layout. So that the the posts at the top are the oldest comments.

CFTraveler
13th April 2022, 02:49 PM
Yes. If you scroll down on your forum page, there is a menu that shows you how to change the order of the threads you want to look at. I'll come back with screenshots illustrating this.

On edit:
Go to the thread you want to look at, and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page.
You should see "Thread Display Options" on the left part of the boxes, the second box.
You should see the options marked "0 Ascending Order 0Descending order. Pick the one you want and them click on "Show threads", which is the button on the right side of the same line/box.

CFTraveler
13th April 2022, 03:03 PM
This template won't let me upload the picture from my computer, says it's not supported. I'm going to try to put it up on my page and link to it from here. I don't know what else to do.

CFTraveler
13th April 2022, 03:08 PM
Ok for all the cookies
https://www.facebook.com/Coralietheartistandphilosopher/posts/1331434630655612

You'll have to click on the link because the bbcode won't let me bring the image.

Jos bos
13th April 2022, 07:51 PM
For anyone that have the same problem with the sequence of the posts.

I could not find 'Thread Display Options' at the bottom of this page.
So i hopped to my profile to re-check if I could find it now, but that was also not a option, then I wanted to pm somebody.

1. At the actual pm messenger page.
2. I saw at the left side of the screen the box called 'My Account'
(It was the third box) in blue letters 'general settings'
When I clicked on that I was directed to a page
3.That had the 'Thread Display Options' (it was around at 50% of the page)
It got a four settings to choose from
Linear - oldest first, Linear - Newest first, Hybrid and Threaded.
4. I selected 'Linear - Oldest first' and scrolled down and clicked save.

CFTraveler
18th April 2022, 07:47 PM
:thumbsup:

newfreedom
23rd August 2022, 03:22 PM
I just tried to join the new AD forum, but failed ! :-(

.....not sure where i am going wrong, i had an email that told me to click link to get started, so i do, but then when i am on the new forum & i put in my details it then tells me to 'Click the link in the email to get to your account', which is what i did to begin with

so i seem to be going around in a loop but not getting access. Also i cant currently get it to resend the confirmation email either. :confused:

i'll try again later, maybe there is something i am missing, or doing incorrectly

newfreedom
23rd August 2022, 03:43 PM
I just tried to join the new AD forum, but failed ! :-(

.....not sure where i am going wrong, i had an email that told me to click link to get started, so i do, but then when i am on the new forum & i put in my details it then tells me to 'Click the link in the email to get to your account', which is what i did to begin with

so i seem to be going around in a loop but not getting access. Also i cant currently get it to resend the confirmation email either. :confused:

i'll try again later, maybe there is something i am missing, or doing incorrectly

Nope ! .... i am now 'in'

it just took some time for the 'confirmation email/s' with the special code to get into my email account, which also came in the spam box

CFTraveler
23rd August 2022, 04:24 PM
Yay! I'm glad it worked.