PDA

View Full Version : AP and OBE. Differences?

Seph
7th June 2007, 03:48 PM
Hi, I've been trying too find out the differences between AP and OBE for a while but I have had no luck finding any previous posts that directly answer my question :(
My vague (and not technical at all) understanding is that astral projection takes your "spirit" (i don't know the correct word too describe it in this context sorry) too the astral plane and allows you too wonder there, whereas an OBE allows you too stay on earth? Is this correct at all?
Another question, If you are able to AP at will does that also mean you can OBE at will?

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

blacktiger057
7th June 2007, 03:54 PM
It's really a definition thing. In some cases, astral projection and OBE's are the same thing. But if ya wanna get technical, OBE's are anytime you are out of your body. Astral Projection is when you are out of your body and in the astral planes. So all astral projections are OBEs but not all OBEs are astral projections.....like the all squares are rectngles but not all rectangles are squares. :)

Tom
7th June 2007, 04:01 PM
If you go with the phasing model, you are never truly out-of-body because there is no traditional separation and everything you experience is within you. I've read the same thing has been said about waking consciousness in the "real world" - that it is not "out there", but instead it is all actually entirely within you. You being you who is reading this.

CEP2plet
7th June 2007, 04:41 PM
I think we're outside and inside ourselves. I think what happens in an out-of-body environment is merely what can't happen in our day-to-day in-body environment, and vice versa. But both, to me, are of the same cause, and should be treated with the same level of seriousness.

CFTraveler
7th June 2007, 06:56 PM
Exactly. OBE and AP are the same thing- you're always inhabiting all areas of existence at the same time, and the trick is projecting your consciousness to the level you desire or can resonate with.
The only difference between an OBE and an Astral Projection is what you think it is- and for convenience's sake we classify them as they're perceived. The way I classify mine are:
OBE to RTZ- There is a distinct perception of separating out of my physical body- there is distinct perception of travel through space, and it usually corresponds to what things look like in the physical.
OBE to Astral Planes- Distinct perception of separation out of my physical body- distinct perception of traveling (flying, floating) across space- flight to specific destination that is segregated in space and has a specific 'look' to it, encompassing differing characteristics.
Phasing- No distinct separation or generation of energy body, but there is some feeling of 'merging into' imagery that unfolds in front of my eyes. There is some feeling of movement, but not as complete as an OBE.
LD- Becoming aware while dreaming. No sensation of separation prior to- can be used as a platform for OBE or transition to the Astral.

I hope this is helpful- but remember: This is how I classify them for my own clarity- others have more detailed distinction based on their experience and understanding.

One caveat I wanted to add: Your spirit never leaves your body while you are alive, because your spirit is not only confined to your body. Your spirit already is in many places at once. You can transfer your consciousness to an energy body, or you can shift your consciousness focus to a nonphysical realm- but your spirit never leaves your body. While you're alive.

Aunt Clair
8th June 2007, 03:01 PM
Hi, I've been trying too find out the differences between AP and OBE ... My vague (and not technical at all) understanding is that astral projection takes your "spirit" (i don't know the correct word too describe it in this context sorry) too the astral plane and allows you too wonder there, whereas an OBE allows you too stay on earth? Is this correct at all?
Another question, If you are able to AP at will does that also mean you can OBE at will?Any responses would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

As others have suggested there are problems with the metaphysical lexicon because standard acceptable definitions are not readily available .

Imho AP means Astral Projection and is any projection taken into the Astral Planes or middle realms .

Imho OBE means any out of body experience inlcuding projection from any of the stones . For example there is separation from the Earth Stone which forms an Astral Double . This form is heavy and constrained to RTZ , Etheric and Astral Planes and is the common form used in AP . But there are many forms of separation beyond AP .

Imho to separate a mental body from the moon stone allows the mystic projection of consciousness which is an OBE also and allows exploration of the lower , middle and higher planes .