PDA

View Full Version : mudras?

sono
11th June 2007, 09:44 AM
Has anyone tried using mudras along with mantras for chakra activation? I have been doing them together for just on a year now, before meditating, & I always feel very powerful energy circulating especially over the '3rd eye & crown. . . . . apparently one is "supposed" to do ALL these mudras at around the 3rd chakra/ lower chest level, but I find that they work best if done in line with the chakra to be activated. Does anyone else do this?

Many thanks

operasinger
11th June 2007, 01:01 PM
I believe ganjananda is doing it all the time. I have just done "some" astanga-yoga and right after session, meditation also. It has helped me enormeously. Perhaps you could talk to ganjananda...

cheers operasinger 8)

sono
12th June 2007, 04:42 AM
Thanks, Operasinger, I'll do that

sono
18th June 2007, 06:40 AM
I made contact with ganjananda, who says he does not use any mudras at all "apart from holding his japa mala (beads) at heart level when he chants". . . . . . . just thought I'd let you know. Thanks anyway!

I read somewhere (I think it was at the Damanhur site) that joining the ring finger & thumb in a mudra assists with astral projection & I have found it does seem to help, unless it's just my perception of it.

Modest
8th February 2009, 04:05 PM
Main chakra mudras do bring a faster effect when I use seed mantras with them. Holding a mudra for a long time does charge the energy body in turn it can help with AP.