PDA

View Full Version : How often to have a Gateway Experience Hemi-Sync Session

greatman07
13th June 2007, 06:32 PM
How often should you have a Gateway Experience Hemi-Sync Session?

Korpo
13th June 2007, 07:28 PM
Hello, greatman.

I think the same rule of thumb as for energy work can be applied - 4-5 times a week minimum for a good progress, a full headphone session per day for entrainment.

Also some of the exercises without headphones on your own to train for reaching the entrained states and exercising such things as color breathing, release & recharge, living body map, monthly patterning, etc. These might be done on pauses during the day, but some of them work better lying down, like living body map.

Of course, that's only my opinion. ;)

Oliver

greatman07
13th June 2007, 07:42 PM
What if you do them everyday? Can that be dangerous? I just started back up after over two weeks of ignoring Hemi-Sync and doing a little bit of NEW, and the exercises are easier to do compared to before...

CFTraveler
13th June 2007, 07:57 PM
I think this depends on how you react to them. I was on a workshop at the TMI where Robert combined his work and hemi-sync, and after only one day of combined work I was on an altered state, which remained for a few days after the workshop was over.
(It was awesome, btw.) I would recommend it highly.
My point is that if you are sent into an altered state as easily as that, doing it every day may get in the way of your day-to day activities, especially driving, etc., so good judgement is important.

greatman07
13th June 2007, 08:02 PM
Well, after listening to the exercises, I have been feeling the buzzing and tingling sensations that are normally felt when doing NEW...plus, I haven't had to sleep for very long...Is this harmful? I do get sleepy, but it's at its strongest in the morning while listening to one of the Hemi-Sync Metamusic tracks. This isn't due to Hemi-Sync, it's due to my stressful high school lifestyle and the fact that I am a mostly nocturnal person.

Korpo
13th June 2007, 08:10 PM
Hello, greatman, most teenagers are naturally "owls" and prefer a more nocturnal lifestyle. Still sleep is important for health and grounding.

Of course Hemisync can be done every day. And some of the Hemisync exercises are actually energy work, especially Living Body Map.

A lot of these things you have simply to monitor carefully. If you cannot sleep because of an exercise, rise early and use it as a start into the day instead. Some exercises (not only Hemisync now) can relax, and some energise.

Hemisync can actually move energies, I have noticed myself, and if you sharpen your energy awareness with energy work, you will notice that and it will work better as well.

If you feel like energy work or Hemisync ungrounds your or detaches you, ground where appropriate. If commonsense is applied, it is safe. This includes reducing or stopping when you are unsure of what you deal with. Asking here might help, but in the end you have to be sure yourself.

Take good care,
Oliver

greatman07
13th June 2007, 08:25 PM
So in other words, if for example I don't feel comfortable in the Focus 12 state, should I continue Focus 10 work Until I do feel comfortable? Another question: Which is more effective: MP3 or MP3 burned to a regular Audio CD?

Korpo
13th June 2007, 09:13 PM
Well, do you feel uncomfortable with Focus 12? If you do, more Focus 10 work might be appropriate. Uncomfortable is usually not the way to go.

How did Robert Monroe describe the states of the different Foci? Signposts in the woods? Focus 10 is the first, and from there you can still see where you came from. When you start to wander around the "Focus 10" spot you will become comfortable with that "place" and will "home in" on Focus 12. Focus 12 is in sight from Focus 10, but maybe beyond the line of sight of your original starting point.

Metaphor aside, the more you can readily induce and work with Focus 10, the more comfortable and easy it might become to enter Focus 12. It is surely no harm to become as good in Focus 10 as you can. In fact, right in the beginning you often accidentally hit Focus 12 when training Focus 10, or even a glimpse of Focus 15. It often comes down to persistence, patience, and regular effort.

MP3 and MP3 burned to audio CD should be actually be precisely the same. MP3 playing decodes every time, burning MP3 to CD decodes one time, but the result should be just the same *unless* the burn program does further resampling. If the burn program does noise filtering or anything like that, Hemisync efficiency should be less, as the "noise" is part of the valuable signal.

Oliver

greatman07
14th June 2007, 07:39 AM
So, should I have a reason to feel scared? I did feel very tingley (or however you spell it) while doing the Orientation part....and it was sort of comfortable, but weird....

Korpo
14th June 2007, 08:22 AM
greatman, you should actually never feel scared.

Were your sensations more like tingling or tickling? Then it could be energy body cleanup. Or is it more like agitation? Then grounding and physical activities might be in order.

If you feel afraid, stop, and look why.

I never had the impression Hemisync could be dangerous, but trying to project is having an influence on your energy body, as do have trance states, as even your normal emotions do. Trying to understand is usually the best ways to deal with this.

Please feel free to go into deeper detail, and if you cannot else, PM is an option as well. ;) Else I'm just assuming what is happening, while it most likely is just a common phenomenon.

Take good care,
Oliver

greatman07
14th June 2007, 09:55 AM
They're tingling sensations....so, as long as I understand what's happening and use my common sense, I should be okay in doing these exercises?

greatman07
15th June 2007, 01:20 PM
Well...can anybody help me out? Oh, another thing...will thinking positive help me overcome my fear of the unknown? I've read some of the stuff in the Serious Neg Abuse forum, and it scared me to the point that I couldn't do Hemi-Sync comfortably last night...do teenagers attract negs more often?

Korpo
15th June 2007, 01:41 PM
A tingling, prickling sensation usually derives from energy body cleanup. The movement of energies can clear up blockages, and that revives nerves and that makes them tingle. Like restoring blood flow to a hand after you slept on it. It is usually quite harmless and reported rather frequently.

I don't think projecting exposes you more than not projecting. Actual psychic attack should actually be unmistakeable, down to physical pain. Robert's accounts in his book "Practical Psychical Self-Defense" should give you a picture.

Projecting might expose you to knowing things you might not have wanted to know - if for example you would encounter a neg, this might scare you. This does not mean you are automatically damaged by such an encounter, BTW.

And furthermore, in the astral thinking might influence the environment. It may things more gloomy. Fear is part of the problem itself. Perfect security is sadly an illusion, whether you project or not. There are endless accounts of projection without negative things happening. Also it depends on the personality of the projector whether an event is traumatic or handleable.

The "Serious" forum is reserved for people who have encountered trouble. Their problems are very severe, but I think not that common. I do not know the reason, but I don't think it stems from "going astral". The astral plane exists whether you acknowledge it or not, whether you project or not. Each individual in the "Serious" forum has his or her own story to tell.

If fear cannot be overcome, work with fear first if it is severe or do not project. I think working with fear should still be done if you chose not to project. But uneasiness can be overcome by projecting and checking out the unknown before letting it develop into a full-grown fear.

I don't know whether teenagers are more exposed - development of mental discipline is very important. Self-confidence. And emotional resistance. These help in protecting you. A teenager can do that like any other person, IMO. But since teenagers are in a part of their life where these things usually start to develop, I think it is harder to do. It is hard enough to learn to be your own person without trying to understand the workings of the mystical or deal with the unknown, but that's just my opinion. Projection can also enrich your life and help in that development. In the end - you chose.

Yes, commonsense is important. :)

Oliver

greatman07
15th June 2007, 02:06 PM
Ok. Thank you!

HeavyFlea
1st October 2007, 06:35 PM
Along with Korpo's great advice, reading about Obe's and the astral can help with fear. Astral Dynamics (although I haven't read it yet, but heard it's good) or Robert Monroe's Journey's Out of Body is a good one.

CFTraveler
1st October 2007, 07:43 PM
Well...can anybody help me out? Oh, another thing...will thinking positive help me overcome my fear of the unknown? I've read some of the stuff in the Serious Neg Abuse forum, and it scared me to the point that I couldn't do Hemi-Sync comfortably last night...do teenagers attract negs more often?
I want to add some things to this question: Most people that frequent the Serious Neg abuse forum came here because they were having problems, not because they were practicing OBE, I being one of them. I came here looking for help and after looking in other places found help with my problems, and from this learned to control my projections, and this helped with the fear- a large component of 'occult problems' is fear of the unknown, and control of your energy body is a good thing.
There is something that I have to say:
When you are young you are more susceptible to certain things, which is why we always say you should have a certain age to attend a workshop, because increased awareness is increased awareness, and it is my opinion that people of a young age are not emotionally equipped to handle some stuff that they become aware of when they start this type of exploration. This is confused with exposure, which is a fallacy, IMO.
What do I mean by this? Simple: We are spirits having a human experience. This means we are already in the astral realm, even though we are mostly not aware of this fact, and have even built institutions to deny this reality (reality according to my beliefs, of course.)
So when young kids endeavor to become aware of the reality they are already a part of, they may not be ready to 'lift the veil', and once that veil is lifted it is almost impossible to put it back down- sort of unspilling milk.
In other words, you are not more exposed to anything, you become aware of where you are.
So I've said it before and I'll say it again- if you are under 16, and have never had problems with negs, please do not read the Serious Neg forum- If you suspect there is a problem go to the main website, pick a countermeasure and practice it (or pray, or whatever your worldview supports) but dwelling on others' neg problems can help you create thoughtforms for yourself.
Read the 'Fascination Principle' in the main site...it is very helpful for this.