PDA

View Full Version : NEW keeping me awake

lucidcruiser99
16th June 2007, 06:18 PM
Hi all,

Several years ago I practiced NEW nightly for several months to induce AP. I tend to get impatient with things so I eventually lost the habit.

I've decided to give it another go. I'm naturally quite responsive to energy work, as soon as I think about beginning to stimulate my feet I start to feel things moving around down there. I can also put myself into trance quite easily, so long as I can quiet the mind I will immediately start sinking into the bedsheets. If I can keep my mind clear vibrations will occasionally follow.

However I'm running into the same issue that I often did during my first go-round. And that is after 30 minutes or so of energy work, my body is quite responsive and my mind is crystal clear, but the progress stops there. For example last night at about 2AM I was dead tired and begun energy work. I started with my eyes open and focused on a candle until my eyes naturally shut themselves. I worked up to the full body circuit and things were moving along nicely, my mind was clear, I was focused, with it, and relaxed. The problem was that I just stayed in this state for 2 hours, when I normally would have fallen asleep without NEW. I stopped NEW after about the first hour and just sort of waited to start drifting into trance but I couldn't get there. My mind was clear and I was relaxed but my body was wide awake. I was comfortable, tingly, and patient, but stuck in stasis.

Have you guys ever run into this? From what I gather with RB's books is that I should do NEW for a while, then "let go" and drift into trance while my energy body is chock full of fresh energy. In a recent attempt I achieved full body vibrations without energy work at all, but usually I just lose focus and fall asleep so I figure I need to raise a little energy beforehand to suggest further progression AP-wise.

Your thoughts on this?

Thanks!

CFTraveler
16th June 2007, 08:13 PM
Many people run into this type of problem occassionally, since the stimulated energy then wakes them too much. How I took care of this is doing sponging (aka energy ball prestimulation) and chakra work during the day, and only relaxation and energy raising (the full body circuit) before the trance work. That way your e. body has gotten it's daily 'workout' but your mind is still able to relax enough.
I do all my projection work in the morning (when I plan to try) and energy work during the day, in these moments of quiet. (Or not) :lol:

lucidcruiser99
16th June 2007, 08:40 PM
Thanks CFT that is sound advice.

I understand the "do what's best for you" generality with respect to NEW, but if, say, I do some energy work several hours before bedtime and have lost all sensation of energy by that time, will the energy raising have lost it's direct effect on that night's AP attempt?

I understand the benefits of making energy raising a part of my daily routine for a healthier energy body, I'm just wondering if I should be focusing it like a lens during pre-AP.

One thing I've found is that if I've subjected myself to large amounts of energy movement before the vibrational state, its arrival is met with less of an excited/frightened feeling that tends to pull me right out of it. But that's another topic, and discussed elsewhere :D

CFTraveler
17th June 2007, 01:29 AM
lucid wrote:
I understand the benefits of making energy raising a part of my daily routine for a healthier energy body, I'm just wondering if I should be focusing it like a lens during pre-AP. I do (in the form of the full-body circuit).