PDA

View Full Version : What are your reasons?

doogatyee
18th June 2007, 11:36 PM
Just curious what everyone's reasons are for wanting to continually experience O.B.E.??

My reasons, i want to see other realms, as I am in the process of writing stories for my children and it would be much easier to write about these places i have experienced (less writer block!!)

Also paranormal expiences have always facinated me, and for to long i have tried to push that side of me away so i ddn't seem like a freak to my friends. And now since i spend more time with my children than friends, I want to explore more!!

Do you have any reasons or just curious??
Cori

CFTraveler
18th June 2007, 11:50 PM
I have been experiencing spontaneous projection all my life, and I learned how to consciously do it to have more control, for when I actually feel like I need it- and also to explore, of course.

blacktiger057
19th June 2007, 12:43 AM
CONGRATS, CF, 6,000 POSTS! :D

At first, my reason was existing in two (or more)places at once and exploring other worlds. But then there came the Akashic Records, which I find incredibly interesting, angels, demons, and all the glory of higher levels. It really took alot of time and still does now, but it is so worth it. I've never had a spontanious OBE before...they must have been disturbing if you didn't know what they were at first.

artdragondream
19th June 2007, 01:15 AM
I see it as the ultimate expression of freedom. Its the one way I know of to actually travel to a REAL magical fantasy world where anything is possible. A place where the child in me can find an ultimate form of expression.

Its also an opportunity of a sort. To explore and expand my knowledge and spiritual understanding. The experience of such a thing, I believe would be the catalyst that would catapult my life forward in ways I could never imagine. I look forward to the change in perspective I will come to have through the experience of being closer to what I truly am. You see its one thing to know something intellectually, not much changes. You just have this knew idea sitting inside you without that much incentive for it to actually have much of an effect in your life. And it is quite another thing to experience that. It becomes real in every level of your being and after that nothing is the same ever again. Not even you.

In a way its sad that i'm relying on this to effect the changes in my life that I wish for and don't have the strength or the courage to bring them about through my own actions. But i'm sure we all have had that one event in our life that has changed things completely and created a new perspective in ourselves that sent our lives in a new and greater direction. I think im simply looking forward to that moment. In a way laying out a path for it to come into my life, In whatever form it might take. And I think having a direct conscious experience of our unlimited, Holy, infinite self would certainly do it for me.

I pray for that day when the world is made new in my eyes. :wink:

~Scott

blacktiger057
19th June 2007, 01:19 AM
Well, artdragondream, if we change something inside ourselves or on the subtle worlds it usually effects the phsyical one as well.

artdragondream
19th June 2007, 01:28 AM
Well, artdragondream, if we change something inside ourselves or on the subtle worlds it usually effects the physical one as well.

And I cant wait to fully discover every possibility that is waiting for me. :mrgreen:

CFTraveler
19th June 2007, 03:23 PM
CONGRATS, CF, 6,000 POSTS! :D

At first, my reason was existing in two (or more)places at once and exploring other worlds. But then there came the Akashic Records, which I find incredibly interesting, angels, demons, and all the glory of higher levels. It really took alot of time and still does now, but it is so worth it. I've never had a spontanious OBE before...they must have been disturbing if you didn't know what they were at first. Your choice of emoticon (big mouth) is apt. I do have a big mouth, don't I? :lol:

wstein
20th June 2007, 06:58 AM
To discover the nature of reality (if there is such a thing).

Sephir
22nd June 2007, 11:05 PM
When I started to practice inducing OOBE (whatever it is)in conscious way, I hoped to reveal by experience a meaning of life - that was abovious for me, that the more we perceive, the more we can comprehend. But I got dissapointed as soon as I had realized, that OOBE doesn't provide me to explore external reality at all. But even up to this day I value experiences like those as a great fun.

blacktiger057
23rd June 2007, 02:48 AM
When I started to practice inducing OOBE (whatever it is)in conscious way, I hoped to reveal by experience a meaning of life - that was abovious for me, that the more we perceive, the more we can comprehend. But I got dissapointed as soon as I had realized, that OOBE doesn't provide me to explore external reality at all. But even up to this day I value experiences like those as a great fun.

Your life has many purposes, some of which you have already fufilled, some which await you. OBE's can also be very spiritual....you just have to know where to look :wink:

Aunt Clair
27th June 2007, 01:31 AM
* explore established realms
* develop new skills and techniques
* pioneer new discoveries
* project with friends who invite me along
* heal shamanically
* learn lessons in dreamstate
* learn from immortal teaching spirits in meditative trance
* visit family overseas
* visit afterlife realms to see deceased rellies
* heal relationships by entering dreams
* et cetera

ewbed
31st July 2007, 12:50 AM
Years ago My mother told me that my father said he was able to see mine and my brother's energy bodies above our physical bodies when we slept.
I also remember from the Book of Genesis that God said "We made Man in our image". Well since God supposedly has no physical body I believe what was meant was our spiritual bodies. So I believe our spiritual bodies are our true bodies and our physical bodies are to teach and test us so we may evolve spiritually.
Why I want and continue to study and learn OBE and AP because a chance to be free of a physical body temporarily to explore is very appealing to me.

RyanParis
2nd August 2007, 09:02 PM
What are my reasons?

* Astral travel is a FUN experience.
* I want to talk to my grandpa who passed away. I realize that because I astral travel sometimes by accident that my spirit might have already visited him, rather my conscious mind knows it or not.
* I'm Christian. Astral travel proves many quotes mentioned in the Bible.
* Explore other Spirit dimensions, including the Astral dimension.

The awareness and knowing that your Spirit is a separate entity from the physical body itself is life-changing. If you've read psychic medium books and you're aware that the medium is legitimate, and you yourself astral travel, you pretty much know for a fact your spirit lives on.

All in all, astral travel is an awesome experience.

nikaem
11th August 2007, 11:26 AM
When I was younger, I thought that if we humans had the potential to develop that kind of abilities, we should just learn as much as we could about them because we were meant to. :)

* To travel and explore other realms
* To paint what I see (I can't paint but still, it would be interesting)
* To get inspiration for stories (I also plan to use lucid dreaming for that)
* To learn lessons from spirits
* To discover more about healing and energy work in general
* To talk about a few things with my mom who passed away
* To visit my deceased pets (finally a chance to really talk to them lol)
* To have fun.

mandy71480
11th August 2007, 03:05 PM
Great topic!

My reasons are:

-Because it's just FUN and COOL!
-Because I love being weightless (floating/flying)
-To visit loved ones I miss (even if they can't see me!)
-To feel closer God and more enlightened about His creations
-Because it's something I can try to teach others once I get it down pat