PDA

View Full Version : being able to see in complete darkness?

Warriorking
1st October 2005, 02:17 AM
Hey guys earlier i had a strange experience while doing some trance meditation.

I was in my sensory deprivation booth (where no light comes in at all), I was in a fairly deep trance and then all of a sudden i could see the carpet (of the roof inside the booth) fairly clearly as if there was some light inside the booth.

I kept on trying to focus on it and after about 10 seconds it faded and my sight went pitch black again.

Can you see in pitch black with your etheric bodys eyes or something?

Malc

Ascendant
1st October 2005, 03:30 PM
Yes, you can. Robert Bruce mentions this in his MAP book, but he talks about it in context of seeing the body with astral sight. I see no reason why one could not see other things as well, however.

I know this is off-topic, but where did you obtain a sensory deprivation booth?

Matt
1st October 2005, 06:00 PM
That sounds similar to the "transparent" eyelids effect you can sometimes get while in sleep paralysis. It's one of the things I use to tell if I'm ready to project. I'll wear an eyemask, then use an interrupted sleep OBE method. Often my body will go into paralysis and I'll be able to see the room through the eyemask, so I know I'm ready to project.

The advantage to this type of realtic check is that you don't have to move your body and risk waking up.

Quantitativefool
2nd October 2005, 12:46 AM
Yeah, I would imagine thats a form or real time sight or astral sight. Seeing through the eyelids with virtually no light. How often do you do that? If you are just starting I would imagine that sensation to occur more and more frequently.

Good luck and may you enjoy your trancing :P
-Stu

Quantitativefool
2nd October 2005, 04:41 AM
I just thought of something that I might add.

It is possible that you are recreating visual aspects of the room subconsciously by causing chemical reactions in your eyes to reproduce the picture of where you think you are looking. There's an easy way to find out of this is just an after image or if it's actual remote viewing. Slowly, after seeing this, move your hand up into where you would be able to see it, if it is properly there and looks correct, or nearly correct, it's astral sight or some other thing. If it however does not appear, or all of a sudden is there, it's likely a form of afterimages and chemicals trying to reproduce what you think should be there.

Hope it helps,
-Stu

Kalonek
2nd October 2005, 07:45 AM
You indeed seem to have got your astral sight activated while in deep meditation. It happens to me a few times each night. I agree with Quantitativefool though, you should do some checking to be sure.

Warriorking
2nd October 2005, 10:00 AM
Cool, thanks for the replys guys, much appreciated.

Robert Bruce occasionally mentions being able to see hes room behind closed eyelids and turn around inside hes own body. Im fairly new to trance and energy work. Ive had this happen quite a few times just as im drifting in and out of consciousness but this is the first time ive seen in total darkness. Usually when it happens i try get all excited and try to control it, and then it always fades as soon as i try.

Ascendant, yeah the sensory deprivation booth was made by my Dad. Its about 1/3rd of a room in size with a air ventilation system inside and a light which you can control the brightness. Its has carpet on the inside and outside. I recommend sensory deprivation for energy work, your sensitivity to bodily feelings increases when your senses arnt being stimulated.

Quantativefool, thats an interesting theory about my subconscious creating the image. I cant see the logic in being able to see something that isnt reflecting any light rays. Maybe the mechanics of astral sight work in a completely different way to physical sight? I guess i just need to keep on practicing it untill i can make it stable enough to do some tests.

Thanks,

Malc

Matt
8th October 2005, 07:20 PM
There are different types of nonphysical sight, the 'transparent eyelids' form usually means that you can control the depth of what you're focusing on. This allows you to see through things. AFAIK it works on thought and there isn't really any actual light involved. However the idea of light does affect nonphysical sight and so some areas appear brighter than others.