PDA

View Full Version : Focus 10 Problems

greatman07
19th June 2007, 06:39 PM
Hello. I was recently listening to the "Intro to Focus 10" exercise. When I got to the point where I was feeling energy sensations, these sensations were mild and not very heavy. However, I feel as if I cannot completely "let go" like the exercise says to do. Are you still supposed to be able to feel your body in Focus 10? Also, how am I supposed to use the Energy Conversion Box? It seems that no matter how hard I try, my visualization of the box just doesn't work very well. For some reason, my mind repeats the locking part over and over.

Deadliner
1st July 2007, 08:05 PM
Hello there!

IMHO you do feel your body in Focus 10. I think that in order to not feel your body at all, one must attain a quite deep level of trance, which is quite impossible to enter in just a few minutes, as in the Hemi-Sync excercises.

For me, Focus 10 is just the starting point, a light trance state where my body is numb but my mind operates clearly. I think that for the Hemi-Sync program in general, you should lower your expectations - don't be preoccupied about what you should feel in each focus (that's what most people in this forum also say).

As for the energy conversion box, I beleive that you should not spend a lot of effort into visualising the box. Just think of all of your anxieties, identify them and place them in the box. It doesn't have to be too visual, just feel all of your anxieties safely put in a box, and feel "free" of all.

I hope this helps!

Korpo
1st July 2007, 08:42 PM
I quite agree with what Deadliner says, but I had trances with Focus tapes and without where the feeling of having a body "recedes to the edge of the mind". It feels more like an information, sth you know, no longer like a direct and immediate feeling.

Your definition of "letting completely go" acts counter to your intention. Trying hard to let go is like saying "I worked so hard to relax" - beyond a certain point the effort results in strain, countering the purpose. In order to let go you need... to let go! ;) This means not attaching to results as much as well.

Go for example on an exploratory journey, list what you feel in Focus 10, inspect your body with your mind. Or even better: Focus on your breathing, make it smooth and the center of your awareness. Do sth that actually will help putting your mind off of its habit of tension.

The energy conversion box does not need to be visualised in much detail. During "Release & Recharge" I felt initially little, but revisiting it after a year of energy work I noticed it gets energies going when he says that you regain the energy of that event/memory that underlied the problem. Even when my visualisation of the box was not that good. :)

Effects may become more apparent over time, especially if you do the energy work exercises (Living Body Map, work with colours, etc.) or another energy work practise like NEW regularly. The sense of feeling energy must be developed over time - some have it naturally, but need to be taught how to activate it. Most have to practise, practise, practise.

Good success,
Oliver

greatman07
2nd July 2007, 07:34 AM
Hmmmm....these answers shed some insight into my problem...anyone else?

iadnon
2nd July 2007, 09:41 AM
I mentioned this in another post, I think.

In my the best F10 session, I lost, completely, my body's sensation. Even more, I felt myself floating, and held by the head to the physical body. The experience was awesome, but I have been unable to reproduce it in the same terms.

According to my conclusions, there must be a surfing in between dream state and awaken-state. If you focus on your physical, you'll be hardly able to achieve that special state of mind, and vice versa, you'll get slept.

So, put a hard mat in the floor, stretch your muscles before starting off, have 5 minutes of deep breath, pee and move your mood to an appropriate state. Have an eye in your inner imagery. When it starts to come open your eyes, just to stop going to sleep. Keep your mind in the hedge, surfing the crest of Morpheous.

A, and to end up. Buddhist recommend projecting yourself in day's happenings, but backwards. So, imagine yourself standing up the bed, moving backwards and undoing everything you've done along the day. A bit hard, but that's their system.

That's all I can say.

Korpo
2nd July 2007, 10:35 AM
Hmm, had a similar effect. I could feel my physical body and what Monroe calls the 2nd body, I think that is the etheric one. separately at the same time. I could not move away, but I could rotate my energy body around an axis I would locate inside my head - feeling a bit of my physical body still. That was weird... :lol:

I think it happened in Focus 12, a state that I think is geared towards shifting perception more strongly into the 2nd body I think. The 2nd body has a certain degree of movement beyond the physical, but not much. I think Robert Bruce explains this, too, in MAP.

I also think this is meant by the feeling of "the body expands" or sth like that from the Gateway tapes. The etheric body is bigger than the physical, it is the aura if I am not mistaken. The feeling of expansion comes from switching awareness into the bigger and more subtle 2nd body.

I had many of these mindsplits during Focus 12 experiences, where I could for example move a point of awareness away from my sensory organs and feel their input as distant, but still there. It is quite weird hearing with your physical ears when this is not the place where your awareness just is. ;)

Oliver

iadnon
2nd July 2007, 11:07 AM
Yes, the second body, the following one from the physical, is the etheric one. It is closely related to the first, according to some authors, as Ophiel (Art and practice of astral projection), and it is the responsible of all paranormal effects in the physical realm (telepathy, telekinesis, pyrokinesis, ectoplasms and so on). It seems another one can see you inside that body in certain hours of the day, when the energy tides are higher.

Anyway, it is explained that there's a natural ascending ability in all of us, which meas that you start projecting to the etheric, and as you evolve with it, you go up the astral, and then the mental an finally the causal plane. The ascension is automatic, and the descent must be willed.

I've not passed to focus 12. I don't think I've mastered the 10th one, and if you are in a working routine (office, computer, stress...) it's a bit complicated to follow a good schedule. At night, I'm so tired that I get asleep when I plug my earphones :lol:

Korpo
2nd July 2007, 11:16 AM
Yes, andonitxo, I agree mostly. As far as I can. ;)

Do you think it is dependant of the "cleanup state" of the respective energy body? I mean, do you think energy blockages in an energy body play a role in what projection we can achieve? That would be quite interesting, I think.

I personally think "glimpses ahead" are possible, but generally the amount of cleanup work to be done limits the projections possible, I think. I have no proof, except that I can now, after a year of cleanup work, induce effects into the etheric body much, much more easily that needed all kinds of effort before.

BTW, from what I've read the 8 energy bodies known to my Taoist school are physical, etheric, astral/emotional, mental, psychic, karmic/causal, body of individuality, body of the Tao/universe. Attaining the body of individuality is the goal of cleaning up the first six bodies, and merging with the Tao or attaining the Tao the ultimate "goal" beyond that.

Be well,
Oliver

iadnon
2nd July 2007, 11:28 AM
Robert Bruce points out the need for energy work both to clean and strengthen the body. I must say I thought that energy realms were not so mechanical, but it seems they have their own laws, as the physical ones rule here. If you thing about it, it's obvious.

Since I started off practicing NEW, yoga and dieting I've evolved much rapidly. In another post I commented that these last weeks I've started to see energy flows if I stare at a person. It's weird. I don't see them directly. It's as if I put a layer of imagination over a physical image of reality. My intuition has developed, also, as much as my understanding of the universe. I've attracted a lot of interesting people and I think I'm well collocated in the path, even if I know I have to put a bit more of effort in it.

Energy work, by the way, is like a drug. It grabs you. It's delightful, massaging and charges the batteries rapidly. It changes, without you to know, your viewpoint of life, and one day you say to yourself: hey! is that me?

:D

What I'd like to attain right now is a conscious and voluntary AP. I WANT TO SEE BEYOND! :D

Korpo
2nd July 2007, 11:32 AM
Yes, agreed on all accounts. :)

One day suddenly there is the turning point, and then change becomes your second nature. Happened for me some months ago, have learned a thing or refined my work or had an experience almost daily since then. It is quite a change. :)

So, do you combine NEW with circulation training? It's not quite the same, but I came from new to MCO originally. :)

Oliver

iadnon
2nd July 2007, 11:53 AM
One day I got out of the office. I was more than tired. I took the subway and sat down. I was exhausted, and I had troubles even maintaining my body in the seat.

I thought breathing could help me recover. No way. My physical body didn't want to work. Nor the muscles, nor the lugs.

So I put my attention in muladara. I stimulated it, and ascend a bit amount of energy till sahasrara. Dude! Believe me when I tell you I recovered in an instant. All my energy came back to me suddenly, as if I pushed a button.

Due to that experience I found out they were more important, techniques like MCO, or energy bouncing, more than just working with chakras.

Korpo
2nd July 2007, 11:58 AM
So I put my attention in muladara. I stimulated it, and ascend a bit amount of energy till sahasrara. Dude! Believe me when I tell you I recovered in an instant. All my energy came back to me suddenly, as if I pushed a button.

*goes looking for his Indian dictionary*
*remembers he has no Indian dictionary*
*scratches head*

Ehm, good, yes? :lol:

But what would you describe as "chakra work only" - energy raising to the chakras, or sth else?

Oliver

iadnon
2nd July 2007, 12:14 PM
NEW indicates you to move energy from muladara to sahasrara, stopping the flow in every one of them, and going on upwards with every inhaling. For me it's a bit hard, and I end up overoxigenated.

So, to work with them I summon each of them speaking out load in my imagination their names (some kind of phonetic keys). That provokes me to feel them in an instant.

Maybe I'll try again Robert's technique. But for now I feel comfortable with my own system.

Korpo
2nd July 2007, 12:16 PM
Hehe, andonitxo, could you explain to me what "muladara" and "sahasrara" are? I tried to hint at the fact I'm not familiar with the terms... ;)

Oliver

iadnon
2nd July 2007, 12:30 PM
Oh, I'm really sorry :shock:

Every chakra has a Sanskrit name, which gives some insight about the nature of the chakra. Even if we call them base, navel, chest, heart, throat, eyebrow and crown ones, their correspondent names are (may be they're not well written): muladara, swadistana, manipura, anahata, visuda, ajna and sahasrara.

So, muladara is the root, and sahasrara the crown.

Korpo
2nd July 2007, 12:35 PM
Ah, thank you. :D

I did not really remember the energy raising like that - coordinated with breath I mean. I usually don't do breath coordination, it is unnatural to me. Often my breath falls into the correct rhythm when I do it well.

I do try to stay aware of the breath, but that is not quite the same, I'd say.

I think you would really like Robert's new book, "Energy work". It has a load more of information about many topics you would find interesting, including different energy circulations beyond the ones he had in MAP and the tutorials. And other additions I find quite worthwhile.

Be well,
Oliver