PDA

View Full Version : Is this chakra?

Triot
20th June 2007, 09:42 PM
Good morning.

Using the NEW. Moving the awareness from one spot under the foot
to another. There is this tapping sensation. Reminds me of 'lemus'
inside the muscle. Moving the awareness to a spot next to it then the
rapid tapping wanish, to the same area again and it's back... and so...

Is this chakra?

CFTraveler
20th June 2007, 09:46 PM
I'm sorry I don't understand. What is the lemus?

Astral_Ace
20th June 2007, 10:01 PM
Recently I've been experiencing a tapping sensation in my feet also. This was localised on the bottom of my foot near the heel.

This was after some extensive energy raising so my feeling is it's a blockage clearing or a new energy channel forming or absorption port activating in lue to energetic stimulation (IMHO). Others will most likely have a more accurate answer for you though.

-Astral_Ace

Mishell
21st June 2007, 01:56 AM
I sometimes get a tapping-like sensation during/after energy work. The energy acts on the body like electricity. What you're feeling is probably little muscle spasms.

Seeuzin
21st June 2007, 04:49 AM
I get this sometimes, too. After my friend worked on my energy in a particularly powerful way, I went to sleep, and as I drifted off I could feel a rapid spasming in the back mucles around my navel chakra. I believe it was due to energy movement as I've never felt anything like it.

Korpo
21st June 2007, 07:35 AM
Fluttering and shaking of muscles are quite normal in undeveloped muscle tissue reactivated. Especially when doing standing meditation a lot of muscle blockage can come lose and vent as shaking. These effects usually subside after some time.

In the "The Way of Energy" Lam Kam Chuen gives an overview of the effects surfacing and fading in the first weeks of standing energy work/meditation. Shaking, I believe, stops within the first six weeks for a normal person.

Beyond the muscles we normally use are deeper layers, or little utilised layers galore. Activating them through energy work will over time balance the muscle/tendon structure of the body, regulate the posture, unburden areas that formerly might have had a structural weakness and also regulate more finer energy flow in the body.

It happened for me and still does. Activating the deeper layers of the physical body unburdens the organs, removes pressure, removes stored stress, and detoxifies the body. It's what moving Qigong and Taiji are all about, for example. Minor to medium side-effects are to be expected, and can usually be explained, and level out with continued practice.

Wish you all good success! :D
Oliver

ShatteredSoul
21st June 2007, 05:15 PM
I'm not familiar with Lam Kam Chuen. tell me about him pls

Triot
21st June 2007, 10:33 PM
Ok, so NEW worked on the first try. Never done it before. Arpox 1 hour
of work. 20 minutes listening to music and the next 40 creating the sensation and moving the awareness across it. Imagined being
tickled under, got sensation and rapidly moved the awareness over
the area forward and back. Then noticed this tapping at one certain spot.

Lemus... I'm not sure what the English word is. It's like when a muscle
start to twitch on it's own (spasm?).. for example a portion of a muscle
around the eye or anywhere else. It can be annoying when it goes on
for hours. Interesting, because it felt like the same happening. The
muscle twitch rapidly.

Good to know this can be chakra. Then NEW is very effective. Need to
experiment more. Thanx.

CFTraveler
21st June 2007, 10:56 PM
Thanks- you just taught me a new word. Twitching happens naturally as we're falling asleep, but it does seem to happen more when we do energy work- I don't know if the attention to the area activates the region of the brain that causes this, or the increased circulation to the area does it, or if it is the circulating energy- but it does happen, and it is common. It does seem more noticeable when we go into trance sometimes, so don't be surprised if you get to that part and all of a sudden something starts twitching.
Robert Bruce said in a recent convo that magnets sometimes help with that if it becomes bothersome, but I just ignore mine.

Korpo
22nd June 2007, 09:02 AM
Lam Kam Chuen is an author of Qigong-related books. "The Way of Energy" is his book about standing meditation ("Standing like a Tree").

He does not really give energy work instructions beyond "try to relax the muscle mentally" or sth, but his advice about standing meditation in general is good and should help. Depends on what you are looking for, I guess.

In general, I prefer Bruce Frantzis on this topic, but Lam Kam Chuen's book details what can happen along the way very good for the beginner.

Oliver

ShatteredSoul
22nd June 2007, 08:02 PM
Very nice. Thanks for filling me in